User Tag List

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Push or Pull - that is a debate question that computer builders have discussed since the beginning of computer fans. After building many computers I have found that it has not made a difference, so I have gone with whichever is most convenient. If you do decide to push with the fridge vent then make sure you put the fans at the top of the bottom vent opening so that it will pull air from the bottom vent. If you place it lower than that it will end up pushing some air out of the lower vent, which you don't want. If you have a roof vent where the screen if not removable then having the fans push is certainly the easier route. Another thing to keep in mind. Let's say you decide to do both - push and pull. One might think that would double the air flow but that is probably not going to be true. Final thought - consider adding a fan with built-in LED lights. They come in many different colors. If you do this then you will be able to tell if there is power to the fan by seeing the lights on. It might also look cool at night. Wow, that was more confusing than I had hoped. Sorry

One other thing to keep in mind. If you don't want to fool with a manual switch you can purchase 12 volt thermostatic switches at different temperature settings. You can buy dozen on eBay for about $7. On eBay search for Bimetal Temperature Control Switch Thermostat. If it works out then you can give some to your RV friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    In my opinion . . . fans are better at pushing air than pulling air, unless they are in an enclosed ductwork. What you are proposing will probably help but the horizontal fans will pull a lot of air around the heat exchanger rather than thorough its fins. Better to put the fans on the upstream side and push the air through the heat exchanger as nadkaw1957 has done.

Rob

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Were the pics removed? I don't see any of them. (This sounds like an excellent mod, especially in light of the information recently posted that showed airflow across the coils is critical.)
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howson View Post
    Were the pics removed? I don't see any of them. (This sounds like an excellent mod, especially in light of the information recently posted that showed airflow across the coils is critical.)
    We're having some problems with this thread that Rob and I are trying to work through.

Jim

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Howard - Is the picture you are looking for the one that beaumont had attached to post 20 that was "waiting moderator approval"? As Jim notes, this has gotten tangled up with us trying to have tech content saved to the Library but linked to ongoing discussion threads.

I can see beaumont's attachment in the middle of the text of post 20 . . . not sure how it got there when I approved it . . . or how to move it to where it belongs at the end of the post. A "work in progress" . . . stay tuned .

I would be interested to know if you can see the attachment in the middle of the text.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    I would be interested to know if you can see the attachment in the middle of the text.
    There's now an "Image383.jpg" (that's sideways) showing the fans and misc hardware.
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to add to the fridge cooling issue. I recently was having some trouble with the Dometic RM1350SLMX 8 cf refrigerator not keeping cool. Outside temps 95f, fridge 49f. This fridge comes equipped with four cooling fans. Checked fridge on both gas and electric. measured current, resistance and voltage on electric heaters, checked temp sensor near condenser coil, door seals, the list went on and on. Eventually replaced the heater wire solderless connectors and replaced the 120vac, 18g cord with a 120vac 14g cord.
    The fridge has worked like a champ since.
    Cambridge, Ontario, Canada Eh!
    2018 303RLS
    2008 Silverado 2500 HD Duramax

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rob

Hate to jump in here but I can see pic on post #20 in middle of text

Brian

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's now an "Image383.jpg" (that's sideways) showing the fans and misc hardware.
    Quote Originally Posted by Country Campers View Post
    Rob

Hate to jump in here but I can see pic on post #20 in middle of text

Brian
    Thanks guys . . . I wasn't sure if I was the only one seeing that because of Moderator privileges . . . now I have to figure out how I put it there and how to get it back where it is supposed to be at the bottom .

Rob - (apprentice!) Moderator
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was looking to make this mod, but upon opening my upper access panel I discovered that my baffle rather than plywood is sheet metal painted black. I know my unit is a Dometic, four door model, in my 2018 28bh. Has anyone else encountered this? Any idea if I remove the frame for the access panel if you can remove the baffle without cutting it? I realize that would mean resealing it but that might go better than cutting and reattaching the metal.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180816_122331.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	92.5 KB 
ID:	14523
    Last edited by Cate&Rob; 08-16-2018 at 12:31 PM.
    2018 Reflection 28BH
    2019 F350 Platinum 6.7L LB 4x4

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Neil - I think this is what you intended . . . and the other posts were duplicates?
    We are still "wrestling" with how to handle discussion on Library posts.

The original baffle was wood on my Reflection. Unfortunately, the OEM baffle is screwed on from the inside before the fridge goes in . . . not very handy for future maintenance/service. I cut away the old baffle leaving about 1" all around as a flange that I could attach a new baffle to from the outside. I think others have done the same or similar. I also went to a metal (aluminum) baffle plate, thinking this would be better than wood in this very warm area. Looks like GDRV may have come to this same conclusion.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast