User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure but make sure it's the ST not just the S version. The T version is meant for trailers according to another poster.
    2017 Ford F450 - our kids call her "Big Red"
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Retread68 View Post
    After reading enough posts about Sailun tires to get several headaches ..... I have not found any posts that indicates anyone has considered whether the wheels they are using with the S637T HD ST trailer tires meet the tire design preferred width of 6.50". Surely someone in all numerous posts has addressed this, but I can't find it.

The question I have is whether anyone is using 16x6.5 wheels with a 6-5.5 bolt pattern, and if they are, where did you get the rims?

I ask this because the EOM Jaguar wheels are 16x6 with 6-5.5 bolt pattern. Per several peoples discussion with LionsHead reps, the wheel will accommodate 110 lb pressure, but the 6" width means the S637T will not have a flat footprint if inflated to 110 psi max. I do realize that matching the inflation pressure to the load requirements can result in the most desired flat footprint, but doing so just runs against my many years of perceived best practices. It is my perception the Sailun S637T tire available in the USA is made like no other trailer tire, thus it has some unique capabilities. Even though an extremely knowledgeable Sailun representative has advised to match the pressure to the load in order to prevent scrubbing and cupping over long term usage, it still gives me an uneasy feeling.

I am listing to the port side with favor toward Sailun tires as a replacement to the EOM WestLakes even though I have had many years of great service from Maxxis M8008's.

I hate to ask the question just because the debate over tires can go and go and go longer than the Energizer Bunny ! Thanks in advance for info.
    I have weighed my Solitude side to side. On the kitchen slide side, according to the weight scale, I run at 110. On the passenger side I run at 100psi. I'm running the factory rims. We currently, in 4 years, have put on just over 19,500mi on them and over the next 6 months we will be putting on another 7,000+ miles. They are not even half way worn down yet, and look like new. We will be replacing them late next year, the 5 year rule of thumb, but it's going to kill me getting rid of tires that look this good.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Fireside Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jumping in on the Sailun Tire pressure discussion and I am confused as well. I don't know what pressure to put in the tires. I've been running 100 cold in all 4 tires and no visible uneven tread wear. Some of the roads I travel are extremely rough (around LA) and I don't want to jar anything loose in the trailer due to a rough ride. Some research I read indicates the tire pressure should match the weight the trailer places on the tire. I had my trailer weighed at a Grand Design rally and here are the weights: Driver Front = 3,050, Driver Rear = 2,500; Passenger Front = 2,650 Passenger Rear = 2,600. Looking at the Sailun chart for my tires: ST 235 80 R 16, the Driver Front should be inflated to 85 psi, driver rear to 70*, Passenger Front and Rear to 70*. I also read that both tires on one axle should be the same so my fronts would be 85 psi and the rears at 70 psi). Those seem really low to me. My Trailer is a Solitude 310 GK and the weight of the trailer at the rally was 13,900. I welcome any advice!
    * (The lowest the chart goes is 2,750 pounds at 70 psi).
    2017 Solitude 310GK; 2016 GMC Denali 1 ton; Andersen Ultimate Hitch

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Usually I see a lot of "I don't want Chinese tires on my trailer" on RV sites. What makes Sailun different from the rest?
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Fireside Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I purchased my Sailun tires, about 18 months ago, I searched the forum for recommendations on tire brands. Opinions on tires are kinda like Ford vs Chevy...some people love em and some hate um. The Westlake brand, which came on my Solitude had some pretty poor reviews. Nevertheless, the Sailun tires had very good reviews and I bought them. I've had no issues whatsoever with the Sailun tires. For that matter, I had no issues with the Westlake tires either....but I wanted a G rated tire instead of an E rated tire....the Westlakes were E rated.
    2017 Solitude 310GK; 2016 GMC Denali 1 ton; Andersen Ultimate Hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
    Usually I see a lot of "I don't want Chinese tires on my trailer" on RV sites. What makes Sailun different from the rest?
    Not as many blowout threads on the internet.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456