User Tag List

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Lori_Millie View Post
    Exactly my point - in order for negative pressure ventilation to occur, there has to be a sealing of the area around the fan, meaning nothing can get by without going through the fan. Damned near impossible. In Positive Pressure, it's not required to have that sealing, thus it does not impede air flow, only improves..... Just wondering, because I've seen it both ways. I'm going to start at the bottom (I'm short ) and if I have to go to the top, I will... I bought 5 of them for $20.
    Is there any concern about blowing out the propane flame with fans in the lower opening?

Sent from my KFGIWI using Tapatalk
    2017 Imagine 2500RL
    2011 GMC Denali HD

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Lori_Millie View Post
    Exactly my point - in order for negative pressure ventilation to occur, there has to be a sealing of the area around the fan, meaning nothing can get by without going through the fan. Damned near impossible. In Positive Pressure, it's not required to have that sealing, thus it does not impede air flow, only improves..... Just wondering, because I've seen it both ways. I'm going to start at the bottom (I'm short ) and if I have to go to the top, I will... I bought 5 of them for $20.
    Especially when fridge is in a slideout the heat has to be removed from back of the unit. Sealing that space so the fans do that keeps the hot air out out of the rest of the camper too. I used a couple of 140mm computer case fans and wired them inline with the existing rear fan at the thermistor on the top rear of my fridge. I mounted them in a thin luan sheet cut just small enough to fit through the vent opening. That left about 2” opening that I sealed with foil tape.
    I had to replace quite a lot of missing insulation on top of and along one side of my unit. Used rockwool.
    Prior temps were all over the place, now they stat within 2-3 degrees on gas or electric. Very much worth the effort.
    Have a pic but haven’t learned to attach one yet.
    Tim, Pam and Popcorn(furry friend) 2018
    2017 Imagine 2150RB, CRE 3000 w/wet bolts, EMS-HW30C, 675 watt solar, Victron 150/45, Victron Multiplus 3000/120-50, Victron BMV-712, 3 BB 100ah LiFePo. [http://visited statesman.com/image/A...KORTXWIsm.jpg]

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I decided to tackle refrigerator cooling issues, inside and out. I have a Reflection 285BHTS with a Dometic 2862 (8 cu.ft) refrigerator. I read a bunch on this thread and other threads on this site (thank you). I did some looking behind my refrigerator in the slide and then placed an amazon order. So I put two - 92mm IP55 (dust/waterproof fans) behind the refrigerator. I took out the single stock fan, disconnected the 135F thermoswitch and put a 105F switch underneath the disconnected old switch on the fins at the top of the refrigerator (...I figured why waste a ready made mounting spot). I had to cut the luon panel but I put it back in with a few zip ties and some metal A/C tape...worked surprising well. Inside I mounted the 3 fan kit on the interior fins using velcro and I bought some 2 inch spring clips as an extra mounting clamp. I routed the power wire down the condensation vent tube, exited and resealed the tube with silicone caulk and used posi-tap connectors to tap into 12 DC. ...it all works!!

On the rear fans, the original fan was mounted blowing down toward the coils. ...this did not make sense to me because: a. heat rises, b. the single fan was 18" - 24" above/higher than the condenser coils. It seemed to me this fan would be triggered when the cooling fins 12" above the fan hit 135F, and then it would try to blow air down at the condenser coils 18" to 24" lower...fighting the rising hot air the whole time. So I mounted the two new fans blowing the hot air up and out of the baffle/top hatch. I tested the fans by blowing a hair dryer on the thermoswitch, they both work well and it feels like the pull/suck air up as there was a feeling of moving air at the bottom of the chimney. I did go ahead and order a 140mm fan that I am likely going to mount either just inside the lower hatch or further inside at the base of the chimney (blowing in/up). I plan on using a second 105F thermoswitch up high on the fins to trigger the lower fan as well. All the three fans in the rear of the refrigerator will use .94 Amp, and 11.3 Watts. I think the refrigerator will be a cooling machine now!

I have attached photos, hope they work.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BacksideReefer.Fan.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	84.4 KB 
ID:	27079

Name:	BacksideReefer.Fan2.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	85.8 KB 
ID:	27080

Name:	BacksideReefer.Thermoswitch.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	78.6 KB 
ID:	27081

Name:	BacksideReefer.Baffle1.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	70.6 KB 
ID:	27082

Name:	BacksideReefer.Baffle2.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	87.0 KB 
ID:	27083
    Last edited by lawdog1; 06-07-2020 at 07:26 PM.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A few photos of the inside fan and wiring.

Name:	InsideReefer.Fan.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	78.9 KB 
ID:	27084

Name:	InsideReefer.Fan2.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	85.7 KB 
ID:	27085

Name:	InsideReefer.Fan.Wiring.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	58.7 KB 
ID:	27086.
    Last edited by lawdog1; 06-07-2020 at 07:24 PM.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is an impressive job. Nothing like tackling the entire project at once. 👍👍👍

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lawdog1 View Post
    A few photos of the inside fan and wiring.

Name:	InsideReefer.Fan.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	78.9 KB 
ID:	27084

Name:	InsideReefer.Fan2.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	85.7 KB 
ID:	27085

Name:	InsideReefer.Fan.Wiring.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	58.7 KB 
ID:	27086.
    Would you please post a link to the inside fans that you installed? Nice mod on the fridge, mine never seems to keep up but I can see where this would be helpful.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is a link to fans I used behind the refrigerator.

https://www.amazon.com/TITAN-Waterpr...rator+&sr=8-12

I cannot find the inside fan on Amazon. The amazon app shows it as out of stock. The description title is a RC Cooling Unit Warehouse 13” triple fan deluxe frost guard rv evaporator fan with led light and grill

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shanes318 View Post
    Would you please post a link to the inside fans that you installed? Nice mod on the fridge, mine never seems to keep up but I can see where this would be helpful.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I think this is the unit...

https://rvcoolingunit.com/Dometic-3-...-P5661663.aspx

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep that is the one. If you read the description they have a 15 3/4 inch and 13 inch version, both have 3 fans.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I too mounted some fans to the rear of the Norcold 2118 compartment. I purchased this unit... https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    and mounted the assembly to the upper grill of that compartment, inside the grill of course. This one comes with a controller that I mounted inside the trailer on the wall beside the frig. It obviously needs a 12VDC power source, which was already in that rear compartment area down at the bottom, as well as a sensor to mount in the compartment itself. The sensor detects temperature in the compartment and turns on the fans when it senses 68 degrees. In auto mode, it will start the fans at the 68 degree setpoint, and keep ramping up the speed of the fans until it reaches it's max speed and CFM airflow...at around 145 degrees in the compartment. There is also a manual setting with 6 speeds, which I really don't plan to use....just the auto mode. I did have to drill a hole in the wall beside the fridge in order to run the wiring from the controller to the back compartment, but the wires from that controller can be placed to come out of the back of the controller, so once it's installed, it's a very clean install and no visible wiring.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast