User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slide out lights

Was getting our 303 ready for a 5 day trip to Santa Barbara when I noticed the F 11 fuse light on. Checked the fuse and sure enough it was blown. The only thing the legend tells me is S/O. Went around to see what was affected and found that I had no overhead lights in the dining/living room and no light in the pantry. All other lights worked fine. Got my trusty VOM and found out that the F 11 wire is shorted to ground. Not having a wire diagram or schematic, I had to start chasing down the wire blind. When I opened up the access below the entry door I was surprised by two things, first the heater duct was not connected and second the rats nest of wiring that was just laying on top, below, and yes wrapped around the plumbing. There was no bundling or protection for the wires. I chased this wire to the left rear corner, and found the same there, the wires were just laying lose on top of the underbelly cover. I have not found the source of the short yet, but will continue today. We are still going on our planned trip as these lights are not essential. I will at some point have to make a project out of getting the wires under the trailer safe and secure, leaving them as is will only invite more problems. This is the first problem that I consider to be a manufacturing quality issue. It also exposed areas or workmanship that are very disappointing. I will update this thread as I go along.
    Horst, Marlene & Jack, Turlock-CA.
    Reflection 303RLS,
    01 Chevy 3500, 6.0L gas, DRW, 4:10 Gears.
    One big giant (140lbs) chocolate lab Jack.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Boomer, I don't know if the wiring on the Reflection 303 is anything like the Solitude 369, but I found that the slide wiring had been rubbed enough by the slide mechanism that the insulation was worn exposing the wire. The wiring under the slide was being held in place by a zip tie and it had broke letting the wire rest on the mechanism. I repaired the wire and covered it with pipe insulation and put on a new zip tie.

Steve

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a quick update! I found a short is the wall behind the recliners. I'm not sure what caused it which still concerns me but I got it fixed.
    Horst, Marlene & Jack, Turlock-CA.
    Reflection 303RLS,
    01 Chevy 3500, 6.0L gas, DRW, 4:10 Gears.
    One big giant (140lbs) chocolate lab Jack.