User Tag List

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisopy View Post
    I know this is an old thread, but how did you wire the exterior fans in?
    They sell thermostat disks on Amazon that you can use to make the on/off automatic.

Set it to turn on at 120 and off at 85.

Tap the power from the dc at the bottom, run to the thermostat which you place on the top fins, then run to fan. Fully automatic.
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redapple63 View Post
    They sell thermostat disks on Amazon that you can use to make the on/off automatic.

Tap the power from the dc at the bottom, run to the thermostat which you place on the top fins, then run to fan. Fully automatic.
    Thanks. I don't know if I should mix and match fans. I have the stock one that is there now, but don't know if power wise I should just get two identical ones with the same specs, rather than just getting another one to pair with the stock one?
    2020 Imagine Mk2670
    Tow vehicle - 2020 Chevy Silverado 2500 6.6L Gas

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could also just cut original wires to the old thermostat disc and splice in the new one I assume? Since the old one is already connected to the fans and not have to tap anything from the bottom.
    2020 Imagine Mk2670

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. I don't know if I should mix and match fans. I have the stock one that is there now, but don't know if power wise I should just get two identical ones with the same specs, rather than just getting another one to pair with the stock one?
    Shouldn’t matter. The snap dish is just a thermostatic on off switch.

If you use the digital controller, just as easy use the 12v into the snap disk to feed the digital controller it’s 12v, then connect your fans to the controller. Easy peasy.

Bill
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I could also just cut original wires to the old thermostat disc and splice in the new one I assume? Since the old one is already connected to the fans and not have to tap anything from the bottom.
    You could absolutely do that. Don’t even think you would need to cut. They are spade connectors, so just disconnect remove the old snap disk screw the new snap disk and replug the wires. You could also use Wago connectors too and add additional fans to the snap disk or digital controller either works for what ever suits your fancy.

Bill
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could absolutely do that. Don’t even think you would need to cut. They are spade connectors, so just disconnect remove the old snap disk screw the new snap disk and replug the wires. You could also use Wago connectors too and add additional fans to the snap disk or digital controller either works for what ever suits your fancy.

Bill
    Thank you for all the advice, appreciate it!
    2020 Imagine Mk2670

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678