User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by oldenkam View Post
    I was able to loose the top three screws on the left door and adjust slightly to the left. This gave enough clearance on the bottom of the flap and now closes completely every time. My next step was to grind a bit off the bottom, but fortunately didn’t have to.
    You wrote this in response to a years-old post of mine. You're not wrong - sometimes adjustments will cure the flap-sticking problem - but in our case the bottom of the fridge in our brand new trailer was bowing up so badly that the dealer eventually had to replace the fridge.

After a few months of use the new replacement fridge began displaying the flap-closure problem. I applied one of the most common remedies to the problem - I removed the left door and put a couple of plastic washers on the lower hinge pin to raise the door a bit. Problem solved and - touch wood - hasn't recurred in more than a year since.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi. We are new to Solitude and Norcold. Bought a BRAND new Solitude a month ago and the freezer gets to around 14 but the fridge stays above 45. I was just wondering if you had ever gotten anything figured out with yours? Thanks!

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just used our new-to-us 2019 Momentum 351M and it has the 2118 fridge. The PO had the issue with the flap not closing without having to pull it closed. I
    took things apart, removed a bit of the bottom of the flap, and replace it with a piece of foam pipe insulation. It compresses to seal the flap, but doesn't keep
    the flap from closing like it should. I also installed a couple of 120mm computer fans on the cooling fins inside the fridge. The outside temps were hovering right
    around 100°, about 37° Celsius, but the fridge stayed around 35° F, 1.6° Celsius, and the freezer was at 0°F to 5°F.

Since I'm not happy with the fans running all the time, I've installed a thermostat to turn the fans on when the temp is 6° C and shut off when it gets down to
    3° C. So we'll see how this works.
    Last edited by Hoopy Frood; 08-19-2021 at 05:28 PM.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our 2118;

We have had to troubleshoot the door flapper not heating. That was easy...it wasn't plugged in.

We had to adjust both doors with washers and add a buildup on the door closed/door light toggle.

We have had to replace the drain tube as it was slipping off of the tray.

Norcold is shipping us a new tray...ours keeps popping out if place and water goes everywhere in the fridge...I don't know why, but the fridge cools MUCH better now that we have eliminated the swampy water issues caused by the drip tray and hose leaking into the storage compartment. None can explain this to me, but the cooling find that used to be wet all the time are now frozen all the time.

As we sit here, it is 75 degrees outside. My fridge temp is 26-28 F and my freezer is 2.8 degrees F.

I have no idea why, but fixing the water everywhere issue made a huge difference. Temporarily, I have just taped the drip tray against the back wall. If the new drip tray doesn't work, Not cold has a condensation kit.

If that doesn't work, go through the troubleshooting codes on the fridge control. It will show faults.

I also always carry a spare thermostat...they are cheap and easy to replace. Perhaps.

Hope I helped!

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk
    DECelt
    2021 Solitude 310-GK
    2022 Ram 3500 CCLB diesel

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well unfortunately Iam in your group with my Polar Max 18 by Norcold. It cools but doesnt get cold enough to store food , I have done all the checks without improvement, mine is a 2 weeks old on our ST310 GK. Seems to me we should join voices with GD to influence Norcold to upgrade these units to operate properly. This is a $5000 RV Fridge and should perform as engineered !

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well unfortunately Iam in your group with my Polar Max 18 by Norcold. It cools but doesnt get cold enough to store food , I have done all the checks without improvement, mine is a 2 weeks old on our ST310 GK. Seems to me we should join voices with GD to influence Norcold to upgrade these units to operate properly. This is a $5000 RV Fridge and should perform as engineered !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up 2118 door hinge and temp

Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    Our freezer did better than yours, but our fridge about the same.

The trailer went back to the dealer, where the technician said he adjusted the door so it would seal properly.

Within 24 hours of setting up camp it was clear that the fridge still didn't work. I used impolite words.

After two weeks and discarding about $40 worth of food it went back to the dealer again. The door flap on the left door is not folding out properly. Dealer said they're seeing a lot of problems with this. On ours the floor of the fridge at the bottom of the door is bowed up and the flap binds against it instead of closing. If the flap doesn't close flat and parallel to the front of the fridge then the right door can't seal against it. Dealer is talking about grinding down the end of the door flap so it won't rub on the bowed-up floor of the fridge. Real precision-made appliance here.

Then we'll see whether the fridge some people call "Nevercold" will finally achieve at least minimum safe performance for storing food.
    bend the bottom hinge up and the top of the left "hinge" up allowing the door to close without hitting the inside bottom of the firidge. Worked for me. However still can't get the refer to cool properly. with so many problems.... you would think grand design and the rest would quit using them in their products

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello all,

I have a water leak below our 2118SST on the left-hand side and, only the left-hand side. I have done the following to diagnose 1). Checked the drip pan for water overflowing or seeping out the bottom, no water; 2). Ensured the MacGyver seals I placed on the drip pan to prevent this are still intact, good to go; 3). Looked for water on the bottom of the fridge - no water; 4). Assured good flow out of the drip pan to the exterior of the rig, good to go 5). Looked for water below the refrigerator from the outside, no water. 6). Assured there is no water noticed below the fridge on the right from the interior, no water.

Anyone have this issue who can tell me where this water is coming from?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0607.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	19.6 KB 
ID:	46101

Name:	IMG_0608.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	16.0 KB 
ID:	46102
    U.S. Navy Retired
    Haz, Gin, CD, and CE

2020 Ford F450 Platinum
    2022 GDRV Solitude 378MBS

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haznavy View Post
    Hello all,

I have a water leak below our 2118SST on the left-hand side and, only the left-hand side. I have done the following to diagnose 1). Checked the drip pan for water overflowing or seeping out the bottom, no water; 2). Ensured the MacGyver seals I placed on the drip pan to prevent this are still intact, good to go; 3). Looked for water on the bottom of the fridge - no water; 4). Assured good flow out of the drip pan to the exterior of the rig, good to go 5). Looked for water below the refrigerator from the outside, no water. 6). Assured there is no water noticed below the fridge on the right from the interior, no water.

Anyone have this issue who can tell me where this water is coming from?

Name:	IMG_0607.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	19.6 KB 
ID:	46101

Name:	IMG_0608.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	16.0 KB 
ID:	46102
    How level are you front to back and side to side. My water on the floor was from condensation on the door flapper caused by a faulty flap heater. I'd guess that or a gap in your door seal above that area.
    DECelt
    2021 Solitude 310-GK
    2022 Ram 3500 CCLB diesel

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DECelt,

We are auto leveled front-to-back and side-to-side. Thank you very much for the suggestions, will investigate.
    U.S. Navy Retired
    Haz, Gin, CD, and CE

2020 Ford F450 Platinum
    2022 GDRV Solitude 378MBS

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast