Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

377 mid room AC?

For those with a 377 - is there an ac vent in the mid room and if so, is there good airflow? We are comparing it with a Heartland Bighorn Traveler with a mid room - it has a small ac vent with poor airflow. We love this floor plan but want ac in that mid room. Thanks for the info!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Kathleen,

The 377 has a small AC vent in the room. It isn't enough to keep it the same temperature as the rest of the unit. We leave the door open at night and put a fan on the floor in the hallway and that really helps to even out tht temperature. Sometimes we put a fan on the wall (using a command hook) as well.

I think there was a post on here awhile back where someone installed an inline fan in the vent, and I think they said that helped.

Jeff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jeff, Ben, and many paws
    2021 Grand Design Momentum 399TH-R
    2021 Ford F-450 Platinum (previously 2013 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info. Are you otherwise happy with your 377? Any other issues with the floor plan?

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup, that vent doesn't work very well. I've have seen some add a inline booster to increase the flow to the room. I'm working on a toe space fan solution installed in the toe space of the kitchen hutch to circulate the cold air from the kitchen area into the mid bunk.

I also added an adjustable vent on the heat side, with the furnace right there that room gets hot. Close off or reduce the flow from that vent and it works much better as the furnace return is in that room.
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use the mid-room as my office and the only way I have a tolerable temp with the air is if both a/c units are running and a tower fan blows in air from the hallway. A lot of times with outside temp in the high 80's the room is in the low 80's. Maybe the inline fan for the ceiling vent is a good idea.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mounted a 5v PC fan inside the vent that helped some. I just ran the wire along the ceiling and pulgged into the USB power at the desk. I bought the "as seen on TV" evaporator cooler that also helps. I too plan to use that room as an office and might upgrade to a floor evaporative cooler.

I too noticed it gets way too hot in that room in the winter. A put gorilla tape over half the vent to cut down on the air flow. That seems to have worked well. I also covered half the heat vent in the bathroom. I get a good flow in the master bedroom to keep it comfortable.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    2017 Solitude 377MBS
    2018 Ram 2500 with diesel and air assist suspension.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know this is an old post at this point, but we are considering a 377 (looking at the 3740, as well) and was wondering if this issue has been addressed and improved on the 2020 models. Any info would be very much appreciated! Thanks!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Part of the problem of the low volume of air was due to poor ducting. The book case up in the loft actually serves as part of the duct to get the air from the roof duct into the office/room. You can carefully remove the left front board of the bookcase and that opens up the duct. I noticed a lot of open areas in that duct for the air to go instead of out the vent and into the room. I put in some aluminum duct tape to seal up all the gaps and that helped some. Plus the PC fan still helps a lot.

Regardless of which model you get, I recommend taking the AC covers off to ensure there are no uncovered gaps. Mine had a few that needed some extra tape to seal up.
    2017 Solitude 377MBS
    2018 Ram 2500 with diesel and air assist suspension.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Super helpful tips. Thanks for the info!