User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    kellypayne7

Loud ACs? Keeping cool?

How loud are the air conditioners on the Momentums? My last units air was so loud we had to turn the tv all the way up. Caused vibrations too. It would be lovely if someone would make a wisper quiet Air. I'd upgrade to that. Also anyone used their momentum in 100+ heat? Did it stay cool?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think my A/C is that loud, the other day I had the slides in, running the generator and the main living A/C and I barely noticed that it was running. As far as the 100* heat, I don't know yet, have yet to experience that!!
    Korey SE WI
    2014 Denali 3500HD LML DRW 4wd FS Airbags 20k Reese
    2014 Momentum 385TH #1396
    2013 Manitou SES VP 150hp Mercury 4 stroke
    Volunteer Firefighter Since 1997

marmidor
    We have a Solitude and our AC's are ridiculously loud. Worse in the bedroom. The vibration is the bedroom is awful

kellypayne7
    That's a shame. I don't know why they don't make them quieter. And they would have to last longer without the vibration. I'm hoping my Momentum will be different. I pick it up tomorrow. Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In our Solitude, the AC is pretty noisy, but not too loud that I can't hear the TV at a slightly above normal setting. Hubby has a bit of a problem hearing the TV, but we managed to get the TV to play through the surround sound and that has really helped. Our TV is in the rear of the RV right under the air, so there is a conflict in the sounds.

Our friends purchased a Columbus 295RL from Gauthiers, and that RV dealership orders units with 13500 units in both the rear and front...that really has made a difference in their unit. We have a 15000 unit in the living area of our Solitude and a 13,500 in the bedroom area. I think if ours ever goes out and I have to replace it, I'll switch to the 13,500 unit in the living area as well. BTW, it is ridiculously loud in the bedroom but it doesn't bother us when sleeping.
    Renee & Bill -- Central Louisiana
    2014 Solitude 305RE #404
    2007 F250

hunterhansen
    I have the 385 Momentum - the A/C units are very loud and vibrate. Especially the one in the bedroom. The garage one seems to be the quietest. About the only thing I'm disappointed in.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, I am glad that mine are not that loud!! I feel that mine are no louder then any other unit that I have ever owned. And mine does not vibrate.
    Korey SE WI
    2014 Denali 3500HD LML DRW 4wd FS Airbags 20k Reese
    2014 Momentum 385TH #1396
    2013 Manitou SES VP 150hp Mercury 4 stroke
    Volunteer Firefighter Since 1997