User Tag List

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nadkaw1957 - Great write-up with great pictures! I would like to move this thread to the "Reference Library" section of the forum where it will be easier for others to point to and find in the future. Are you OK with changing the thread name to something more descriptive like "Adding cooling fans to the back of the fridge".

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad the fans are working for you. I also believe a big part of the problem is all that dead air space above the refrigerator as shown in your picture. Because of the open space above the refrigerator is not blocked off, the cool air being pushed upwards from the fan is just collecting at the top of the refrigerstor and not being directed out of the top vent. After I installed a diversion baffle, the single fan was more than adequate in getting my refrig. temps back into the 35 degree range.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Is yours the Model #2118 (18 cu. ft.)? Mine is and it has 3 fans in the back. 1 at bottom and 2 up top. Mine still won't get below 46 in the fridge."

No, I don't know what model it is, but it's definitely not 18 cu ft.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "nadkaw1957 - Great write-up with great pictures! I would like to move this thread to the "Reference Library" section of the forum where it will be easier for others to point to and find in the future. Are you OK with changing the thread name to something more descriptive like "Adding cooling fans to the back of the fridge".

Rob"

Sure - sounds good to me. Thank you.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "After I installed a diversion baffle, the single fan was more than adequate in getting my refrig. temps back into the 35 degree range."

I agree, and that's my next step - Thanks!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am considering adding something similar to my fridge as it struggles in the Texas heat. Question for those who have done this mod..could you install the fans to the top of the existing plywood to exhaust air out the vent so the air is moving horizontally vs vertically?

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete717 View Post
    I am considering adding something similar to my fridge as it struggles in the Texas heat. Question for those who have done this mod..could you install the fans to the top of the existing plywood to exhaust air out the vent so the air is moving horizontally vs vertically?
    Pete717 - I hope I didn't lose you by moving this thread to the Library with a more descriptive name (See post 14). I was kind of waiting for discussion to go dormant before moving . . . but then you asked a question .

In my opinion . . . fans are better at pushing air than pulling air, unless they are in an enclosed ductwork. What you are proposing will probably help but the horizontal fans will pull a lot of air around the heat exchanger rather than thorough its fins. Better to put the fans on the upstream side and push the air through the heat exchanger as nadkaw1957 has done.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minnow101 View Post
    Glad the fans are working for you. I also believe a big part of the problem is all that dead air space above the refrigerator as shown in your picture. Because of the open space above the refrigerator is not blocked off, the cool air being pushed upwards from the fan is just collecting at the top of the refrigerstor and not being directed out of the top vent. After I installed a diversion baffle, the single fan was more than adequate in getting my refrig. temps back into the 35 degree range.
    Could you post a picture of the diversion baffle and how it is mounted? I am thinking about doing this change too

Thanks
    Frank and Harriett
    2018 303 RLS, Feb 2018 Build
    2009 2500HD Chevy Silverado Crew Cab Short Bed
    Anderson Ultimate Hitch

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankd View Post
    Could you post a picture of the diversion baffle and how it is mounted? I am thinking about doing this change too

Thanks
    See posts 9 and 24 on this thread for top baffle/diverter ideas. https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...732#post175732

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had issues with Fridge temp. being inconsistent. So I am adding a fan kit to the back. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0383.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	96.3 KB 
ID:	14308There is a sensor mounted on the end of a fin on the condenser at the top left that turns on the 4-90mm fans @ 150deg. I am swapping that out for a 122 deg. sensor to come on sooner. Plus I am adding 2- 120mm fans (somewhere to be determined) with their own sensor to come on at 118 deg. I set up a 4 wheel dolly to slide the fridge on too, so I can turn it around and work on it in the open. Much easier that working through the vents.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast