User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 5 Happy Campers View Post
    It is interesting that you share this. I had my trailer parked next to my house yesterday while doing some work on it and needed to check out the new thermostat cover that was just installed as part of some warranty repairs. I plugged in the trailer to a 20 Amp outlet from my house and I was actually surprised that not only did the AC unit start easily, but it ran and cooled the trailer down pretty well.
    This makes perfect sense. Regardless of the Amps at the campground pedestal or at the main CBs in the RV circuit breaker panel, the AC units are still hooked up to a 20 amp CB in the RV. If they can run on a 20 amp CB in the RV, then they can certainly run on a 20 amp CB at a residence.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I took the plunge this weekend and installed Microair Easy Starts on the two Coleman Mach 15's on my Reflection 285BHTS. I am fairly handy but am generally intimidated by electrical projects. That said, I reviewed Microair's installation guide and watched their install video and felt comfortable tackling the project. All went well, took my time, and bought/used an evaporator fin tool/brush on the condenser and evaporator cooling fins while I had the covers off. It was really straight forward.

I completed the learning process 1 A/C at a time on my 30 amp plug by the house and both work great! I have since run the A/C's (one at a time) on my Predator 3500 and it is a much easier start. Next time I use the generator I will pay attention to the specific AMP/Watt draw, but it was not a good weather day so I was a bit rushed. I got $30 off each Easy Start, double the warranty due to a spring special and I picked up a neutral bonding plug for my generator at the same time. No complaints and based on install and initial usage I recommend the product. A few install photos, understanding I may cause some concerns having used electrical tape vice a heat shrink, but I did my best to keep it neat (or at least shade tree neat).

Here are some install photos; I included the A/C specs because I was shocked the LRA is 59.3 Amps (maybe that is typical, but it explains how/why these A/C's push generators!)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AC.Specs.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	52.2 KB 
ID:	27088

Name:	EasyStart.Mount.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	97.5 KB 
ID:	27089

Name:	EasyStart.Connect.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	94.2 KB 
ID:	27090

Name:	EasyStart.Connect2.jpg 
Size:	90.7 KB 
ID:	27091

Name:	EasyStart.Connect3.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	88.1 KB 
ID:	27092

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lawdog1 View Post
    I took the plunge this weekend and installed Microair Easy Starts on the two Coleman Mach 15's on my Reflection 285BHTS. I am fairly handy but am generally intimidated by electrical projects. That said, I reviewed Microair's installation guide and watched their install video and felt comfortable tackling the project. All went well, took my time, and bought/used an evaporator fin tool/brush on the condenser and evaporator cooling fins while I had the covers off. It was really straight forward.

I completed the learning process 1 A/C at a time on my 30 amp plug by the house and both work great! I have since run the A/C's (one at a time) on my Predator 3500 and it is a much easier start. Next time I use the generator I will pay attention to the specific AMP/Watt draw, but it was not a good weather day so I was a bit rushed. I got $30 off each Easy Start, double the warranty due to a spring special and I picked up a neutral bonding plug for my generator at the same time. No complaints and based on install and initial usage I recommend the product. A few install photos, understanding I may cause some concerns having used electrical tape vice a heat shrink, but I did my best to keep it neat (or at least shade tree neat).

Here are some install photos; I included the A/C specs because I was shocked the LRA is 59.3 Amps (maybe that is typical, but it explains how/why these A/C's push generators!)

Name:	AC.Specs.jpg 
Size:	52.2 KB 
ID:	27088

Name:	EasyStart.Mount.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	97.5 KB 
ID:	27089

Name:	EasyStart.Connect.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	94.2 KB 
ID:	27090

Name:	EasyStart.Connect2.jpg 
Size:	90.7 KB 
ID:	27091

Name:	EasyStart.Connect3.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	88.1 KB 
ID:	27092
    I did the same thing the other day on the exact same ac unit. Ridiculously easy install. The 29 pages of instructions make it seem like its difficult but it’s really only pages 6,7 and 8 (I think) that have you deal with the three connections. Stupid easy!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2020 Reflection 31MB
    2016 Ram 2500 Cummins

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123