User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    DennisK

Where are the batteries located?

I have ordered my 369RL but am curious as to where the battery box is located. Does it have space for two batteries? I just installed two new Interstate batteries in my Jayco Pinnacle last summer and may take one out to put in the Solitude if there is room. Also, I assume there is a battery disconnect switch there?

Thanks in advance...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Batteries are in the very front storage compartment to the far left. It comes with one battey box and vent line. Because we dry camp often I had the dealer install 2 batteries, and thier boxes---and still TONS of storage space--check out some of the post that other members had added shelving!! some great ideas here

Gary
    Gary and Jo
    Corona Ca
    2014 Solitude 305RE (Odyssey)
    2014 Ford F350 Lariat DRW 4x4 - 6.7 Diesel (Apollo)

DennisK
    Quote Originally Posted by G&Jcamping View Post
    My Batteries are in the very front storage compartment to the far left. It comes with one battey box and vent line. Because we dry camp often I had the dealer install 2 batteries, and thier boxes---and still TONS of storage space--check out some of the post that other members had added shelving!! some great ideas here

Gary
    Thanks! I am still getting used to this forum but have not ran across any of the shelving ideas. I will continue looking. I am looking forward to the additional storage as my Jayco had a generator that I never used.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DennisK, G&J is correct. Batts are in forward storage bay. Plenty of room. Batt master switch is in main storage bay mounted to the forward bulkhead. There were two things I insisted on having when we got our 369. Dual batts and Vent covers. Even though the kitchen vent has the rain sensor, it's nice to be able to keep it open when it's raining to keep things well vented and dry without having to worry about water getting in. Same with the bathroom vent. Living in Washington state makes it a must. Thank you for your service and congrats on your new Solitude.

Andy
    Andy & Julie
    Gig Harbor, Wa
    2014 Solitude 369RL S/N 104
    2012 F350 SWR 4x4 CC 6.7 Diesel

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi DennisK. The pics of shelving are in a blog I started in the General Discussion section of Solitudes. It is labeled "Customizing the Cargo Area".
    I am far from an expert regarding the electrical system, but I have been told that you should not mix a used battery with a new battery. I assume the same goes with matching two used batteries. Something about the stronger battery cells being degraded to the same level as the poorer performing battery. I have a Solitude that is 2 months old and wanted to add a second battery. Been told by several techies I should install two new batteries and not use the existing battery. Makes me go.....hhhhmmmm. Sure wish I had included the 2nd battery in my initial negotiations!

DennisK
    Thanks for the advice about the batteries. I have never heard that before but then again, we learn things everyday! May save me some trouble down the road. I will go look at your blog.