User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sewer Hose Storage Tube (One end not secured)

As most of you know, the stock sewer hose storage tube is not long enough to hold two lengths of sewer hose. I found the tube is the perfect length for the SLD-S5 ladder I purchased, so I want to repurpose the tube as the ladder's home.

The issue is the ladder weighs 5 lbs and the end of the storage tube is only secured with one screw (see pics below). I peaked under the coroplast and there's nothing there--empty space above where the clamp screw hole is on the tube.

Any suggestions on how to fix this? I'm considering a small length of stainless steel running under the tube clamp, reinstalling the one good screw (that is going into a crossbeam) and then securing the other end into the new piece of stainless. The new steel will be outside of the coroplast and under the tube clamp.

Appreciate your thoughts/suggestions.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty much exactly what I did,except under the coroplast. I use a piece of stainless about 2 inches wide so I could attach it to the crossmember with 2 screws.
    It seems having that tube hanging by one plastic ear could be trouble.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Replaced & Repurposed Short Sewer Tube

Do not miss post #5 in this thread as it contains an important update to this content. -howson

I replaced the original sewer tube with a Valterra Adjustable EZ Hose Carrier. On the utility side it screwed right into the original holes. On the entry side of the camper I was lucky. One of the coroplast screws was close enough to work and a quick trip to Ace Hardware yielded the self-tapping sheet metal screw needed to finish the installation. (The carrier comes with wood screws.) All 20' of the CAMCO Rhino sewer hose (two 10' sections) now fit in the tube. I didn't bother with the center support that came with the kit. There's not enough weight to worry about.

For the ladder I moved the original sewer hose back under the hitch. For now I've secured it with exterior-quality zip ties. (A lot of them.) It's rock-solid, and the ladder is exactly where I want it. The zip ties will get replaced with a U bolt configuration at some point so the change is permanent.

I'm not worried about the tube impacting the ground. If the back end of the trailer is that close to striking the ground I'm in the wrong spot...

I still don't know where I am going to store all the sewer bits & pieces (outside), but I'm making progress!
    Last edited by WhittleBurner; 10-17-2019 at 06:33 AM.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Howard

Another great job with great pics. Wish I was that good at that stuff.

Your question on storing you hose bits could be answered by a under chassis storage boxes. They slide in a track from each side of camper. I searched for my link but could not find it.
    In the mods I think somebody has posted using them. They do no lock but maybe good for what you want.

Brian

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howson View Post
    I'm not worried about the tube impacting the ground. If the back end of the trailer is that close to striking the ground I'm in the wrong spot...

WRONG! For a trailer as long as my 315RLTS any item attached under the rear bumper (like I did in the picture above) will eventually result in that item impacting the ground. Please do not copy what I did as shown in the picture. If you've already done it move your item now before it is too late.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Howson
    I added a 2nd tube in basically the same place as the original. The difference is, I made bracket to mount the tubes on.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20170920_173124.jpg  
    2018 Reflection 315RLTS
    2023 F350 Lariat 6.7L/CC/LB/FX4