User Tag List

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fridge Cooling Fans

Finally... after struggling to get the temp in my 2250's Dometic refrigerator to reach and maintain 39-40 degrees, I made some changes. I noticed that there was only one cooling fan in the back, and after googling it extensively, I found that it blew about 30 CFM across the coil. I also saw that there were holes in the crossbar to mount a second fan. So, I removed the single, inadequate fan and replaced it with two fans that blow 48 CFM each. In one upgrade, I more than tripled the airflow across the coil. I went out to look after work, and the temp was down to 35 degrees - and it's 102 degrees outside.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I took a few pictures this morning...

The first thing I did was cut out the existing plywood used to create the chimney. It's not pretty, but it's functional.

Then, I removed the original fan, snipped the wires and installed the dual fans.

I could have just tied all the wires together with a couple of wire nuts, but I chose to use plug in connectors so any component could be removed separately.

Finally, I cut a piece of 1/8" plywood and screwed it to the frame I left from the original cut out to recreate the chimney.

I also noticed when I went out today, that the two fans running together were much quieter inside the trailer than the single original fan, even though they are pushing 3 times the air and spinning much faster.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had issues with Fridge temp. being inconsistent. So I am adding a fan kit to the back. There is a sensor mounted on the end of a fin on the condenser at the top left that turns on the 4-90mm fans @ 150deg. I am swapping that out for a 122 deg. sensor to come on sooner. Plus I am adding 2- 120mm fans (somewhere to be determined) with their own sensor to come on at 118 deg. I set up a 4 wheel dolly to slide the fridge on too, so I can turn it around and work on it in the open. Much easier that working through the vents.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0383.jpg  
    Last edited by Cate&Rob; 08-13-2018 at 09:40 AM.