Likes Likes:  0

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slide out lights

While getting ready for a short 5 day trip I noticed the F 11 fuse blown. All it said on the legend was S/O, since this is a 15a fuse, I figured it must be for something other than the motor. Found out that it was the lighting on the number 2 slide, dining area and recliners. I disconnected the lights over the recliners and the switch to the puck lights over the dining table still blows fuse. Got my meter and began chasing wires, but lack of a wire diagram or schematic makes it difficult. Has anyone had a similar issue and also I would appreciate any suggestions. After further troubleshooting i determined that the lights in the pantry also do not work. The wire that is connected to F 11 is green and white. Chasing it down, I opened up the access underneath the trailer. What a disappointment! I have never seen such a rats nest of wires and the heater duct was just laying on the crossmember and not hooked up. Needless to say I couldn't make heads or tails of this. I did determine that the F 11 wire had a direct short to ground I also found the green and white wire comes into the kitchen slide. This is not a show stopper, I will work on it further tomorrow and when we return.
    Last edited by Boomer; 06-21-2014 at 03:32 PM. Reason: Additional information
    Horst, Marlene & Jack, Turlock-CA.
    Reflection 303RLS,
    01 Chevy 3500, 6.0L gas, DRW, 4:10 Gears.
    One big giant (140lbs) chocolate lab Jack.