Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reese Goosebox With RAM short bed

I posted this question a while back on another thread, but no answer.

Is anyone running a goosebox with the B&W 4" extension? I have a 2014 Ram 2500 with the 6'4" bed and will be towing a Reflection 311bhs. I am mostly concerned with forward turning radius (can I do a U turn). I am not ashamed to pull forward and get a better angle for backing.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    There is someone here running that set up. Have you searched Goose Neck Hitch?
    Also see this thread https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...ose+neck+hitch
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, that is where I posted the original question and did not get any bites there.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know if this helps, but I have the same set up (2016 truck with 27RL) and have just the goose neck ball from Ram with the Reese gooseneck and can turn 90 degrees. There would be a clearance issue if you had the Ram with the built in tool boxes in the side rails.
    2016 Reflection 27RL
    2016 Ram 2500 Limited 6.7 Turbo 4X4
    Reese Goose Box

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dahlonega Jim,

Thanks for responding. When you say you can turn 90 degrees is that when driving forward and achieving a full steering lock u turn, or when backing up and jackknifing the trailer? What gooseneck set up are you running, OEM, B&W, Reese? I am currently running the B&W Companion Slider and can currently get pretty close to a full steering lock u turn now. I can not do a full Jackknife when backing unless I engage the slider. I am just tired of removing the beast of a hitch when it comes time to clear out the bed of the truck.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ram with 6’4” bed factory pucks using a drop in ball & a Reese goosebox. Solitude 310 gk. Going forward I can get to almost 90deg not quite. But has never been a problem. I would have to be trying a very tight turn to hit back of truck. Just stay aware of the situation & you will be fine.
    Retired Truck Driver
    42 yrs. 4.5 Million Miles
    2019 Solitude 310 GK

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Recono,
    Good to know.

Anybody want to buy a lightly used B&W Campanion Slider hitch. ��

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by recono View Post
    Ram with 6’4” bed factory pucks using a drop in ball & a Reese goosebox. Solitude 310 gk. Going forward I can get to almost 90deg not quite. But has never been a problem. I would have to be trying a very tight turn to hit back of truck. Just stay aware of the situation & you will be fine.
    Recono, you sound similar to me. I have a 2017 Ram short bed with the factory 5th wheel package. I hear you saying that a Solitude with a Goosebox works well with such a truck as far as Turning clearance?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by recono View Post
    recono,
    Are you still pulling with the Ram, 310GK, Reese goosebox, and drop ball?

If so, which ball?
    Do you know the distance from the back of the cab to the center of the ball?

I'm trying to figure out if I can use the Reese goosebox without an issue. i currently have a Demco slider and MorRyde inbox and like it, I can turn a full 90 degrees. I am wondering if I can save some weight.

Thanks.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m not able to measure right now but they are all the same. I think the ball is a Curt, got it from Amazon.
    Retired Truck Driver
    42 yrs. 4.5 Million Miles
    2019 Solitude 310 GK

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast