User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    One of those hobbies that we loved but has been replaced over the years. We went from off roading to motorcycling to auto racing to classic cars. RVing was a constant throughout those years though.

This was my 1988 Jeep before I added a full ORW suspension and just a few engine mods

Paul "Poppy" and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD ; 2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison CC 4x4; Tire Minder TPMS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	06D68191-C517-4D15-80AF-974673BED21E.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	1.43 MB 
ID:	14400I have a 78' keep CJ7 and would go to northern Minnesota and go exploring on the state forest fire roads. We used to have a 30' class A and would tow the Jeep with us everywhere, really miss that part of the class A.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixandrepair View Post
    I have a 78' keep CJ7 and would go to northern Minnesota and go exploring on the state forest fire roads. We used to have a 30' class A and would tow the Jeep with us everywhere, really miss that part of the class A.
    A couple of folks in our Jeep club have the old CJ's. Man, those things are mountain goats for sure. The modern JK's and now the JL's are very capable, with added features that make daily driving more comfortable, but there's nothing like the CJ's...

John
    2018 Silverado LTZ 3500HD CC LB 4X4 DRW Duramax/Allison
    2019 Momentum 381M w/Full Body Paint
    2016 Can Am Spyder F3 Limited Special Series
    2017 Can Am Outlander 1000 XT-P
    2016 Wrangler Hard Rock Unlimited
    1997 Bayliner Capri 1950 affectionately named Skinnydipper
    MSgt, USAF (Ret)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have three Polaris Side by Sides.
    The General stays at my place in Colorado and is used to ride the trails there. The XP Turbo stays here in Texas and is used for rock crawling and riding trails around here.
    The Ranger is used on the farm.
    Great fun but an expensive hobby if you tear up stuff on the rocks like I do. This last "incident" is costing me a $1000 to repair it and I am doing all of the labor. LOL
    Donald AKA johndeerefarmer
    2020 Ford F350 Powerstroke diesel
    2017 F150 ecoboost max tow
    2016 Reflection 29RS VIN# 573FR322XG3305717

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post
    I love off-roading, but I'm more of a Toyota guy. But hey, as long as it's 4 wheel drive, who cares?
    Our tow vehicle is a 4x4 but it's so long and the turning radius sucks, I'd never take it off-roading.
    I love riding ATV's and dirt bikes. But I'm guessing most people like that stuff.
    I always say, "Its not the make of the 4x4 but who builds it". Haven't done any 4x4ing in quiet a few years, but i have had my picture Four Wheeler Magazine. 77' Land Cruiser FJ40, 350 Chevy, SM420, 50lb. fly wheel, spring over, PS, 35's and ARB's front and rear.

Been on Rubicon more times that I can remember, Sierra Trek, Panament (winch up 7 waterfalls, going back down was the pucker part), 1000's of miles in Nevada, lots of places in Utah, Ouray, Telluride and many others..... And yes, have also been to Gold Point

Anyway I digress, 4 wheeling used to be my thing and you guys brought back a lots of memories

Pat
    Pat&Marlene Gyrogearloose - 2010 Itasca Meridian 34y - 6.7 w/Allison 6spd - Jeep Wrangler Rubicon - previous Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Totally understand the "who builds it" part. My first Wrangler was a work in process, until a young Millennial believed red lights didn't apply to her. We decided to stay a little closer to stock with my current Wrangler Rubicon Hard Rock. We went with an AEV 2 1/2" Dual Sport lift (actually yielded closer to 3"), AEV Tire carrier with 10 gallon fuel caddy, 34X11.5 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, a Smittybuilt X20 winch, and a TerreFlex Nebo roof rack. In its current configuration it does everything I need it to do, so we'll probably stop here. Death Valley is one of our favorite places to explore. So much to see off the beaten track. The Rubicon is on our Bucket list...

John
    MSgt, USAF (Ret)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LV Naturist View Post
    Totally understand the "who builds it" part. My first Wrangler was a work in process, until a young Millennial believed red lights didn't apply to her. We decided to stay a little closer to stock with my current Wrangler Rubicon Hard Rock. We went with an AEV 2 1/2" Dual Sport lift (actually yielded closer to 3"), AEV Tire carrier with 10 gallon fuel caddy, 34X11.5 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, a Smittybuilt X20 winch, and a TerreFlex Nebo roof rack. In its current configuration it does everything I need it to do, so we'll probably stop here. Death Valley is one of our favorite places to explore. So much to see off the beaten track. The Rubicon is on our Bucket list...

John
    Hi John,

Sounds like you have a nice rig. The Rubicon's have Data 44's correct? Are you going to be at the Vegas Rally next year? Maybe wells get some time to chat.

Pat
    Pat&Marlene Gyrogearloose - 2010 Itasca Meridian 34y - 6.7 w/Allison 6spd - Jeep Wrangler Rubicon - previous Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by patwardell View Post
    Hi John,

Sounds like you have a nice rig. The Rubicon's have Data 44's correct? Are you going to be at the Vegas Rally next year? Maybe wells get some time to chat.

Pat
    Pat, yes the Rubi's have the Dana 44's and 4.10 gears with electric lockers. The transfer case is also 4 to 1 ratio. The Jeep will surprise you on the obstacles it'll climb. We will be at the rally and look forward to chatting.

John
    MSgt, USAF (Ret)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't owned a Jeep but I used to go four wheeling in this 1983 Toyota. Nothing serious but it sure was fun.

Cheers,
    Kevin

Name:	20180827_062521.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	89.9 KB 
ID:	14968
    2015 Ram Laramie 3500 4x4 LB Dually Crew Cab
    6.7L I6 Cummins Turbo Diesel Engine 5th wheel Prep
    68RFE Transmission Auto Level Rear Air Suspension 3.73 gears

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinpo View Post
    I haven't owned a Jeep but I used to go four wheeling in this 1983 Toyota. Nothing serious but it sure was fun.

Cheers,
    Kevin

Name:	20180827_062521.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	89.9 KB 
ID:	14968
    Nice....

My brother has an 82'. He is now in Ogden UT and has been taking it classic car shows. He used to wheel with me a lot in Calif and NV.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast