User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    kellypayne7

Angry Need help running Satalite cord.

Ok,at my dealership I had them install an automatic dish. The man who installed it only ran one cable from the dish to the Satalite now I can no longer record one show and watch another. ( my husband asked the installer why he only ran one cable. He shrugged and said. It is what it is)! We use our Rv to work so we had to get on down the road so we didn't have time to complain and rectify the problem. Anyway I need to know how I can run the second cable myself. Anyone done this? How hard is it? Any help is welcome. Thanks!

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the existing cable is loose and the holes are large enough, you should be able to tie a string and a new cable to the exiting cable and use it to pull the new cable and string through. Then use the string to pull the existing cable back through.
    Nick and Nancy
    Abbotsford BC
    2011 Ram 3500
    2015 Reflection 303RLs

kellypayne7
    Brilliant ! I will definitely check on that. Thank you, Kelly

kellypayne7

Satalite problems.

I talked with my husband. Apparently there was barely enough room for one cable. That was the installers excuse anyhow. Any other ideas? Anyone?

Steadfast
    If you have Directv, you can switch to a SWM system which requires only one coax.

kellypayne7
    I spoke with Winegard about that. I would still have to have two cables running to the swich then one running from the swich to my reciever. I guess I'd have to mount it on the roof. Also I would loose one of my satalites. Thanks though. Kelly

Steadfast
    Quote Originally Posted by kellypayne7 View Post
    I spoke with Winegard about that. I would still have to have two cables running to the swich then one running from the swich to my reciever. I guess I'd have to mount it on the roof. Also I would loose one of my satalites. Thanks though. Kelly
    That must be because you don't have the new Winegard dish that has the SWM lnb. Only one control cable and one coax needed to the roof. I don't know how feasible it is to convert.
    http://www.winegard.com/travler/trav...v-slimline.php

tgalley
    I may misunderstand, but i think you should go back to the dealer who took your money and let them make it perfect for you.