User Tag List

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Warning regarding the subpar LCI suspension components used in Solitude.

I realize this is not a new but well documented concern. We have a 2017 377 MBS-R ordered and purchased new March 2017 with less than 5k total miles. Most of our camping trips are less than 50 miles from home on paved, well maintained roads. I have weighed the rig fully loaded on A CAT scale loaded with our stuff and noted just slightly over 12k lbs combined on the trailer axles (7 k axles). I really began to notice what was going to be an impending failure of our leaf springs and made the decision and investment to upgrade to 4000 pounds springs and also replace the shackles, wet bolts and equalizers with Morryde components as well as bolster the hangers with xfactor cross members. This was completed today.
    What really stood out to me was evaluating the old leaf springs. From what I can tell these all have bronze bushings (not nylon) stock from LCI but nearly every single bushing showed significant wear and several of them were completely worn through. This is despite greasing/lubricating all suspension components andd verifying tightness with a torque wrench at least twice a year.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9F2EEC25-9AC4-4E8A-9C8D-CFBEA47B03AA.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	14638Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D74CDC7F-E574-461B-81D2-ADD481078089.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	956.5 KB 
ID:	14639Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2B1E89DF-567F-440C-960F-7F0DAF6384D5.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	725.7 KB 
ID:	14640
    Ryan and Alison
    2017 Solitude 377MBS-R
    Titan electric/hydraulic disc brakes
    Morryde CRE 3000, xmembers x3, WBs,4k springs
    2017 GMC 3500 Duramax Denali SRW Airlift bags with wireless control
    Pullrite 2900 autoslide hitch

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Three trailers. The suspension they put on them meets minimum requirements. No, really minimum requirements. It didn't take me long to tumble to this so I factor in suspension upgrade when buying a new RV. Just the way it is! Oh, by the way, I do challenge my trailer suspensions more than most. I know I do, I plan for it.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My new GD sounds incredibly old at low speeds. We will travel a lot more with it this year. Any recommendations for making the suspension quieter and more robust? My hitch store can handle any upgrades. Can the leave springs be lubricated as well?
    2021 GD Reflection (150) 5th Wheel 268BH
    2019 F250 Gas 6.2L V8 FX4 Crew Cab
    PullRite 2100 20K Hitch w/ LOCKED OUT Turning Point
    2x Honda EU2200i Generators & 1UP Bike Rack & Roll-N-Lock Bed Cover
    Previous Setup:
    2017 Outdoors RV 23BHS
    2017 F150 Sport 3.5L V6 EcoBoost

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are relatively new to the RV experience. I have researched many different topics about maintenance and upgrades. One that caught my attention is about the suspension components on most trailers. In order to avoid a potential disaster, I chose to install the Morryde CRE3000 and wet bolts. The installation is pretty straight forward. YouTube reviews will demonstrate how this is done. As long as you have the proper tools and jacks, it is about a 4 hour project. This installation was done today and it is too soon to give an opinion about comparing old vs. new parts, however I expect good results from what I have read. J Maguire, you may experience a quieter suspension with this upgrade. All of the parts were $255 on Amazon. I am unsure how much labor would be if you have this installed. I liked to do my own work whenever possible. It helps to have first-hand knowledge about your equipment!

We purchased a pre-owned 2019 315RLTS Reflection. The prior owner had very few trips with it. I was amazed to see the plastic bushings in the leaf springs were already nearly worn through. Everything about the stock suspension parts looked cheap compared to the new Morryde parts.

Thanks to all of the members of this forum for their advice, experiences and recommendations. Happy spring! Summer is around the corner!!
    Steve and Amy
    Arlington, WA
    2017 Ford F-350 Powerstroke
    2019 Grand Design 315RLTS

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could have left the topic title at subpar LCI components....its not limited to suspension.

My springs started to flatten on my 399. I changed them all out with Dexter springs, CRE3000 and Morryde wetbolts and heavy duty shackles.

My 311 came with Morryde CRE3000 and heavy duty shackles w/ wet bolts, but I know I'll need to keep an eye on the leaf springs to be on the safe side.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve & Amy View Post
    We are relatively new to the RV experience. I have researched many different topics about maintenance and upgrades. One that caught my attention is about the suspension components on most trailers. In order to avoid a potential disaster, I chose to install the Morryde CRE3000 and wet bolts. The installation is pretty straight forward. YouTube reviews will demonstrate how this is done. As long as you have the proper tools and jacks, it is about a 4 hour project. This installation was done today and it is too soon to give an opinion about comparing old vs. new parts, however I expect good results from what I have read. J Maguire, you may experience a quieter suspension with this upgrade. All of the parts were $255 on Amazon. I am unsure how much labor would be if you have this installed. I liked to do my own work whenever possible. It helps to have first-hand knowledge about your equipment!

We purchased a pre-owned 2019 315RLTS Reflection. The prior owner had very few trips with it. I was amazed to see the plastic bushings in the leaf springs were already nearly worn through. Everything about the stock suspension parts looked cheap compared to the new Morryde parts.

Thanks to all of the members of this forum for their advice, experiences and recommendations. Happy spring! Summer is around the corner!!
    Upgraded our previous trailer (Outdoors RV) to what you mentioned above and it sounded great however this new GD trailer came with the Dexter E-Z Flex and wet belts already installed was expecting similar results but it pops and creaks just the same as a standard setup.
    2021 GD Reflection (150) 5th Wheel 268BH
    2019 F250 Gas 6.2L V8 FX4 Crew Cab
    PullRite 2100 20K Hitch w/ LOCKED OUT Turning Point
    2x Honda EU2200i Generators & 1UP Bike Rack & Roll-N-Lock Bed Cover
    Previous Setup:
    2017 Outdoors RV 23BHS
    2017 F150 Sport 3.5L V6 EcoBoost

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a comment here spring eye bushings. I had the standard plastic spring eye bushings on my 2006 Alpenlite, last 5K. I skipped the wet bolt and replaced with the Never Fail bushings and never had a problem. Had the unit 13 years without issues.
    2020 Solitude 372WB
    2017 F350 Superduty 4x4, Heavy Duty Tow Package
    2900 Superglide Hitch, MORryde Rubber Pinbox
    Zinny, Golden Retriever (rescue)
    Belle, Golden Retriever (rescue)

"Life With a Dog is a Gift"