User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow ... thats interesting because that sure doesn't apply to my truck tires. I'll have to watch my trailer tires carefully. However, I'm only slightly less than the rated maximum.
    Aaron & Donna
    2014 Solitude 369RLS #1067
    2010 Dodge RAM 3500 SLT Mega-Cab 4x4 SRW 6.7L Cummins Diesel
    AMP Power Step Running Boards, Bed Step, & Bed Step2; Garmin RV760 GPS & EEZRV TPMS; Truck Covers USA Roll Cover
    Firestone Rear Air Suspension System, on-board compressor with 5 Gallon tank and Air port; Hijacker 16K Ultra Slider 5th Wheel Hitch, Dee Zee Truck Tailgate Assist; DU-HA Humpstor Truck Bed Storage Box; Voyager Rear Back Up Camera System
    YAKUPSŪ Vertical Kayak Rack and Custom Lippert 2" Receiver; Sailun S637ST tires; WeBoost Cell Phone Booster.

Gone Traveling
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    We purchased the Sailun's a year and a half ago and had it weighed last year at the ind. rally. After getting the reults from the weighing I asked the people doing the weighing what air pressure I should run on the trailer tires. I explained to him the original tires were e rated with max air pressure of 80#'s and that I now have g rated tries with max air pressure of 110#'s. His reply was always run max air pressure. After reading all the talk on the forum of running by the charts rather than max air pressure I reduced the air pressure to 90#'s. According to the charts it should have gone down to 80 or 85#'s. Checking the tires the other day they all show excessive wear on both outside edges of all the tires indicating they are underinflated. I am increasing the air pressure to max as I was told to do.
    I always run max pressure. I have never had any problems with wear, blowouts, overheating or anything else. My personal formula for an excellent tire experience is Sailun S637 ST's inflated to 110 PSI cold, wheels torqued to 120 ft lbs, running Centramatic balancers. No blowouts, no super rough ride, no unusual wear ... no tire problems, period.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Retread68 View Post
    After reading enough posts about Sailun tires to get several headaches ..... I have not found any posts that indicates anyone has considered whether the wheels they are using with the S637T HD ST trailer tires meet the tire design preferred width of 6.50". Surely someone in all numerous posts has addressed this, but I can't find it.

The question I have is whether anyone is using 16x6.5 wheels with a 6-5.5 bolt pattern, and if they are, where did you get the rims?

I ask this because the EOM Jaguar wheels are 16x6 with 6-5.5 bolt pattern. Per several peoples discussion with LionsHead reps, the wheel will accommodate 110 lb pressure, but the 6" width means the S637T will not have a flat footprint if inflated to 110 psi max.

I hate to ask the question just because the debate over tires can go and go and go longer than the Energizer Bunny ! Thanks in advance for info.
    Note: Quote has been edited by deleting some information.

Hello all. New to the forum and the world of RVs.

We are about to take possession of a new 2018 375 RES.

Having read about the Westlake tires, (which come on the 375) I have decided to replace them, and wanted to do so with the Sailun ST235/80R16-G/14.
    The question I have relates to the wheel rim size as mentioned in the quote above.
    The wheel which are on the 375 are the Lionhead "Lynx" 16x6 with 8-6.5 bolt pattern.

The Sailun tires are 16"x 6.5", and the tire manufacturer states the tire can be mounted on a 7" wide rim.
    The Lynx rim is only 6" wide.

Has anyone mounted these Sailun tires on a 6" wide rim? If so, what has been the results of doing so?

Thanks for any info as to whether the tire is should be used on a 6" wide wheel.

Dan

Gone Traveling
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan and Judy View Post
    Note: Quote has been edited by deleting some information.

Hello all. New to the forum and the world of RVs.

We are about to take possession of a new 2018 375 RES.

Having read about the Westlake tires, (which come on the 375) I have decided to replace them, and wanted to do so with the Sailun ST235/80R16-G/14.
    The question I have relates to the wheel rim size as mentioned in the quote above.
    The wheel which are on the 375 are the Lionhead "Lynx" 16x6 with 8-6.5 bolt pattern.

The Sailun tires are 16"x 6.5", and the tire manufacturer states the tire can be mounted on a 7" wide rim.
    The Lynx rim is only 6" wide.

Has anyone mounted these Sailun tires on a 6" wide rim? If so, what has been the results of doing so?

Thanks for any info as to whether the tire is should be used on a 6" wide wheel.

Dan
    Dan

Well, while opinions and experiences are a valuable part of forums such as this, my preference on a question like this (being as tires are a key safety component) is to go directly to the manufacturer, get their answer to see if what you are doing is safe and then share the reply on the forum. That said, I'm as guilty as the next guy of posting an opinion, but at the end of the day, this is a question that should go to the manufacturer.

PS - here's one of those opinions I mentioned ... good move dumping the Westlakes.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Dick, Thanks for the reply.

My post was reaching out to see if anyone has had actual experience with using the Sailun S637 ST235/80R16 14/G on a 6" wide wheel.

I have reached out to suppliers, and what I thought was the manufacturer of Sailun tires: www.gosailun.com.
    If you go to the website, you may see why I initially thought I was contacting the manufacturer. However, a closer examination shows that they are the Exclusive Marketing company in the U.S. for Sailun Tire.

I will post their reply, (which I received just today) below.

