User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howson View Post
    My awnings are always retracted when I'll be away from the camper. They don't hold up well when there are wind gusts.

On a recent trip to Georgia the neighbor had a brand new 5vr (gorgeous). After he parked, the awnings came out and then he departed. I never saw him over the next two days and of course we had nothing but storm after storm. Those awnings took a beating. Nothing permanent that I could see, but a lot of unnecessary wear and tear. Of course, once you retract the awning on your 297 (without pulling in the slide) you defeat the purpose for having the awning extended in the first place. All of the debris on the awning will dump on top of your slide when you retract it.
    I have seen a lot of that too. More than once Barb, the kids and I have gone for a walk after a storm and seen damaged awnings. I have nearly always done this too and pulled in the awning when away but was thinking that a foot or two just to cover the slideout would not catch enough wind to be a problem. Sure don't want to come back after a day out to find my center tube with a big bend in it and arms pulled out of the trailer though.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calbar View Post
    I have seen a lot of that too. More than once Barb, the kids and I have gone for a walk after a storm and seen damaged awnings. I have nearly always done this too and pulled in the awning when away but was thinking that a foot or two just to cover the slideout would not catch enough wind to be a problem. Sure don't want to come back after a day out to find my center tube with a big bend in it and arms pulled out of the trailer though.

Rob
    Given how little the awning projects past the slide on a 297RSTS it might have been better if GD had put a slide topper on the trailer vs that awning. Or put the awning on the slide (like on my 315) versus on the trailer's wall. One of the few odd choices on an otherwise outstanding trailer IMO.
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howson View Post
    Given how little the awning projects past the slide on a 297RSTS it might have been better if GD had put a slide topper on the trailer vs that awning. Or put the awning on the slide (like on my 315) versus on the trailer's wall. One of the few odd choices on an otherwise outstanding trailer IMO.
    Yes I totally agree with this as well. First trip out I was thinking this. The LED lights over the slide out really don't do anything to light up under the awning either. This is one of the few things I don't like. The only other couple (kitchen and bathroom sinks) I changed out. Won't be doing the awning though. Might think about a light (LED strip) though on the kitchen slide out.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 315RLTSinPA View Post
    We have a 315RLTS and we have a topper on that slide.
    @315RLTSinPA Where did you get your slide toppers?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had them included when we ordered the trailer. The dealer did the install before we took delivery.
    2018 Reflection 315RLTS
    2023 F350 Lariat 6.7L/CC/LB/FX4

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123