User Tag List

View Poll Results: What water pressure do you permit?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • 40+

10 18.52%
  • 45+

20 37.04%
  • 50+

8 14.81%
  • 55+

14 25.93%
  • 60+

0 0%
  • Don't regulate / give 'er hell

2 3.70%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What water pressure do you permit into your trailer?

A mysterious water leak a while ago had me looking to see if my well-regulated 45psi intake was too much for the trailer. I found people online asserting that they ran much-higher pressures without issues.

The work @Rob&Cate has done on his trailer looks like it could survive industrial high pressure. But for the rest of us what pressure works for you?
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The range I set our regulator to wasn't on your survey, so I chose the lowest you offered. We have an adjustable pressure regulator. I started out at 40 PSI as suggested by several full-time friends of ours. Since it is a high-flow (non-restrictive) pressure regulator, it still allowed more volume to flow than did our previous fixed-pressure (but restrictive) regulator. We've settled in at about 35 PSI. This setting suffices for all of our needs and keeps the gray tanks from filling up too quickly. At 35 PSI, I'm also not too worried about the stock plumbing system, either.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have an adjustable pressure regulator:
    https://www.rvwaterfilterstore.com/F4004.htm

...and set it to 55psi. Eleven months of use over three winters with no issues.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    The range I set our regulator to wasn't on your survey, so I chose the lowest you offered. We have an adjustable pressure regulator. I started out at 40 PSI as suggested by several full-time friends of ours. Since it is a high-flow (non-restrictive) pressure regulator, it still allowed more volume to flow than did our previous fixed-pressure (but restrictive) regulator. We've settled in at about 35 PSI. This setting suffices for all of our needs and keeps the gray tanks from filling up too quickly. At 35 PSI, I'm also not too worried about the stock plumbing system, either.

Rob
    Thanks Rob.

What regulator do you use? I have this one and wonder if it's "restrictive":

https://www.amazon.com/Valterra-A01-...sure+regulator
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    Thanks Rob.

What regulator do you use? I have this one and wonder if it's "restrictive":

https://www.amazon.com/Valterra-A01-...sure+regulator
    Mine has a different brand name on it, Mark, but it's the same regulator (a bunch of them are made in the same factory and sold under different brand names). The seller is in the process of sending me a new one because most of the oil "disappeared" from the inside of the gauge housing. They are supposed to be high flow, non-restrictive.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have suggested on a few different threads that a water pressure gauge connected to the RV plumbing system can tell you a lot of things. In addition to diagnosing pump problems, there is an interesting pressure build that can be observed.

I run a 50 psi pressure regulator at the campground water connection. The shut off pressure for the onboard pump is also 50 psi.

If the water heater is filled with cold water (such as after a shower) and all the faucets remain closed, heating the water will raise the system pressure to over 70 psi. Because the water system is closed and has relatively small volume, it does not take much expansion of the 6 gallons in the water heater to create this pressure rise in the piping. Actually, the more soft hose you have in your plumbing system, the less pressure rise you will see because the hose will expand (but . . . this is still not a good thing )

After I installed an accumulator tank into my plumbing system this pressure rise is far less because it is absorbed by the air volume in the accumulator, but it can still be seen on the pressure gauge.

So . . . there is a lot more going on with the pressure in your water system beyond the regulator on the inlet hose.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just under 60 psi
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use the inline pressure regulator sold at many stores, have used for as long as I have camped. Noticed over the weekend that using the pump in the trailer it has more pressure than my regulator.

Not sure what to make of that.

Brian

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use the Camco 40-50 psi regulator as well, never been sure how good it was. I also noticed much better flow with the onboard water pump.

Typical of this forum I have now done a one click on the nice one that has a gauge and is adjustable. Not sure I can afford to keep watching this site. Good news is that I am only home for one more week then off to the Dixie Forest...no cell or internet!!!

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Country Campers View Post
    I use the inline pressure regulator sold at many stores, have used for as long as I have camped. Noticed over the weekend that using the pump in the trailer it has more pressure than my regulator.

Not sure what to make of that.

Brian
    Come on guys . . . buy a $6 pressure gauge and $4 worth of fittings . . . and all your water pressure questions will be answered .

Rob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Water Pressure Gauge.jpg   IMG_2709.jpg  
    Last edited by Cate&Rob; 08-06-2018 at 03:48 PM.
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast