Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    If it is in Excel, just convert it to a PDF. Excel has that capability

This one?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sailun Load and Inflation 23580 23585 ST (1).pdf 
Views:	71 
Size:	28.0 KB 
ID:	28042

I don't know why its black, click on it it should come up.
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stumpfinder View Post
    It sounds to me like this outfit is not going to endorse you installing 110psi rated tires on 90psi rated rims. They said by new rims or buy different tires...

The last guy they said yeah do that, either pumped them up to 110 and blew his rim off the trailer or took it in for service and the tech said ohhhh pump these up to 110.... or he sold the trailer and the issue was not conveyed to the purchaser and he got hurt... so now they trace it all back to some email where they said yeah you can put 110psi tires on a 90psi rim and they loose a lawsuit.

Had you asked the question a bit different....

I have rims that are rated for these tires however on days that I am not fully loaded is there a problem with me running them at 90psi vs 110psi...

The s637 tires appear to be a multi positional tire aka they can be on a steer axle...

The s637T’s on the other hand are dedicated to being a trailer tire and also have a slightly lower capacity at the same 110psi.

I am not trying to be difficult I am in the market myself. What I have been reading is that the pressure for the same tire should be inflated to a point that would support your load.

I just bought a Dually and the placard on the truck says inflate tires to 70Psi for the front. The same tires on the back are supposed to be inflated to 80Psi. On the 2020 at4 3500 SRW I just unloaded it was 60psi on front and 80Psi on the backs....

On my 20ft bumper pull equipment trailer the cold psi on those is 80 psi. I run them at 45. Anything more than that and empty it would be bouncing off the pavement like a low rider in a dr Dre video....

All this said. And with what I am reading... I have lots of new rims and tires to buy for my other two goosenecks that’s have 7000lb axels and I am running tires on them that quite frankly are not up to the task.. which might explain all the tread separations and blow outs I have... on those trailers when a tires explodes it does no damage to my trailer, however on this camper if something explodes well I suspect I will be spending a lot o money....

I would love to hear what you end up doing or if you find anymore data... my camper has rims on it that will support the 110psi so I think I am good for these tires... my quandary now is having 6inch rims vs 6.5inch rims. But another poster seems to have confirmed this is acceptable...

Sent from my thumbs..
    Okie
    "The last guy they said yeah do that, either pumped them up to 110 and blew his rim off..." Agreed. It's a liability issue.

"The s637 tires appear to be a multi positional tire aka they can be on a steer axle..." My Sailuns are marked "S637" (not T) and "For Trailer Use Only". The max load rating matches the numbers for the S637T tire on Sailun's website, so I must have the S637T version. The tires could be marked better for clarity.

"I would love to hear what you end up doing..." I just installed the Sailun S637 (T...apparently) LR-G tires tires on my 90 psi max wheels. I will operate at 90 psi. I installed 45 degree metal valve stems to accommodate my new TST 507 TPMS with flow thru sensors. I bought and mounted a second spare on the back bumper. Worst case, I have another tread separation, which is what I've had up to now with LR-E tires. If that continues to happen, I will buy wheels rated to 110 psi and up the pressure. Stronger wheels will change the lug pattern from my current 6 on 5.5 to 8 on 6.5. That will require new hubs, as well. I'm optimistic this won't be a problem now, since others are reporting no problems with lighter loads at lower pressure. I took the new tires/TPMS on a 20 mile test run. Max temp was 101 degrees with 90 degree outside temperature. So far, so good. That TPMS gives great peace of mind. Wish I had bought that sooner.

"...my quandary now is having 6inch rims vs 6.5inch rims..." I have 16x6 wheels, as well. The only issue I expect from this is SLIGHTLY more wear on the center part of the tread than the outside areas. Not a concern for me, my tires get replaced for age rather than mileage/wear.

"Not sure if you saw this yet...." No, I hadn't. Thanks. Looks like others are having good luck with Sailuns.

"In the response to you they provided a chart can you share it?" It's attached...I think. Note this table is general info from the Tire and Rim Association, and not a result of Sailun testing of S637T tires. I consider it interesting trivia, but not an answer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Load Inflation Table for ST235-8016 ST235-85R16 Trailer Tires.pdf  
    Last edited by pragmatic; 07-13-2020 at 03:45 PM.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppy's 5th Wheel View Post
    I've posted this before, heck, maybe somewhere earlier in this thread but when I purchased my Sailuns I wrote an email directly to Sailun regarding this issue. Here's what I received.

Paul, thank you for your inquiry to Sailun Tire and for being a Sailun customer.

In regard to your question about inflation, I have attached the Tire and Rim Association load and inflation table for your size (reference line 10). Make sure your trailer is fully loaded when you calculate your weight. Based on the weight of 11,000 lbs. (11,000/4 = 2,750/tire) you stated below, the minimum pressure you should run is 50 psi. I normally recommend 5-10 psi higher than the calculated pressure for some safety. You will want to stay pretty close to this recommendation for ride comfort and to achieve good tire wear. Don’t worry, the tire is engineered for this pressure for the load. The reason the max is 110 psi is the tire is used in some commercial applications that require the additional load carrying capacity.

Please send along any additional questions.

Safe travels.

Al Eagleson ‘ACE’
    Segment Manager, Commercial Tires
    Off. (289) 499-3240 x202
    Cel. (416) 315-9391

I have mine set at 80 psi and have been probably 10,000 miles this way and they re still in like new condition.

If it were possible I would attach the inflation spreadsheet he sent me. If anyone wants a copy, just PM me your email and I will send it. It is an Excel spreadsheet.
    Thanks, Poppy, that's good info. Gives me a little more confidence I've made the right decision. FYI, 15-20% of your load should be on the hitch. I think your actual tire loading is probably closer to 11000 - 1925 = 9075/4 = 2270 pounds. Cheers. Pragmatic

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent.... I am waiting to hear back on a quote from some guys I know. I plan to buy a set of sailun's put them on RV and move over the new OE camper tires to my 26ft flatbed gooseneck.

Fingers crossed that both your's and mine issue with seperation come to a halt!!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pragmatic View Post
    Thanks, Poppy, that's good info. Gives me a little more confidence I've made the right decision. FYI, 15-20% of your load should be on the hitch. I think your actual tire loading is probably closer to 11000 - 1925 = 9075/4 = 2270 pounds. Cheers. Pragmatic
    My 11,000 lb weight was already taking that into account. My trailer weighs 13,600 and has close to 3,200 lb hitch weight.
    Paul "Poppy" and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD ; 2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison CC 4x4; Tire Minder TPMS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ordered 6 sailun trailer tires from Walmart.com on Monday 149.00 a piece and free shipping. FedEx dropped them off today at 11.. 2 days..
    Item Qty Total
    Sailun S637 (Trailer) ST235/80R 16 Tire
    $149.16 6 $894.96
    Order summary
    Order subtotal: $894.96
    Walmart shipping FREE
    Total tax $60.41
    Order total $955.37

Took tires off the rv trailer and headed to discount tire. They removed 5 west lakes installed 5 sailuns and balanced. Then I had them remove 6 tires from rims on my goose neck equipment hauler and put 5 west lakes on there and the last sailun on one of those rims...

Now my rv has 5 sailuns my goose neck has five west lakes and I hav another sailun spare i can put in the back of the truck and have a second spare for either trailer. The charged me 250 for sll this work and lifetime balance...

Now if I have no tread separations or blow outs. Life will be good...

One other thing you might be interested in.. the west lakes and sailuns appear to have steel layers in the side wall... my gmc sensors have a hard time being detected by the truck... I bought a tst tmps with 6 cap sensors and plan to use this system for these two trailers. My other 2 trailers with load range E and F tires have no issue with the gmc kit....

Another thing I noticed is all the rims list a load weight but not a psi.. having said that the lions head white spoke spare says it is rated for 3970lbs as I recall.... according to your charts you posted for sailuns. I would need to run them at 100-105 possibly. Well I pumped them to 110. But just interesting...

Thanks for all the hel- and feedback. By the way all the tires I got from Wally World were built in the 14th week of 2020!

Okie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm ready to pull the trigger on the Sailuns for my 2020 Reflection with the Lions Head wheels. My question is the S637 235/80 or the S637 235/85? Currently have the Westlake E-rated and I am just not comfortable with them. Thanks, and regards.
    Ken & Margie
    2020 GD 337
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4X4
    B&W Companion

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kscaddo View Post
    I'm ready to pull the trigger on the Sailuns for my 2020 Reflection with the Lions Head wheels. My question is the S637 235/80 or the S637 235/85? Currently have the Westlake E-rated and I am just not comfortable with them. Thanks, and regards.
    Do you have 16" rims. I was not aware they made them for 15" ones? Otherwise you need to change rims and check for proper clearance.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Otherwise you need to change rims and check for proper clearance.
    I am looking to change out my G rated Westlakes in the next month or two in preparation for a tow to Disney World in the spring. Any idea what is the "proper" separation between tires on tandem axle trailers? Not much on google about it and I'm thinking of moving up to the 235-85/16 Sailuns from 235-80/16 Westlakes.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you have 16" rims. I was not aware they made them for 15" ones? Otherwise you need to change rims and check for proper clearance.
    Yes, 16" rims on a 337
    Ken & Margie
    2020 GD 337
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4X4
    B&W Companion

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast