Views:	37 
Size:	94.8 KB 
ID:	14069
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180420_181045.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	96.3 KB 
ID:	14070

Here are a few up close pictures of my truck and hitch config. I'm nose high on my camper when towing. I could maybe drop the ball to the middle position but I like being able to fully open the toolboxes. I may adjust for my next trip.
    2018 Reflection 28BH
    Andersen Ultimate Hitch ISR Version
    Predator 3500W Inverter Generator
    2017 Ram 3500 Mega cab SRW w/6.4L Hemi, Ramboxes, Active Air Rear Suspension
    2017 Aluma 8214HS
    2015 Lund Crossover 1775 XS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys for the input.
    Yes I also think the legs are overly extended. I don’t have any more blocks with me at this time. No doubt, next time- more! The rig is certainly rocking too much with legs flexing...

That said would higher blocking assist with leveling issue?

The ball on the Anderson hitch is up high however next pin hole down caused an issue with clearances.
    And separate note... it pulls just fine and really like the Anderson configuration. Very easy to install and remove.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Notice from Jason’s picture and mine we both have our coupler in the “reverse” position.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Three Gs View Post
    Thanks guys for the input.
    Yes I also think the legs are overly extended. I don’t have any more blocks with me at this time. No doubt, next time- more! The rig is certainly rocking too much with legs flexing...

That said would higher blocking assist with leveling issue?

The ball on the Anderson hitch is up high however next pin hole down caused an issue with clearances.
    And separate note... it pulls just fine and really like the Anderson configuration. Very easy to install and remove.
    You do not need more blocking. Your middle tube needs to be extended so when leveled, there is a relative balance between the bottom two tube sections. Read the numbers 3-7 of the section mentioned in your Owners Manual which explains how to do and you will be GTG.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just got back from a trip to a campground that had very tight sites and I had to jackknife the truck and trailer to get into the site. I'm sure I was at a 90 degree turn and all I could think about was the front cap smashing into the cab. My wife said there was still 5-6 inches of clearance between the camper and cab. The reason I mention this is because it works while having the coupler reversed. Reversing the coupler obviously moves the front cap of the camper closer to the cab but gives you better tailgate and siderail clearance. I needed that siderail clearance because my truck bed is only 51" wide due to Ramboxes.
    2018 Reflection 28BH
    Andersen Ultimate Hitch ISR Version
    Predator 3500W Inverter Generator
    2017 Ram 3500 Mega cab SRW w/6.4L Hemi, Ramboxes, Active Air Rear Suspension
    2017 Aluma 8214HS
    2015 Lund Crossover 1775 XS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dan, thanks for the manual reference. I do not have the auto leveling or ground control set up. Just electric motor that controls the 2 front landing legs. And, i cannot find in my manual stating the pin hole allowance! I see it in the reference you made. Regardless I know it’s too high, that makes sense.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now I see the page concerning pin allowance however since it was referencing the lcd screen which I don’t have... I skipped over it....

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Page 77 in my manual dated 6/2017
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	92.8 KB 
ID:	14071

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonl78 View Post
    I just got back from a trip to a campground that had very tight sites and I had to jackknife the truck and trailer to get into the site. I'm sure I was at a 90 degree turn and all I could think about was the front cap smashing into the cab. My wife said there was still 5-6 inches of clearance between the camper and cab. The reason I mention this is because it works while having the coupler reversed. Reversing the coupler obviously moves the front cap of the camper closer to the cab but gives you better tailgate and siderail clearance. I needed that siderail clearance because my truck bed is only 51" wide due to Ramboxes.
    Thanks Jason,
    Thanks, Understand your set up. Since the issue I’m experiencing is a vertical problem not sure reversing coupler would help?

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rob (Three Gs) - The powered section of your landing gear has something like 18" of travel. It takes a while with the drop section only 6 holes out . . . but, it will get there .

Not really part of this discussion, but I use different drop heights all the time, usually between 5 and 10 holes showing. This is to spread the wear on the drive track to more than the same few teeth under load on a level surface, all the time.

(another) Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast