User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Threw out the crappy Thomas Payne Collection furniture!

We finally had enough with the horrible furniture that was in our trailer. The "pleather" was peeling like skin from a sunburn. We tossed the theater seating and the scissors sofa and replaced them with RecPro. I'll post some pictures tomorrow, but in the meantime here's a link to their furniture.

RecPro Furniture

They sent us a fabric swatch so we were able to see the various colors and material and were quite impressed with it. I took one of the swatches that we knew we wouldn't use and gave it to our 15 month old puppy to play with. He did his best to tear it up - and he did, punctured it with is teeth - but the poly-vinyl never separated from the backing.

We ordered the power seats (lighted, each one having it's own USB charging port built in) with the 58" wall-hugging double recliner loveseat, and they were a perfect replacement fit. The new 70" jack knife sleeper sofa that we put it was likewise a perfect fit. The other thing we did was got rid of the 4 dinette chairs and replaced them with two 40" booth seats. These booth seats allow for additional storage, and since I work from home (the dinette table is my office) I spend a lot of time sitting there. The dinette chairs killed my back. These booth seats are extremely comfortable. In fact, all the seating is EXCEPTIONALLY comfortable. We kept the original dinette table as it's a really good table with great storage features.

We went with the lighter color ("toffee"), and it made such a huge difference, it's like having a new RV. Total price for powered theater double love seats, dual 40" dinette booths, and 70" jack knife sleeper sofa was $2,200 including shipping. The furniture arrived on a palette, and was very easy to assemble. Total assembly time was less than 1 hour. The most difficult one to assemble was the jack knife sofa. That really required 2 people, but once assembled it's good to go.

Wife and I are both quite happy with this stuff. I'm sure over time it'll wear out - especially with the 2 dogs - but for now it's really given us a nice kick in the HAPPY engine!
    2016 Grand Design Reflection 313RLTS
    2020 Riverstone 39FK
    2016 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7L Powerstroke Lariat 2WD DRW

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    jim1521 - Great information . . . thanks for the details!

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That looks like really nice furniture. They sure have a good selection. But I get worried with "faux leather". Hopefully, it will last longer than the Lippert brand. I wish somebody had similar furniture with a quality cloth covering.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That stuff looks really well made. My concern is that it's still pleather. Being that our hvac units just aren't that strong, I hate the "stick to the couch" feeling. So when our furniture delaminates, I'm going to look into some sort of replacement with fabric or microfiber. I like microfiber. You don't get hot and sticky in the summer and in the winter you don't get as cold.
    2017 Ford F450 - our kids call her "Big Red"
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How long did the Thomas Payne stuff last? Just wondering what we can expect as we are not full-time, or anything close.
    2019 F350 6.7L PS SRW CCSB Platinum
    2021 28BH with theater seating and 2nd AC
    2019 Imagine 2400BH w/solar (sold)
    https://rolling.howardweb.info/

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, my trailer is a 2016 model (that was actually built in 2015). We bought it used in 2017 (1 year old, PO used it 3x). I understand there may have been some problems in the furniture quality from Lippert during the 2014 - 2016 time frame - which is where mine fit in.

When we buy our new fifth wheel, it will most likely come with the same Lippert furniture. We looked to see if we could order it without the furniture, but we'd get zero discount for doing so, so we'll keep the furniture that comes with it, and use it until we're no longer happy with it.

Sorry that I can't answer your question as you have a new 2019 trailer. I will say this: take exceptional care of the furniture; it's certainly not built like residential furniture.
    2016 Grand Design Reflection 313RLTS
    2020 Riverstone 39FK
    2016 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7L Powerstroke Lariat 2WD DRW

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see that this supplier is in Bristol, Indiana . . . just down the road from the upcoming Rally. I wonder if they have a showroom or perhaps we could get together a group to go visit them? Anybody else interested?

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    I see that this supplier is in Bristol, Indiana . . . just down the road from the upcoming Rally. I wonder if they have a showroom or perhaps we could get together a group to go visit them? Anybody else interested?

Rob
    Hi Rob,

Pam and I would be interested in going to the showroom. She's been wanting Euro chairs for a while now.
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jh.xsnrg View Post
    How long did the Thomas Payne stuff last? Just wondering what we can expect as we are not full-time, or anything close.
    Hi JH,

Pam and I are full timers and have been in our 2015 Momentum for 3 1/2 years. We also have dogs who get on the furniture. We haven't had any problems with ours.

Red
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by el Rojo View Post
    Hi Rob,

Pam and I would be interested in going to the showroom. She's been wanting Euro chairs for a while now.
    Hi Red - I just sent you an email about maybe inviting these guys to have a booth at the Rally? Might be too late . . . or might be a conflict with the GDRV supplier base . . . but the Rally will be a gathering of many who will be interested in new furniture . . .

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast