User Tag List

View Poll Results: What water pressure do you permit?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • 40+

10 18.52%
  • 45+

20 37.04%
  • 50+

8 14.81%
  • 55+

14 25.93%
  • 60+

0 0%
  • Don't regulate / give 'er hell

2 3.70%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But how to adjust based on the knowledge you have gained???

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scousers View Post
    But how to adjust based on the knowledge you have gained???
    If you are not happy with the water pressure either from the campground connection or the onboard pump . . . and describe what your pressure gauge shows when you have the problem . . . someone on this forum will be able to tell you what you need to do to fix the problem.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    We use the nice brass one set to 40 psi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you aren't happy with the pressure, we were not, you can bypass the nautilus pretty easily and it will go up considerably. When we first picked up the Momentum and brought it out we were a little disappointed with the water pressure. The gauge showed 60psi but the pressure was more like 45 or so, based on "feels" data. I didn't think much of it but it nagged me.

Fast forward and we had issues with the soft hose bursting and I swapped out all the lines for Pex. In the process I also bypassed the nautilus because it was easier than trying to run all those little connections again and buying all those extra fittings. Never really liked the panel from the get go anyway with its plastic connections and over complicated valves.

Went back inside and turned on the shower, holy crap, what a diffrence. All from bypassing that stupid panel.
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I set our pressure between 55 - 60 psi. I actually have two different regulators - one is a Renator I got from Amazon for around $50 and the other is a Watts type from rvfilterstore for double the amount. I was having horrible undulating pressure problems and I thought it was the cheaper regulator So I bought the Watts unit. That one flows 4.5-5 gpm, well above the approx 1.5 gpm flow of our shower head. Guess what? The problem persisted.

It wasn't until I removed the Oxygenics Fury showerhead and reinstalled the oem showerhead that the undulating pressure went away. So it wasn't the regulator as much as it was the showerhead.

That being stated, the pressure out of the faucet and showerhead in the bathroom is pitiful. Interesting the pressure out of the kitchen faucet is much better. I can only attribute that to the length of pex/hose run to the kitchen vs the shower.

On my wish list is to find the time (and the ability) to change out all the soft hose and replace it with proper PEX and Pex Fittings. I'm hoping that helps somewhat with the anemic shower pressure. It will also put my mind at ease about a potential water leak at the soft hose/fitting interface.
    2017 Ford F450 - our kids call her "Big Red"
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rob

Great idea, but, I have the newer style panel and it would take a miracle to figure out where to attach that thing.
    I think I will get the adjustable in line one maybe , not sure though. Some times I have trouble making decisions sometimes.

Brian

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Country Campers View Post
    Rob

Great idea, but, I have the newer style panel and it would take a miracle to figure out where to attach that thing.
    I think I will get the adjustable in line one maybe , not sure though. Some times I have trouble making decisions sometimes.

Brian
    Hi Brian - You can T the pressure gauge into any cold water line. The output from the pump would be a good choice, or the cold water line to the outside shower would work too. A Pex T would be ideal, but a Sharkbite T would work well too. Then, any assortment of fittings from Home Depot or similar to get from the T to the gauge. I usually step down to 1/4” tube and run to the gauge with that.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    Went back inside and turned on the shower, holy crap, what a diffrence. All from bypassing that stupid panel.
    Any theories about why the Nautilus panel so degraded the inside water pressure? Everything behind it is 1/2" pex or soft hose except for some 90-degree fittings here and there. Is it those, or the Nautilus valves themselves, or something else?
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Gone Traveling
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    40 has always worked for us. Gives us adequate pressure (for showers, W/D, toilet, etc),doesn't fill the grays as quickly and little risk of bursting PEX connections. My thought is why use more that you need (unless you like to gamble on a burst connection)?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The owners manual states that, "the water pump runs until 45 pounds of pressure has been achieved". Based on that, I set my regulator to 45. I have read others state their pumps cut off at 55, but, since 45 is adequate for our needs, I leave it set there.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast