User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Availability of Alpha 1021 self-leveling sealant

Moderators: If there is a better place for this, please move it. I don't think it is special to Solitude, but the non-model-specific section doesn't have an "exterior" section.

GDRV specifies using Alpha Systems self-leveling sealant 1021 for the TPO roofs on the 2018 Solitude; stating that the Dicor doesn't adhere properly. I'm having trouble finding a 4-pack of 1021 by Alpha. I can find what claims to be Alpha 1021 by Recpro on Amazon. (Amazon lists "by Alpha", but when you order it, you can see that it ships from Recpro.) I'm leery of an off-brand product for this. So some questions:

1. Does anyone know whether the Recpro product is just repackaged (private labeled) sealant manufactured by Alpha, or a third party / generic reformulation to be "similar" to 1021 by Alpha Systems?
    2. Does anyone have experience with Recpro generally, or especially their 1021 sealant?
    3. Any known good source for the Alpha product? I've found it for $15 / tube, but am hoping to find a 4-pack at a significant price break.

Thanks!
    -Al
    Al and Kathe
    House: Bass Harbor, Maine
    Home: Wherever we're parked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Highlighted states are those we have camped in for at least one night in our Solitude.
    2018 Solitude 310GK 110463 (Rhett) / 2018 F350 CC DRW 4x4 Lariat (Scarlett)
    Follow us: http://lobstersontheloose.com

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jeff and Mary
    2017 2600RB
    2022 F250 Lariat CC 6.7 w/ Max Tow
    Round Rock, (Donut Capital of Texas) <><

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivercityjeff View Post
    Thanks, I saw that but since the picture doesn't show Alpha tubes (they have no markings at all), I can't tell whether it is from Alpha. Have you purchased that item?
    Al and Kathe
    House: Bass Harbor, Maine
    Home: Wherever we're parked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Highlighted states are those we have camped in for at least one night in our Solitude.
    2018 Solitude 310GK 110463 (Rhett) / 2018 F350 CC DRW 4x4 Lariat (Scarlett)
    Follow us: http://lobstersontheloose.com

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by acadiaforever View Post
    Thanks, I saw that but since the picture doesn't show Alpha tubes (they have no markings at all), I can't tell whether it is from Alpha. Have you purchased that item?
    In March I purchased a two pack from that vendor. It was indeed Alpha 1021. The good news about Ebay is seller ratings, 99.9% out of 45,000 customers is excellent!
    Jeff and Mary
    2017 2600RB
    2022 F250 Lariat CC 6.7 w/ Max Tow
    Round Rock, (Donut Capital of Texas) <><

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I've used both Alpha Systems and Dicor on my roof. They both adhere equally well. In fact, I'm using Dicor to hold some of my solar charging wires in place and after several thousand miles, the wires are still firmly bonded to the roofing material. I think the Dicor is a better color match to the original sealant that GDRV uses. Check out the mismatch in color between the Alpha Systems Super Flex sealant (in tan) and the original sealant:

Since Dicor is much easier to find than Superflex, I'll use it in the future. Camping World on-line sells the Alpha Systems Super Flex in Tan for $7.33 per tube.
    https://www.campingworld.com/self-le...03-oz-tube-tan

Jim

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It just sucks using this stuff, the Dicor or Superflex. I had a tube that I had used about half before on the Imagine and then tried to cap it, of course now that I want to use some on the Solitude, the tube is plugged up. Being the miser I am, I cut the tube open with a pocket knife and the stuff that was left was still good and runny but a PITB to apply now! I hate to only use a portion of the tube, seems so wasteful even at $11 a tube.

I got some on the back wall near the clearance light with my sticky fingers but found lighter fluid works good to clean up mistakes. Lighter fluid works good cleaning up mistakes with silicone sealer as well. I wish they had it in a small resealable can or smaller tubes for small jobs where you need a little bit of sealer.

I used what I could of the old tube and threw the rest away. Got to order some more. Inspecting the roof of the Solitude and have a few places to reseal.

Dang It
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amazon.com has the Alfa sealant at good prices with super quick delivery.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ((. I wish they had it in a small resealable can or smaller tubes for small jobs where you need a little bit of sealer.))

If I could get you to buy a quart when you only need a pint, Knowing that the leftover would be useless within days, I'd do it every time.
    We call this Capitalism (or organized crime...I get them confused).

Safe Travels.

Jim
    Jim & Gwen
    2015 Solitude 379fl, VIN 573FS4324F1102454
    2011 F-350 SC, DRW, 6.7 PSD, Ride-Rite Air Bags, Pull-Rite 20.5 K
    "You can't get lost if you don't care where you're going"