User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm another newbie and found this thread very helpful. I have a few questions so I can fully understand the responses:
    - Alan Hayes: You mentioned "I’ve always made it a habit to depressurize the system before changing modes to keep the valve from failing." How do you depressurize?
    - How do you fill and drain the water heater? I always assumed that when you filled and drained the fresh water tank, that the water heater was automatically filled/drained along with it.

Thanks in advance for the answers. Hopefully these questions will help Rob, too.

Alan
    Alan & Helen Buckner
    Houston, Texas - Weekenders now; full timers in 3 years!
    2019 Reflection 337RLS with Reese Goosebox and Champion 3400W Generator
    2017 Ford F350 Lariat Diesel 4x4 SRW with B&W Turnoverball Hitch + 4" extender

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To depressurize the system you first turn off city water if you are connected to it or you turn off your onboard water pump. Then you turn on one of your spigots inside the camper.

This will depressurize the system allowing you to change the valve positions in the nautilus panel.

To fill the water heater first hook up to city water connection then go into camper and turn on the hot water in one of the sinks. If the tank is not full you will get a lot of air. Let this go until you get a steady stream of water. Then do this at all the other sinks and shower. This will make sure all the lines are full along with the hot water heater.

To drain the hot water heater you will need to turn off the city water connection as well as the onboard water pump. Then outside open the hot water heater panel and in the lower left portion there is a plug. Make sure the water heater has been off for a while or you will get burned. Remove the plug. On the top portion of the water heater is a pressure release valve you can pull the silver lever out towards you to relieve pressure in the tank and allow to drain.

I think that is all>

Brian

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with all Brian's (Country Camper) advice. The one thing I would add is that if you have an outside shower connection at the water control panel, you can use this rather than going back and forth to inside, to open/close a faucet to relieve pressure or purge air.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Rob, I forgot about that.

Brian

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Country Campers View Post

To drain the hot water heater you will need to turn off the city water connection as well as the onboard water pump. Then outside open the hot water heater panel and in the lower left portion there is a plug. Make sure the water heater has been off for a while or you will get burned. Remove the plug. On the top portion of the water heater is a pressure release valve you can pull the silver lever out towards you to relieve pressure in the tank and allow to drain.

I think that is all>

Brian

I would reiterate to depressurize the water system before removing the plug from the water tank. Otherwise you are likely to get a shower from the waiste down. And yes, I did that....once.
    2022 Reflection150 226RK
    2022 F150 Powerboost hybrid with 3.5L Ecoboost

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Brian, Doug, and Rob!! You probably just prevented me from getting scalded - or drenched!
    Alan & Helen Buckner
    Houston, Texas - Weekenders now; full timers in 3 years!
    2019 Reflection 337RLS with Reese Goosebox and Champion 3400W Generator
    2017 Ford F350 Lariat Diesel 4x4 SRW with B&W Turnoverball Hitch + 4" extender

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Water pump and sanitizing

Quote Originally Posted by arhayes View Post
    Yes, it can take a while. My 2015 rig has the Kantkeak valve rather than the Nautilus you probably have. I’ve always made it a habit to depressurize the system before changing modes to keep the valve from failing. Anyway, when changing from City Water to Normal, it can often take a minute or two for pressure to build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I filled the tank with water after adding the sanitizing solution. Turn the water off at the Fossett. And then turn the water pump on but it’s been almost 10 minutes and I’m still only getting a trickle. Am I supposed to go change it to dry camping now?

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have read on here where people have had trouble drawing water or antifreeze up into their tank. They have been told to turn the screen around at the fill but to not to forget to turn it back afterwards because it would cause problems. Any chance something like this is going on.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ursast View Post
    I filled the tank with water after adding the sanitizing solution. Turn the water off at the Fossett. And then turn the water pump on but it’s been almost 10 minutes and I’m still only getting a trickle. Am I supposed to go change it to dry camping now?
    Did you switch the Kantleak Fill valve back to "Normal", the Water Heater selector valve to "Normal" and Fresh Tank Access back to "Closed"? If so and the tank IS full you should get water at faucets.
    Alan and Kathleen
    2015 Momentum 380TH (RVD2)
    2014 Ford F350 Dually (Stormtrooper)
    2012 Honda Goldwing Navi/ABS (Land Speeder)

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ursast View Post
    If you want to use the water pump, yes put it to dry camping. What year and model trailer do you have? If you add that to your signature it will make it easier for people to help you, that way they are not guessing what equipment is installed.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast