User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by klenger View Post
    After posting the link to the anti-siphon valve, I wonder if it would work. I believe the valve may prevent air venting into the tank under normal use of due to altitude changes.
    klenger - There are different styles of vacuum break valves . . . some with a check valve on one side and some without. I think both aredesigned to "drop" the water on both sides of the valve when the air vent opens. This would continue to provide air inlet venting (I think) . . . certainly something to be verified by testing!

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone know if the Reflection 150 has a roof vent for the fresh water tank.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdoran3788 View Post
    Does anyone know if the Reflection 150 has a roof vent for the fresh water tank.
    no vent thru the roof
    2018 Reflection 315RLTS
    2023 F350 Lariat 6.7L/CC/LB/FX4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are unable to fill our fresh water tank. The water works if the hose is connected, however the weather here is to cold to keep the hose. It seems like a vent maybe blocked but unsure where to look. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My guess is the Nautilus panel is the problem.

The fresh tank vents out the bottom through an overflow tube. Look for 6" of blue pipe that just ends, right near the white 2" drain valve.
    Rick

2019 Reflection 150 273MK
    2015 Ford F350 CC SB Lariat Powerstroke
    PullRite Superglide

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    cdoran
    With out knowing your trailer or docking station (place where you connect hose) brand I can only guess. Your owners manual should show the setting to POWER FILL or fresh water fill. This puts water into the fresh water tank. The Nautilus panel has a diagram of how to set the valves to fill the tank. If you could take a picture of your panel it would help us help you. Otherwise call your dealer or give Grand Design customer Service a call.
    Hope this helps
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We do have the nautilus panel and know how to power fill, we are thinking maybe the vent is frozen? The low has been in the teens here in mid-michigan. We have kept the heater on and the lowest it has been turned down to is 59 degrees.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Even with the vent frozen you should here water running to the tank. Do you? I suspect the fill line between the panel and tank is frozen. I would pull the pass through wall to get access to the back of the Nautilus panel and place a small space heater and direct it across the back of the panel facing towards the fresh water tank. Hopefully this will thaw the system.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    Even with the vent frozen you should here water running to the tank. Do you? I suspect the fill line between the panel and tank is frozen. I would pull the pass through wall to get access to the back of the Nautilus panel and place a small space heater and direct it across the back of the panel facing towards the fresh water tank. Hopefully this will thaw the system.
    One of the cheapest low power heaters is an old fashion incandescent light bulb.
    Rick

2019 Reflection 150 273MK
    2015 Ford F350 CC SB Lariat Powerstroke
    PullRite Superglide

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TucsonJim View Post
    Rob, couldn't you just leave the shut off valve on the bottom of the OEM drain tube that some of us have installed? Then install a tee fitting higher up on the drain tube so that you can run it forward into the panel area. When you're filling the tank, you can open the valve, and run until you see water coming out of the original discharge pipe. Then, close the valve and take your trip. Even if you don't open it right away, there will still be venting at the high point and altitude changes or usage can't hurt anything. When you get to your final destination, you could open the valve which would drain any water that sloshed out and was in the hose.

Like this:

Jim
    I did this. With my Momentum having two tanks, I had to do 2 valves.I did use another tee to merge the two vent lines into 1 which terminated high up in te propane compartment. I gained 40 gallons of capacity, and now the tanks hold what the specs. state.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345