User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Theater seat arm broke?

So we were on a trip last week. At our last RV park, after setting up, we noticed the left hand side(looking at the seat) of our theater seat arm was leaning over. Upon further inspection the arm appears to have broken itself off of the back part of the theater seat. The back part of the theater seat is covered in material but you can feel through the material where the arm is supposed to be attached. Also when comparing it to the other side its quite obvious it has broken off. Has anyone else had an experience like this? I don't know what to do about this. Do I go back to the dealer? Contact GD? Take it apart and look at it myself?

Needless to say we are a bit bummed about this situation. Is the quality of the furniture in our coach so poor that it breaks itself? I can understand if we had kids or our dogs and they were horsing around but we didn't.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Brian & Julie
    2005 Ford F250 6.0L Lariat CC SRW FX4 with 09 F350 springs conversion
    2016 Reflection 303RLS #243

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Call GD customer service on Monday morning at 574-825-9679. They'll get you take care of. Sounds like another fine Lippert produced product has lived up to it's life expectancy.

Jim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TucsonJim View Post
    Call GD customer service on Monday morning at 574-825-9679. They'll get you take care of. Sounds like another fine Lippert produced product has lived up to it's life expectancy.

Jim

Hi Jim. Thank you for the reply. I laughed when I read it. "Life expectancy". Yeah right... We've had our trailer since May 2015. No kids, little dogs and spontaneously broken seats. What a laugh. Thank you for the info. I'll give them a call in the morning.
    Brian & Julie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jim

A message was left with Dwayne. Hopefully I'll get a call back.
    Brian & Julie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jim
    So all of this time has passed. We heard nothing from GD so I contacted them. I was told, "they have denied coverage as the unit is outside their 1 year warranty. If you would like to contact them direct to plead your case, please call their customer service line at 574-537-8900."

Wow. Really? I'm so disappointed and disheartened. I wrote back that I understood we were out of warranty, but come on now. This isn't a piece of trim, a cabinet door that doesn't shut or a squeaking door. This is a piece of furniture in our main living area. I'm so upset about the fact that a piece of furniture lasted just over a year. Just past our warranty. We don't have kids, we do have 3 small dogs(not big enough to break an arm on a recliner though), we are not big people but we do have a piece of crap for a recliner in our fifth wheel. We are bummed because we are leaving next week for a 6 day trip and we have to deal with this broken arm on our recliner. So relaxing. So comfortable.
    Brian & Julie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had an issue with our 2016 303 couch about 6 months after our warranty period was over. I called GD customer service and they suggested that I call Lippert directly. I did and they told me to email some photos to them along with our Reflection information. I sent an email to Lippert with photos of the couch and after a few email exchanges, we had a brand new couch delivered to our door. I can only say good things about Lipperts customer service.
    Dennis
    Dennis and Carolyn, Oregon City, OR
    2019 GD Reflection 337RLS
    Comfort Ride Slipper Spring Suspension with Wheel Alignment
    2015 GMC SLT 2500HD Duramax with 3500HD Rear Springs
    20K Reese Goosebox with B&W 4" Offset Turnover Ball.
    Sold 2016 GD Reflection 303RLS 03/17/2019

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dentil View Post
    We had an issue with our 2016 303 couch about 6 months after our warranty period was over. I called GD customer service and they suggested that I call Lippert directly. I did and they told me to email some photos to them along with our Reflection information. I sent an email to Lippert with photos of the couch and after a few email exchanges, we had a brand new couch delivered to our door. I can only say good things about Lipperts customer service.
    Dennis

Wow. Really? I guess I will fire off an phone call to Lippert tomorrow. Thank you for this info.

We have an early 2016 303 too. We picked our 2016 up on 5/1/15.
    Brian & Julie

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Our 303 View Post
    So all of this time has passed. We heard nothing from GD so I contacted them. I was told, "they have denied coverage as the unit is outside their 1 year warranty. If you would like to contact them direct to plead your case, please call their customer service line at 574-537-8900."

Wow. Really? I'm so disappointed and disheartened. I wrote back that I understood we were out of warranty, but come on now. This isn't a piece of trim, a cabinet door that doesn't shut or a squeaking door. This is a piece of furniture in our main living area. I'm so upset about the fact that a piece of furniture lasted just over a year. Just past our warranty. We don't have kids, we do have 3 small dogs(not big enough to break an arm on a recliner though), we are not big people but we do have a piece of crap for a recliner in our fifth wheel. We are bummed because we are leaving next week for a 6 day trip and we have to deal with this broken arm on our recliner. So relaxing. So comfortable.
    Did you try Bill Martin, he seems to get this stuff corrected most of the time.
    2017 27RL REFLECTION
    2008 FORD F250

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyoung7 View Post
    Did you try Bill Martin, he seems to get this stuff corrected most of the time.
    No. He wasn't mentioned.
    Brian & Julie

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sent you a PM
    2017 27RL REFLECTION
    2008 FORD F250