The reply is in response to my email sent to the "contact" email address listed on the above mentioned website.
    Based on the answer they gave, I will proceed with my order and try using the tires on the 6" wide OE wheels which are on the 375.
    If I notice poor performance or a bad wear pattern appearing, I will buy the "recommended" 7" wide wheels and have the tires remounted on them.

I hope the following information is of some value to others.

Email transcript:

Dan,

We are in receipt of your inquiry. We are a wholesale tire distributor of a
    variety of brands of tires, not a tire manufacturer, and we distribute the
    Sailun brand of tires in the USA. I have reached out to our Commercial
    Department with your inquiry, and this is their response:

"The recommended rim width for the Sailun S637 ST235/80R16 14/G is 7"; the list
    of industry approved rim widths is 6" to as wide as 8" wide.
    As applied to all tires and not just Sailun, the preferred rim width will
    provide the optimum performance from the tire. The 6" to as much as an 8" wide
    rim are approved by the Tire and Rim Association for use with this size, while
    the optimum performance would be achieved by using the 7" wide wheel. This OE
    manufacturer opted for the narrower wheel which is still approved.
    One way a rim width impacts the tire is that a rim that is narrower than the
    recommended width will result in a slightly smaller section width then when
    optimized."

Thank you,

Olga Fraga
    Consumer Relations
    TBC Wholesale
    4300 TBC Way
    Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410
    Tel. (800) 238-6469 - toll free
    (561) 383-3114 - direct
    Fax (800) 467-4638

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Saturday, August 11, 2018 4:04 PM
    To: Infoat
    Subject: Sailun ST235/80R16-G/14 tires

Hello,

I have purchased a fifth wheel RV which has tires that I have decided to
    replace.
    I wanted to do so using Sailun ST235/80R16-G/14 tires.

The question I have relates to the wheel rim size.
    The wheels which are on the RV trailer are the Lionhead "Lynx" 16" x 6" with
    8-6.5 bolt pattern.
    They are rated for the 110 psi G rated tires.

However, the Sailun tires are 16"x 6.5", and you (the manufacturer) state that
    the tire can be mounted on a 7" wide rim, but I can't find any info regarding
    them being mounted on 16 X 6 wheels.

My question is, can these particular Sailun tires be mounted on the 6" wide
    wheels, and how might doing so impact the tire performance?

If not, is there another 16", G rated (or better) Sailun trailer tire that I
    have overlooked which can be used.
    The trailer GVWR is 16000 lbs., and the two axles are rated at 7000 lbs., so the
    load rating of the tires must be about the same as the tires I asked about.

Thanks for your help.

Sincerely,

Dan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got Sailun ST235/85R16s on my 16"x6" Jaguar rims on our 337RLS. I run at 100 psi. No issues.
    Steve and Peggy
    Based in beautiful East Tennessee
    2016 Reflection 337RLS
    2017 Ram 3500 CCSB 4x4 CTD

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Steve,

Thanks for the information on your experience with the 235/85R16 Sailuns.

i am about to pull the trigger on buying the Sailun 235/80R16 tires.
    I just need to decide where to buy them.

I can buy five of them through Giga Tire for a total of $763.59, or at Simple Tire for $787.30.
    I have seen others post that they had a good experience buying from Simple Tire, but I have not seen any mention of Giga Tire.

Giga Tire along with being $24 less, offers a 45 day return policy, and does not stipulate that only unused tire may be returned. And they will pay the shipping.

Whereas Simple Tire only offers a 30 day return policy, and states that the tires must be unused.
    Both seem to have about the same shipping times as far as I can tell before "checking out".

Unless I hear of a good reason not to buy from Giga Tire, I think the decision is clear.

Anyone have Giga Tire experience?

Dan

Gone Traveling
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan and Judy View Post
    Dan,

We are in receipt of your inquiry. We are a wholesale tire distributor of a
    variety of brands of tires, not a tire manufacturer, and we distribute the
    Sailun brand of tires in the USA. I have reached out to our Commercial
    Department with your inquiry, and this is their response:

"The recommended rim width for the Sailun S637 ST235/80R16 14/G is 7"; the list
    of industry approved rim widths is 6" to as wide as 8" wide.
    As applied to all tires and not just Sailun, the preferred rim width will
    provide the optimum performance from the tire. The 6" to as much as an 8" wide
    rim are approved by the Tire and Rim Association for use with this size, while
    the optimum performance would be achieved by using the 7" wide wheel. This OE
    manufacturer opted for the narrower wheel which is still approved.
    One way a rim width impacts the tire is that a rim that is narrower than the
    recommended width will result in a slightly smaller section width then when
    optimized."
    Good answer from the distributor - makes sense and provides complete info. Looks like you're good to go.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just bought five if the sailuns from simple tire. Just waiting for them to arrive.

The Westlake is still leaking air but the dealer said nothing is wrong with it. Screw that, we're upgrading and not going to risk it!
    Our Setup
    2018.5 Solitude 310-GK
    2012 Ford F-450

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Everyone. I see you're talking about these tires on trailers but has anyone had any experience with them on an RV? From their website and from other forums, it seems like these may be a good replacement for my Goodyear G670's. Just looking for any and all input before pulling the trigger on new tires.

2015 Forest River Georgetown 329DS
    245/70/19.5

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast