User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PopUp TV on the 310GK and Sattellite Dish

Just purchased a Solitude 310GK... We have a Tailgater satellite dish with a Wally... Is there an easy way to connect it to the popup TV?? Looks like a PAIN to connect and disconnect each time we move around... 'preciate any ideas....

Also - anybody know the difference in the connections in the wet bay??Click image for larger version. 

Name:	file-2.jpeg 
Views:	36 
Size:	1.25 MB 
ID:	14416

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unplug the HDMI cable from the back of the CD player and buy an HDMI switch. Plug the the cable that was plug into the CD Player into the out and plug the Tailgater into one in port and the CD into the other in port. Not the best solution but easier than trying to snake an HDMI cable to the TV.

https://www.amazon.com/GANA-Intellig...ds=hdmi+switch
    Dennis & Ellie
    Current 2017 Newmar Ventana Class A & 1994 Airstream Excella Classic Limited Project
    Sold - 310-GK-R Delivered 28 Oct 2016
    2016 GMC Denali 1 Ton Diesel SRW Payload 3727LBS B&W Hitch

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DUH...........Thanks!!! Actually have one of those that have not used for a while.... will give it a whirl............. happy and safe RVing!!!!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is true that snaking the HDMI cable from the upper cabinet to the TV is a pain, but with a few tricks I found a way. I put together some easy instructions (with pics) - if you are interested, contact me at [email protected].

-- Gary

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    on our 373FB it is the connection on the nautilus panel, the one on the right goes to the connection on the other side of my basement
    2020 Solitude 373FB
    2019 F350 Dually

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gahatt View Post
    It is true that snaking the HDMI cable from the upper cabinet to the TV is a pain, but with a few tricks I found a way. I put together some easy instructions (with pics) - if you are interested, contact me at [email protected]. -- Gary
    Gary, could you post your instructions and pictures here?

Thanks.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    Gary, could you post your instructions and pictures here?

Thanks.
    Sure, see attachment (if it worked).

-- Gary
    Attached Files Attached Files

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gahatt View Post
    Sure, see attachment (if it worked). -- Gary
    Thanks Gary, perfect. Almost.

Our 2018 310GK has the factory radio/DVD player mounted in the MIDDLE cabinet, not sensibly at the left side as yours is. Therefore I believe that the path to that square "conduit" in the wall corner is through a false bottom in the two (or three?) cabinets.

I was hoping you had found an easy way around that since fishing in the dark and making a sharp turn down 14" away didn't seem like fun... I haven't tried it.

Thanks anyway, and thanks for posting the full information.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think with the radio in the middle it might be harder to fish a wire. I fished mine just as Gary did but without enlarging the hole inside the TV cabinet. The problem was that where the wall behind the TB meets the top of the TV "cabinet" there is another hole that the wires have to find their way through before getting to lower cabinet the TV is in (where the radio HDMI cable and some other wire come out of).

It's not impossible, but you probably want to take your patience pills first and plan to spend some time 'fishing'.

And when you finally get the fish tape through (I think fiberglass rods used to fish wires will work better than a metal fish tape), be sure to pull an extra one or two pull tapes or strings for the next time you want something fished through that pathway.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had my 310GK for only a week and my wife has been taking care of the indoors stuff, so this may be a dumb question.

Is the TV setup to only use the tiny speakers on it, or does the sound get routed to the stereo speakers? If just the tiny speakers, I think I'll route a cable up to the Jensen so there's a little more oomph when we actually turn on the TV while camping.

Best regards,
    Chris
    2020 Solitude 310GK FBP
    2019 Ford F350 SRW CCSB AUH
    Former Rig - 2013 North Trail FBS22
    2013 Expedition EL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast