Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lions Head Wheel Fail

I have been dealing with what i though was a leaking valve stem for about three months now. 3 different trips to the tire shop and it still leaked. Took if off again today to go back to the tire shop and I finally see what the issue is.... a hairline crack in the wheel at the valve stem area!

Does anyone have expirence with Lionshead Warranty process?
    Would this be an issue the dealer should cover? I notified them of the issue within the year warranty, but they refused to look at it.
    Any tire shops in socal (Menifee area) that carry lions head wheels?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tire2.PNG 
Views:	86 
Size:	1.32 MB 
ID:	14593Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tire1.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	94.6 KB 
ID:	14594
    17 Ram 2500 4x4
    18 28BH

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Call them at; 574-533-6169
    2015 F250 CC SB 4x4 6.7 PSD
    2018 315 RLTS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lionshead sent me a replacement rim and tire at no cost when I had a Westlake tire fail on our 2018 297RSTS. Go to their website and they have instructions for completing a claim form.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes. Lionshead customer service is outstanding. I had a leak due to a casting flaw and they had a new wheel delivered in 2 days.

Safe Travels.

Jim
    Jim & Gwen
    2015 Solitude 379fl, VIN 573FS4324F1102454
    2011 F-350 SC, DRW, 6.7 PSD, Ride-Rite Air Bags, Pull-Rite 20.5 K
    "You can't get lost if you don't care where you're going"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you know the finish of the wheel posted in my original post. It is hard to tell if it is gun metal grey or the silver finish.
    17 Ram 2500 4x4
    18 28BH

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Socalrider View Post
    Do you know the finish of the wheel posted in my original post. It is hard to tell if it is gun metal grey or the silver finish.
    To my eye, that's the silver finish. Gun metal grey would be noticeably darker. JMHO.

John
    2018 Silverado LTZ 3500HD CC LB 4X4 DRW Duramax/Allison
    2019 Momentum 381M w/Full Body Paint
    2016 Can Am Spyder F3 Limited Special Series
    2017 Can Am Outlander 1000 XT-P
    2016 Wrangler Hard Rock Unlimited
    1997 Bayliner Capri 1950 affectionately named Skinnydipper
    MSgt, USAF (Ret)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good news, Filled out the Warranty Claim Form from the lionshead website, Warranty department was super quick in processing and I got the wheel in about a weeks time! Very easy and quick!!!!

A huge negative review for Mike Thompson RV in socal who would do nothing to help with this issue. Service department refused to look at the tire when it was under warranty, once it was out of warranty, it was no longer their problem, and they did not even suggest to go directly to lionshead.
    17 Ram 2500 4x4
    18 28BH

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I realize this is an old thread, but I recently developed the same cracked rim issue others have had. I thought it just a slow leak, at first.

Anyway has anyone else had problems getting a response out of Lionshead? I've submitted the form and called twice, leaving polite messages both times. No response over a 2 day period.

We were due to depart Florida for Arizona on Monday. I've backed it up a week, but this is playing havoc with our route reservations.
    Chuck & Madelyn
    2021 M399th
    2020 Ram 3500 Laramie 4x4 MC DRW

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck.N View Post
    I realize this is an old thread, but I recently developed the same cracked rim issue others have had. I thought it just a slow leak, at first.

Anyway has anyone else had problems getting a response out of Lionshead? I've submitted the form and called twice, leaving polite messages both times. No response over a 2 day period.

We were due to depart Florida for Arizona on Monday. I've backed it up a week, but this is playing havoc with our route reservations.
    I had a Westlake (Lionhead) tire fail that also damaged the rim. I completed the paperwork with Lionhead, including pictures of the rim and tire, and submitted it under their No Excuses warranty. Within a couple of weeks I received a new rim and tire mounted and nitrogen filled.
    2018 297RSTS
    2018 GMC Denali HD

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by srobins View Post
    I had a Westlake (Lionhead) tire fail that also damaged the rim. I completed the paperwork with Lionhead, including pictures of the rim and tire, and submitted it under their No Excuses warranty. Within a couple of weeks I received a new rim and tire mounted and nitrogen filled.
    I certainly hope they can do better than a couple of weeks. I submitted all the paperwork and pics Thursday afternoon. I called once late Thursday and again midday on Friday, just to confirm receipt of the documents. Have yet to speak with a live person. Thankfully, I don't need a tire; just a rim.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast