User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tim, I went to my dealer and had a look at the 21G they had in stock. Also saw the pictures of the other models. I agree there isn’t enough outside storage for us. I would also miss the under bed storage.
    I think it’s very nicely appointed but the 21G is just too small for me. I would suggest that Grand Design add a shelf to the tall outside storage to make it more useable.
    Although the Vengeance is less expensive it isn’t as nicely finished. The Vengeance 26FB13 has a very narrow pass through storage. It doesn’t have a moulded fibreglass cap like the Momentum. I believe this model has been discontinued now.
    I would like a toy hauler that would accommodate my side by side. My side by side is 60” wide, 75” tall and 115” long. Pass through storage and under bed storage would be nice.
    I’ll have a look at the 25G when my dealer has one in stock and see if I can make it work.
    Bob
    2023 Reflection 150 Series 260RD
    2022 Ford F350 SRW CC 4X4 Lariat 6.7 camper package, B&W Companion RVK3300

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Oh wow Bob, thanks for that I had no idea there was no underbed storage in these new models. That is insane.

Guess I’m waiting a few more years till the 25G/28G get re-designed.

Thanks
    Tim
    2022 Momentum 25G (aka "Baby Mo")
    2020 Ram 3500 Laramie SRW | 6.7 HO Aisin | 6’4” bed | 3.73 gears | air suspension | 3694# Payload
    Blog Post: 1500 Pickup’s and Towing - The REAL numbers with example
    Blog Post: 2016-2018 Imagine 2800BH - 3500 lb Axles Tire Rubbing Issues

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorvald View Post
    Oh wow Bob, thanks for that I had no idea there was no underbed storage in these new models. That is insane.

Guess I’m waiting a few more years till the 25G/28G get re-designed.

Thanks
    Tim
    The generator compartment is under the bed. At least that’s the way it is in the 21G. I assume they’re all the same.

Bob
    2023 Reflection 150 Series 260RD
    2022 Ford F350 SRW CC 4X4 Lariat 6.7 camper package, B&W Companion RVK3300

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Was down in Florida and visited a nice dealer in Fort Myers who had a 21G in stock. So we got a full tour.

Right away I could tell these were rushed out of the assembly line, the fit and finish was terrible for GD. First thing we noticed was the wood trim around the bed slide-out was not stained on the ends ... the ends that face towards the bed! It was very visible (I took pics so I'll send them to GD so they can add it to their PDI process hopefully). I took a number of pics of PDI issues (was very surprised for a GD unit. I had my Brother & Sister In-law with me and they were not very impressed until we toured some M series and Solitudes (phew).

Lots of metal shavings around the generator compartment for some reason, one I didn't keep an eye out for an got a nice slice on the finger (it was still attached to the framing).

The bedroom is nicer than it looks on paper, was pretty pleased with that.

The third door to the bathroom is a complete waste of time... lose the door to the bedroom (Like all the M series) and use that space better for more storage/cupboards/counter space and privcacy!). Especially on the 25G/28G. What were they thinking?

The hookup station and generator under the slide is a pain in the ... if you have a bad back or are on the older side, skip this one. Was fine for me and in fact would give shelter in the rain (a benefit).

No option for the three-season garage wall unfortunately, just the pull down screen from what I could tell (is not listed on GD site as an option either).

Tie downs were a pain, they were everywhere in the living/kitchen area. I get it's a toy hauler but wow... goes against everything GD is about (no floor vents etc).

For a smaller Toy Hauler it was definitely a step above but the price range puts it at the lower end of the luxury class of regular trailers so it's hard to convince a wife.

---

Waiting to see the 25G since it seems to have the best balance of both.

We of course toured a 351M and it was no contest (obviously) but you are also talking a 30K to 40K jump in price ouch.

---

If they do the 25G/28G with a better PDI process, 3 season garage door option, dual pane window option, fix the storage issue, upgrade the bathroom a little (sliding shower doors), ditch the second bathroom door to the bedroom and replace with more counter/cupboard space (waste of space, weight, etc, all the M series don't have a second bathroom door)... then we are closer to a winner (IMHO).

Still also waiting to see a pic/video with the carpet down. Those tie-down hooks are a 100% no-go for a wife. They really need to design a hidden hatch/panel for those things, especially when they go into the kitchen area.

Cheers
    Tim
    2020 Ram 3500 Laramie SRW | 6.7 HO Aisin | 6’4” bed | 3.73 gears | air suspension | 3694# Payload

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Super old forum chain but thought I would chime in! The 21G has a sweet spot for many. We ran a heavy 5er for a few years and then a longer TT and realized we don’t need that mega length. Our style is more boon docking, back country, and even a little hunting now and then. This 21G has fit the bill - big tanks, enough room for a small SxS or big quad, enough sleeping space for our small family space of 5, and ease of maneuverability in smaller areas. We upgraded propane to 2x30s and batteries to 2x6Vs and she’s been bullet proof. It’s a home run for us and although it’s not the biggest on the lot she packs a punch. Although we’re still glamping in this beauty I feel we’re closer to “camping” more than when we had the bigger units..

2020 GMC HD3500 Denali Duramax SRW
    2021 Momentum 21G

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Your right it’s an old thread but deserves to be updated. We are finally back looking at trading in and was aiming at the MPG 2700TH or the Strykers but they just can’t hold a candle to the features GD gives now.

Its so nice to see the entire G line with 3 season doors, patio awning, 12V large fridge, reasonable solar etc. I’m actually liking the 23G but still prefer the 25G for kitchen layout/counter space, bathroom angle and the mini outdoor kitchen. I’m just surprised they still haven’t fixed the awning not covering the outdoor kitchen and the drain spout that drips right on a 120v outlet…. Ugh!

I’m also still baffled why the G series still uses the twist locks instead of slam latches. The MPG and Stryker both have higher end features like slam latches all around, solid steps, glass curved shower, etc. Still using curtains instead of the Nautilus slider in the shower is also baffling. Thankfully an easy mod to do (we love ours in our 2800BH).

Storage is still a huge concern, they need to figure out these “crossovers” (as the new term seems to be) and stuff in more storage. For things like bathroom towels, towel bars or hooks, etc. Otherwise the lack of outdoor storage can be moved to the pickup bed but I like to keep things in the trailer all in one package ready to go.

We are headed to the dealer today to spend most of it checking out all the various models and brands. I did a recee the other week and was not impressed by the build quality on any of the other makes. Just walking into a Momentum, even a 23G, was a breath of fresh air.

Cheers
    Tim
    Last edited by Thorvald; 06-11-2022 at 07:13 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234