User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Replacing Furrion Microwave/Convection

We purchased a 2018 Reflection 337RLS in January. The microwave/convection died in July. Furrion sent us a new one but we cannot see how to remove the old one. There is no cabinet above it, just a piece of molding and we cannot see how that is attached. Has anyone else had to replace it themselves? We are not near an authorized dealer/repair.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My best guess is you will have to remove the molding
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I went out to look at mine, and without tearing into it, it's not obvious. I'm curious also. Hopefully, somebody on the forum has already done this and can share the process.

Jim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just replaced ours...... Across the top is a black louvered piece of black plastic ??? It pulls off, I think the top first, then the bottom edge will release.
    There are four "square drive, Robertson, or Scrulox, (or whatever you want to call them) across the top driven at an angle. I used the box that the new
    microwave came in set on top of the stove as some protection. When you get to the outer two I would suggest have help to hold the weight as you remove the last two.
    With the screws out lower the front of the microwave and lift it up off a rear bracket that is on the rear wall.

On the new one I measured the location of the screw holes on the new on and drilled the appropriate size hole for the screws (don't remember what size I used)
    set the new microwave in the bracket with the front a little lower and once engaged, lift the front up and put the screws back in. Didn't take too long but it is pretty
    heavy trying to do it without help....

Hope this is not too confusing, but that's how I changed ours !!

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Installation Instructions

From the packet of "stuff" I recently got from GD. Hope it helps.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Furrion Over the Range Microwav - Furrion.pdf 
Views:	179 
Size:	4.93 MB 
ID:	14405
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you get a replacement Furrion or did you buy another brand? If you did replace with another brand, would you please give us the brand and model number that you found. Thanks.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well we replaced the Furrion Convection Microwave when it died after 7 mos. They sent us the replacement and it was installed the end of August of 2018. It just died again. Called Furrion and they said it was probably just a fuse in Microwave. They said we had to remove microwave to replace it which ended up not being the case. When you remove top piece of molding, there are 3 screws in front of mesh grate over the numbered control panel. Replaced fuse ($7 for 2 pack). Power came back on and reset clock, but did not test. 20 mins later the power on microwave went off again. Replaced with 2nd fuse, set clock and went to cook a baked potato and when I closed the door and before hitting any button, it died again. Furrion won't cover it because it is 2 mos. out of warranty. But they "generously" offered to sell us another one at 25% off. I shouldn't have to replace a microwave annually! Grand Design should get rid of Furrion Products and get something more dependable. I am not happy with cook top or oven either.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TravelingwithTucson,

When you refer to the moulding is that the 3” wide chrome plastic piece that goes across the top of the unit above the door and controls? I would attach an image but I can’t get it to work from my ipad. I have a 2020 reflection 337 and am trying to get the microwave out and don’t want to pry on the plastic cover and destroy it. I talked to the factory and they were not a lot of help. The manual shows that cover, moulding, comes off to access the charcoal filter but it also shows two screws from the top of the unit that hold the cover on. The way the unit is mounted I looks like the top cover piece, molding, should pop off. Any advice.

The reason I am trying to get it out is because when GD mounted the microwave/convection in the 2020 pebble color scheme they covered up one row of exhaust holes for the unit with the cabinet molding, facing. Since there is only three rows of holes this is one third of the exhaust covered. I need to see if I can remount the unit so it sticks out further with all of the exhaust holes open.

Thanks
    Jamie

Quote Originally Posted by TravelingwithTucson View Post
    Well we replaced the Furrion Convection Microwave when it died after 7 mos. They sent us the replacement and it was installed the end of August of 2018. It just died again. Called Furrion and they said it was probably just a fuse in Microwave. They said we had to remove microwave to replace it which ended up not being the case. When you remove top piece of molding, there are 3 screws in front of mesh grate over the numbered control panel. Replaced fuse ($7 for 2 pack). Power came back on and reset clock, but did not test. 20 mins later the power on microwave went off again. Replaced with 2nd fuse, set clock and went to cook a baked potato and when I closed the door and before hitting any button, it died again. Furrion won't cover it because it is 2 mos. out of warranty. But they "generously" offered to sell us another one at 25% off. I shouldn't have to replace a microwave annually! Grand Design should get rid of Furrion Products and get something more dependable. I am not happy with cook top or oven either.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes. You have to squeeze it and pull down from the top. It is a bear to get off. Can't figure out how to add a photo to post

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TravelingwithTucson View Post
    Yes. You have to squeeze it and pull down from the top. It is a bear to get off. Can't figure out how to add a photo to post
    Thanks for the reply. I think that is the only thing I did not try.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast