Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dksnla View Post
    Hey Everyone. I see you're talking about these tires on trailers but has anyone had any experience with them on an RV? From their website and from other forums, it seems like these may be a good replacement for my Goodyear G670's. Just looking for any and all input before pulling the trigger on new tires.

2015 Forest River Georgetown 329DS
    245/70/19.5
    Welcome to the forum. For clarification purposes, do you mean a motor home? We consider our "trailers" as RVs also.

Jim

Gone Traveling
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dksnla View Post
    Hey Everyone. I see you're talking about these tires on trailers but has anyone had any experience with them on an RV? From their website and from other forums, it seems like these may be a good replacement for my Goodyear G670's. Just looking for any and all input before pulling the trigger on new tires.

2015 Forest River Georgetown 329DS
    245/70/19.5
    I know that the Sailun ST tires are excellent - had them on two fifth wheels. They also make truck tires which I assume would be what's used on your coach. Of course, the difference between a fiver and a Class A is that you have a steer axle, which is a different tire design than an ST. I'd check Sailun's website or other Class A forums.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jim - Yes - Motorhome. Knowing there is a difference in tires for hauling, drive, and steering, just wanted to make sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BigGuy82 - Yes, these would be simply the S637 - no ST. From their website it seems they would be designed for steering.

https://www.sailuntire.ca/MRT/S637.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know this thread is a bit old but I have ran these tires on my 14klb fiver since September 17, and have never had any problems. I run them at 90psi(due to wheel limitations) and they are wearing evenly. I had an OTR tire shop install them with the beads for balancing and they are smooth. The stiffer sidewall eliminates the rolling in curves on the highway. I am almost home from a 5700 mile trip from GA to the Canadian border of Montana and back (through 15 states). I would recommend this tire for any 16" trailer tire, I won't buy anything else.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Retread68 View Post
    After reading enough posts about Sailun tires to get several headaches ..... I have not found any posts that indicates anyone has considered whether the wheels they are using with the S637T HD ST trailer tires meet the tire design preferred width of 6.50". Surely someone in all numerous posts has addressed this, but I can't find it.

The question I have is whether anyone is using 16x6.5 wheels with a 6-5.5 bolt pattern, and if they are, where did you get the rims?

I ask this because the EOM Jaguar wheels are 16x6 with 6-5.5 bolt pattern. Per several peoples discussion with LionsHead reps, the wheel will accommodate 110 lb pressure, but the 6" width means the S637T will not have a flat footprint if inflated to 110 psi max. I do realize that matching the inflation pressure to the load requirements can result in the most desired flat footprint, but doing so just runs against my many years of perceived best practices. It is my perception the Sailun S637T tire available in the USA is made like no other trailer tire, thus it has some unique capabilities. Even though an extremely knowledgeable Sailun representative has advised to match the pressure to the load in order to prevent scrubbing and cupping over long term usage, it still gives me an uneasy feeling.

I am listing to the port side with favor toward Sailun tires as a replacement to the EOM WestLakes even though I have had many years of great service from Maxxis M8008's.

I hate to ask the question just because the debate over tires can go and go and go longer than the Energizer Bunny ! Thanks in advance for info.
    http://sendelwheel.com/wheels/t13.html Got them through Discount tire, but other places carry them. They do have others too.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by grandsl View Post
    We just bought five if the sailuns from simple tire. Just waiting for them to arrive.

The Westlake is still leaking air but the dealer said nothing is wrong with it. Screw that, we're upgrading and not going to risk it!
    Have you inspected the rim for cracks? Westlake has had issues in the past.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Powerscol - Just to let you know I also got new wheels from SendelWheel. I got the T16MB's and they were stamped 4300 lbs. I agree with you on the sidewall stiffness of the Sailun tires. Also added shocks to my 337 so this weekend we will find out how much difference these changes make in pulling. Hope you have a great week.
    Retread
    2018 GD Reflections 337RLS, 2021 Ram 3500 Cummins 4x4 CC w/auto level dually, TrailAir pinbox, B&W Companion hitch, Fold-A-Cover Tonneau

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Retread68 View Post
    Powerscol - Just to let you know I also got new wheels from SendelWheel. I got the T16MB's and they were stamped 4300 lbs. I agree with you on the sidewall stiffness of the Sailun tires. Also added shocks to my 337 so this weekend we will find out how much difference these changes make in pulling. Hope you have a great week.
    Retread
    I was wondering what shock system you went with?
    Thanks
    Keith

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keith,

I installed the Roadmaster Comfort Ride #2460 on my 337. Actually I purchased the slipper spring pkg also at the same time intending to install both at the same time. After having everything in my hands, even though I had been told the OEM spring hangers would work; it is not possible to install 2" wide slipper springs in the 1 3/4" hangers on my unit. Maybe someone else can on their unit, but not on mine. I say this just for info if you happen to think about doing the same thing.

As time allows, my plan is to eventually cut off the OEM spring hangers and weld on 2" hangers so the slipper springs can be installed. (It's a hobby!)

The shocks were not too complicated to install, but a couple long drill bits (buy 2 so ya can break 1) are required and OEM U-bolts were not long enough on my unit.

Rich
    2018 GD Reflections 337RLS, 2021 Ram 3500 Cummins 4x4 CC w/auto level dually, TrailAir pinbox, B&W Companion hitch, Fold-A-Cover Tonneau

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast