User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toes in the water View Post
    Thanks, Clint - appreciate you sharing the video ! I suspect GDRV has another winner on its hands with this line and more "G" models to come I am sure.

Dan
    At the Hershey show we toured the Momentum 320G fifth wheel ....nice unit, and price point.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Being as Spartan as it is, I question the wisdom of using the Momentum moniker. Momentum is the top of the line in the GD family. This 27’ travel trailer with minimalist decor and storage really doesn't seem to be in the same league.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minnow101 View Post
    Being as Spartan as it is, I question the wisdom of using the Momentum moniker. Momentum is the top of the line in the GD family. This 27’ travel trailer with minimalist decor and storage really doesn't seem to be in the same league.
    I had heard originally the plan was to make this in the Reflection line. So I was surprised as well they used the Momentum line, as I agree with you, this does not scream top of the line and certainly does not live up to the Momentum moniker.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a Momentum G series.

The G series are less appointed and generally lighter than the standard M or TH.

It's a new line........
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GD should of gone with offshoot of the Imagine line then. A Momentum travel trailer with the lack of any amenities justs muddies the water and confuses the brand.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minnow101 View Post
    GD should of gone with offshoot of the Imagine line then. A Momentum travel trailer with the lack of any amenities justs muddies the water and confuses the brand.
    I don't think it is short of amenities. It is actually quite nicely appointed. The Momentum name is the entire toyhauler line, not how they are equipped.

That is why there is the TH series, M series, and now G series.

https://www.tomschaeffers.com/produc...-21g-944842-28
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well you sell them, I don’t. As an outsider, its just confusing to me. I couldn’t justify paying that kind of money for a barren looking 27’ travel trailer being marketed as the GD top of the line from the pictures I saw.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's a great addition to their lineup. I just purchased a side by side a couple of months ago and have been looking for something under 30' with an island bed. I see they also have a couple other models coming out shortly. It looks like the 25G will have a little more storage. They don't show the overall length but I expect it to be around 31'.

Bob
    2023 Reflection 150 Series 260RD
    2022 Ford F350 SRW CC 4X4 Lariat 6.7 camper package, B&W Companion RVK3300

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well I just found these last night and went Ga-Ga! I would love a good Toy Hauler the same size as my Imagine 2800BH. They still haven't found a way to hit the tie-downs (carpet is a horrible option), they need to figure that out (hidden doors or something). I'd be interested in the 28G but I can only find the 21G out so far.

Biggest issue so far is the PRICE! Are they on drugs? $60k CDN for a baby toy hauler? Without any of the extra options... ouch.

The Forest River Vengeance 26FB13 is under $40k CDN and has more kitchen counter space, a proper corner shower with glass doors and more.

Loving these new Momentums but hope the price comes down and they fix a few things (did not see an option for rear back deck in any reviews or videos yet).

---

I agree with the comments on the Imagine or Reflection line, they should have also found a way to keep the front pass-through storage like the 2800BH. From what I can tell at the moment outdoor storage is terrible on all the models even the 28G but will have to wait until the brochure is released. Going to be interesting to watch how this line develops over the years.

Cheers
    Tim
    2022 Momentum 25G (aka "Baby Mo")
    2020 Ram 3500 Laramie SRW | 6.7 HO Aisin | 6’4” bed | 3.73 gears | air suspension | 3694# Payload
    Blog Post: 1500 Pickup’s and Towing - The REAL numbers with example
    Blog Post: 2016-2018 Imagine 2800BH - 3500 lb Axles Tire Rubbing Issues

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well got to see some pics of the 28G, pretty nice but has a new major flaws:

1. Yes there is a full patio set available for all the G series it looks like, looked great on the 28G.
    2. Yes there is a pull down screen for the rear door, AWESOME.
    3. The front storage on all the G class and the 28G is terrible, it's a small tall closet. Not bad but not great. Might be usable if you can find a way to stack chairs in the upper section.
    4. The 28G has a strange third couch in the living area. There are already two huge hapijack sofa's with table so the extra couch is overkill. They would have been better to put a pantry/riding gear closet there and maybe some counter space or simply more inside storage. There just isn't enough gear storage that I could see with the outdoor pass through storage missing. Even better, move that stove/fridge down, extend kitchen counter and then put the riding gear/pantry at the far end (Closet+Fridge+Stove+Counter).
    5. Outdoor basic kitchen on the 28G is great but I did not see a sprayer faucet beside it. Would be something to see (prefer to see the boxes in version that has hot and cold. A bunch of us have already modified our 2800BH's to replace the rear sprayer attachment with this.
    6. Bedroom looks quite nice on the 28G, almost overkill. Good job there.
    7. Counter space in the bathroom is terrible, very small for a trailer this size. Maybe add a folding flip-up extension like they have in the kitchens.
    8. Shower is back to a curtain instead of the retractable version on the imagine series. No idea if the curtain is better??
    9. Medicine cabinet is nice and large

Overall not bad at all for a first attempt but the lack of storage is a deal killer.

Change the bedroom front cap storage to not have cupboards at the bottom and extend the front storage all the way across as a full pass through.

---

Still will have a look at these and compare to the Vengence line etc.

Cheers
    Tim

EDIT: Looking closer it seems the 25G is the sweet spot. It doesn't have the goofy third couch but has the full size kitchen of the 28G. You only lose 2 feet for vehicles. Still abysmal storage but a better compromise.
    2022 Momentum 25G (aka "Baby Mo")
    2020 Ram 3500 Laramie SRW | 6.7 HO Aisin | 6’4” bed | 3.73 gears | air suspension | 3694# Payload
    Blog Post: 1500 Pickup’s and Towing - The REAL numbers with example
    Blog Post: 2016-2018 Imagine 2800BH - 3500 lb Axles Tire Rubbing Issues

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast