Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Staying Cool at 110+ degrees?

We are considering moving into our 337RLS full time in a few years, and would likely live in the Casa Grande area. Temps during the summer routinely get above 100, and sometimes up to 115. I will still have a few more years of work before I can retire, so we don't have the option of moving north during the summer. We are planning to install the second AC unit prior to then, but are concerned whether even two units can keep us cool in that heat. Has anyone had any experience with this type of heat in their 5er? Also, does the second unit tie into the duct-work like the main unit?
    Chuck and Kara
    Southern Arizona
    2014 GD Reflection 337RLS #353
    2006 Chevy Silverado 2500HD- Duramax/Allison

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It was 110 in Tucson this week. After repairing a baffle problem in the A/C on Monday, I put the A/C on 65 early in the morning. It held the temp most of the day. By 5pm though, the temp inside was 87 degrees. Even so, it felt good compared to the outside temp. We purchased some vent pillows from camping world, and they helped keep the heat down. I think a second AC would keep the rig in the 70s. I can't answer the question on the duct work though.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In a location with extreme heat temperatures, you should go ahead and get the second a/c unit installed immediately.

stormy
    do you have the 16K btu a/c unit that is ducted throughout? as we are looking at the 337 rls at dealership and they said its about 16 vice the 15 usual found, as our 15k in our tt keeps it freezing (fl) and we have to turn it off once in awhile due to the coldness.

3daawgg
    I have a 303 and my wife and kids are begging me to turn it down. We're in FL right now and I'm freezing them out. I will say this though, the first day it took a while to get cool, but after the first night it has stayed cool. I think that's a testament to the insulation.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am really excited to hear about air conditioning so efficient that you had to turn it down....was it 110 degrees outside??

Quote Originally Posted by stormy View Post
    do you have the 16K btu a/c unit that is ducted throughout? as we are looking at the 337 rls at dealership and they said its about 16 vice the 15 usual found, as our 15k in our tt keeps it freezing (fl) and we have to turn it off once in awhile due to the coldness.
    Chuck and Kara
    Southern Arizona
    2014 GD Reflection 337RLS #353
    2006 Chevy Silverado 2500HD- Duramax/Allison