Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Airlift Airbags

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Airlift Airbags

I just had Campingworld install my Airlift air bags. I went with the Loadlifter 5000 Ultimate kit {part # 88338}. Also my Compressor kit Is the Load Controller Dual with the heavy duty pump{part# 25856}. Currently Campingworld has a $39.00 installation charge. So it was $39 total for both airbags and $39 for the compressor kit. The mechanic did a very neat job installing it! Currently Airlift has a $50 rebate on both parts. So rebate totaled $100.00 So after my rebate it cost me $1,005.83 for the whole job. I thought this was a great deal. A local Spring shop quoted me around $1500 for the basic setup. My truck is a 2013 GMC Sierra 2500 HD 4x4 Extended Cab. Just thought I would put this out there in case anyone was looking for airbags! Website is Airliftcompany.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info Mr Lucky!
    Renee & Bill -- Central Louisiana
    2014 Solitude 305RE #404
    2007 F250

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you in Spring Texas Mr. Lucky?
    2014 Reflection 303//2013 Ram 2500 turbo diesel Spring, TEXAS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's a update on my air bags. I had a air leak in the Dual airbag control panel inside my truck. Airlift said it would be a while to get us a new control. Maybe the controls are in demand! So on Airlifts web page they have a 60 day no questions asked return policy. So I had Campingworld call them and send us the Dual wireless control and I would pay the difference in price {$152.00}. Campingworld installed my wireless unit and the bags are holding air perfectly. Airlift covered part of the reinstall and Campingworld took care of the rest of the labor. I will say Campingworld of Chichester, New Hampshire went out of there way to take care of me to make sure I was very happy. 5 stars for the crew at Campingworld and especially Sam the service manager. Yes there is a big difference towing with air bags!!

Site Team
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    I love my airlift bags. I didn't go fancy this time, and just pump them up (hans and frans) with my bike pump. 25 pumps and it's done.
    Ct..
    Chris Tretta
    Albuquerque, NM

2013 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4 6.7L Cummins
    2019 Grand Design 385GK
    2014 Grand Design 369RL - Sold
    Class A CDL, Doubles/Triples, Hazmat and Tanker endorsements

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great information gang! I have been thinking about air bags so I just stopped at Camping World and they price matched Amazon. So now I'm getting air bags installed for the $39, (Normal install cost is $312).
    Scott and Lois-South Jordan, UT
    2014 Solitude 379FL #1467
    2011 F350 Crew Cab

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's great! And u can't beat the $39 install!

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Air Lift 5000's can be bought on Amazon.com for $279 delivered.

I'm also going to be adding custom mounts and new fifth wheel rails when I install the air bags--about $194 @ Amazon.com.

For now, I'm passing on the Air Lift onboard compressor, as I have an air tank that can do the job--and a compressor at home. I'm going to be adding a TruKool auxiliary transmission cooler for cheap insurance.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't got the air bags installed yet but the question that is in my mind is how do you know what is level once you are hitched up to your 5th Wheel? Do you return your truck to the "pre-sag" height by adding air to the air bags until you are there or is there a system of measuring this that you guys have the experience with?

Sorry if this is a dumb question but 3 years ago, I had never towed anything so I learn this as I go. I did a Google search but there is nothing that clearly states this that I've found.

-Scott
    Scott and Lois-South Jordan, UT
    2014 Solitude 379FL #1467
    2011 F350 Crew Cab

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuts View Post
    I haven't got the air bags installed yet but the question that is in my mind is how do you know what is level once you are hitched up to your 5th Wheel? Do you return your truck to the "pre-sag" height by adding air to the air bags until you are there or is there a system of measuring this that you guys have the experience with?

Sorry if this is a dumb question but 3 years ago, I had never towed anything so I learn this as I go. I did a Google search but there is nothing that clearly states this that I've found.

-Scott
    I'd say that you're looking for levelness of both the truck and camper with at least of 6" clearance between truck and camper over the bed rails. You'll have to adjust the hitch head height on the truck and perhaps the pinbox height on the camper in addition to the air bag pressure to achieve that.

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast