Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Airlift Airbags

Site Team
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    I have the bags as much to eliminate chucking as I do to level. I run 60 PSI so that the truck feels as close to how it does when I'm empty. 70 PSI was too much (teeth jarring), and 50 was too bouncy. 60 it is. I can run that with firewood in the back, generators up front, etc. You'll want to try it a few ways to see what works the best for you. I will stop at a rest area and adjust pressure if I don't like it. Start at 45 and work your way up.
    Ct..
    Chris Tretta
    Albuquerque, NM

2013 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4 6.7L Cummins
    2019 Grand Design 385GK
    2014 Grand Design 369RL - Sold
    Class A CDL, Doubles/Triples, Hazmat and Tanker endorsements

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuts View Post
    I haven't got the air bags installed yet but the question that is in my mind is how do you know what is level once you are hitched up to your 5th Wheel? Do you return your truck to the "pre-sag" height by adding air to the air bags until you are there or is there a system of measuring this that you guys have the experience with?

Sorry if this is a dumb question but 3 years ago, I had never towed anything so I learn this as I go. I did a Google search but there is nothing that clearly states this that I've found.

-Scott
    When your truck is at rest, take a broomstick and hold it up under your bumper. Take a saw and cut the broomstick off.

When your truck is fully loaded, add air to the Schrader valve until the broom stick will go under your rear bumper.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks all for the feedback! It was very helpful.

-Scott
    Scott and Lois-South Jordan, UT
    2014 Solitude 379FL #1467
    2011 F350 Crew Cab

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We ordered our bags a wireless controller from autoanything. The price is good and shipping is fast.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the Air Lift bags installed on my F250 when I took delivery on our Reflection 337RLS about 3 weeks ago. I like them. So far, I have found that around 45 lbs is working fine. Didn't have much sag on the rear end to start with, but the bags get me perfectly level with a good ride. One thing I have noticed though is that the bags loose pressure after a couple of days. So far, I have towed to a location and unhooked the 5W for the time I'm there. After a couple of days, the pressure drops to 20 lbs or so. Is this normal? Or do I have a leak? I have the on-board compressor with an analog gauge - same gauge for both sides.
    Ken & Wilma
    Central Maryland
    2014 Reflection 337RLS #439
    2011 F250 CC 4x4

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could test all connections with soapy water...mine were losing pressure and it turned out being tire valves being too loose.

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Lingerlonger;17158]I had the Air Lift bags installed on my F250 when I took delivery on our Reflection 337RLS about 3 weeks ago. I like them. So far, I have found that around 45 lbs is working fine. Didn't have much sag on the rear end to start with, but the bags get me perfectly level with a good ride. One thing I have noticed though is that the bags loose pressure after a couple of days. So far, I have towed to a location and unhooked the 5W for the time I'm there. After a couple of days, the pressure drops to 20 lbs or so. Is this normal? Or do I have a leak? I have the on-board compressor with an analog gauge - same gauge for both sides.[/QUOTE

I had a problem with my Dual Controller leaking. Campingworld service Dept. Manager called Air Lift and we swapped the controller for the Dual wireless controller and It does not leak at all. Been about 8 weeks since they installed the wireless and 2 trips pulling my 303. Air pressure stays were I set it. Air Lift has a 60 day no questions asked return policy. I just paid the difference in cost of the two. Love the wireless and it has two preset settings.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Mr Lucky;17167]
    Quote Originally Posted by Lingerlonger View Post
    I had the Air Lift bags installed on my F250 when I took delivery on our Reflection 337RLS about 3 weeks ago. I like them. So far, I have found that around 45 lbs is working fine. Didn't have much sag on the rear end to start with, but the bags get me perfectly level with a good ride. One thing I have noticed though is that the bags loose pressure after a couple of days. So far, I have towed to a location and unhooked the 5W for the time I'm there. After a couple of days, the pressure drops to 20 lbs or so. Is this normal? Or do I have a leak? I have the on-board compressor with an analog gauge - same gauge for both sides.[/QUOTE

I had a problem with my Dual Controller leaking. Campingworld service Dept. Manager called Air Lift and we swapped the controller for the Dual wireless controller and It does not leak at all. Been about 8 weeks since they installed the wireless and 2 trips pulling my 303. Air pressure stays were I set it. Air Lift has a 60 day no questions asked return policy. I just paid the difference in cost of the two. Love the wireless and it has two preset settings.
    I just bought the Air Lifter 5000 Ultimate with the Wireless controller and am getting ready to install on my 2014 F250. Since my 323BHS has about the same weight as the 337RLS, glad to know the airbags will make my TV level again. Questions I have are...do you let the air out before unhooking? Seems like if you didn't it would lift the truck higher as you try to lift the 5th wheel off the hitch.
    2015 Reflection 323BHS
    2014 F250 Lariat Crew Cab 4x4

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't let the air out of the bags before I unhook. There is still enough movement in the landing gear to get the RV high enough to unhook. In fact, unless I am going to drive the TV a lot before hooking back up. I'll even leave the bags pumped up. I don't have to put a lot of air in to level the TV or improve the ride. About 40 lbs works for me.

And to close the thread on the leak issue, I had the dealer look at them when I took the 337 back for some warranty work. They said they found an air leak in a T connection. I plan to keep an eye on the gauge for a while to see if that fixed the leak.
    Ken & Wilma
    Central Maryland
    2014 Reflection 337RLS #439
    2011 F250 CC 4x4

DennisK
    I don't let the air out before unhooking and have not had an issue. I run 55psi.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast