User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am picking up my 2019 297rsts next week and had asked for slide toppers for both slides when i ordered it, but now i am being told that they can't put one on the door side due to the clearance with the main awning. Any thoughts on this for a solution?

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome Kansas kamper. We have the 29RS 5er which is the same as the 297 we had our dealer install the slide toppers. They had to use one that is a little shorter than standard but it does work.
    I would have your dealer check into this or contact GD for there recommendations.

Brian

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 315RLTSinPA View Post
    Did you install them yourself or did you have the dealer install?

Echoing @Kim's request, do you know the brand and/or model info for the slides?
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howson View Post
    Did you install them yourself or did you have the dealer install?

Echoing @Kim's request, do you know the brand and/or model info for the slides?
    They are Dometic awnings and they were included in the deal.
    2018 Reflection 315RLTS
    2023 F350 Lariat 6.7L/CC/LB/FX4

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kansas kamper View Post
    I am picking up my 2019 297rsts next week and had asked for slide toppers for both slides when i ordered it, but now i am being told that they can't put one on the door side due to the clearance with the main awning. Any thoughts on this for a solution?
    The awning on the 297 goes overtop of the door side slide.

When extended, it lays on the slide fascia.

The slide topper has no clearance due to the main awning being over the top of the slide.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Country Campers View Post
    Welcome Kansas kamper. We have the 29RS 5er which is the same as the 297 we had our dealer install the slide toppers. They had to use one that is a little shorter than standard but it does work.
    I would have your dealer check into this or contact GD for there recommendations.

Brian
    Your main awning does not go over the top of your door side slide like the 297 does.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steve
    Sorry I missed that, you are right(should be right you are the dealer haha).

Brian

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am picking up my new 2019 297RSTS next week, Dealer just called me and said they cannot add the front Slide topper due to clearance issues. Says the awning will actually lay on the slide topper tube and will cause early failure of the awning fabric. I am looking for a Slide topper solution too.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gtroendly View Post
    I am picking up my new 2019 297RSTS next week, Dealer just called me and said they cannot add the front Slide topper due to clearance issues. Says the awning will actually lay on the slide topper tube and will cause early failure of the awning fabric. I am looking for a Slide topper solution too.
    I also have a 297RSTS and based on how the awning comes out there is no clearance as the awing pretty much rests on the slide out flange. Worries me about wearing through the awning material but that is for a different thread. Since we can't put a slide topper on this slide I am thinking about keeping the awning out just enough all the time to cover the slide so I don't have to clean the top off.

Anyone have an concerns about keeping an awning out 1 - 2' all the time when camping?

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calbar View Post
    Anyone have an concerns about keeping an awning out 1 - 2' all the time when camping?
    My awnings are always retracted when I'll be away from the camper. They don't hold up well when there are wind gusts.

On a recent trip to Georgia the neighbor had a brand new 5vr (gorgeous). After he parked, the awnings came out and then he departed. I never saw him over the next two days and of course we had nothing but storm after storm. Those awnings took a beating. Nothing permanent that I could see, but a lot of unnecessary wear and tear. Of course, once you retract the awning on your 297 (without pulling in the slide) you defeat the purpose for having the awning extended in the first place. All of the debris on the awning will dump on top of your slide when you retract it.
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast