User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Suburban oven won’t stay lit.

The Suburban oven in my 2015 GD Solitude 369 RL has never stayed lit beyond its first reach to the set temperature. Pilot goes out once desired temperature is reached. Obviously, the oven burner won’t relight at that point. I’ve paid no less than three RV repair facilities to fix this, and it still doesn’t work. Anyone have thoughts? Very disappointed in this appliance.
    Greg & Sherry
    Stormy - Beagle/Springer Spaniel
    2015 Solitude 369 RL #2950
    2013 GMC 2500 HD Diesel

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I have to assume service techs have changed this already but... Pilot light staying lit is controlled by the the thermocoupler. You light the pilot light, that heats the thermocoupler ( a resister that changes value with temp). That triggers the valve to stay open. When that resistance changes back it tells the gas to shut off as a safety feature so you don’t have gas pouring into the oven unlit. It thinks the pilot light went out. It is not a complex system.

Jim
    2017 F350 Bronze Fire XLT short bed SuperCab, SRW power stroke Diesel, 3.31 rear end, 18" AT tires
    Demco hijacker autoslide hitch
    2018 303RLS VIN#: 573FR3329J3313328. Built 4/2017. Dual AC's, freestanding table/chairs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suspect that the techs have checked everything more than once. They just haven’t fixed whatever is wrong. My residential appliance guy looked at it and thought the gas valve was faulty. The latest RV service tech disagreed. I’d like to throw the whole damn thing in the trash!

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So throw it out if you are not willing or able to work on it. Sounds like you got poor service techs too so throw them out because maybe that’s your problem. Let’s face it, things break. Here is a brand new scratch and dent unit. $379.99 with free shipping. https://www.ebay.com/itm/22-SUBURBAN...UAAOSwKz5baN4A
    2017 F350 Bronze Fire XLT short bed SuperCab, SRW power stroke Diesel, 3.31 rear end, 18" AT tires
    Demco hijacker autoslide hitch
    2018 303RLS VIN#: 573FR3329J3313328. Built 4/2017. Dual AC's, freestanding table/chairs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok. I had the same problem with mine back in ‘14 on our ‘15 Momentum. Suburban had a batch of ovens that the orifice was too small to support the pilot when hot. At the first rally, the Suburban tech replaced the interior parts of the oven, I don’t remember the name of what he replaced, but it contained the orifice for the gas. I hope this helps.

Big Mike
    Mike and Mary Beth, Hopatcong, NJ
    2015 Momentum 385th with MorRyde Independent Suspension and Disc Brakes
    2014 Dodge Dually
    2014 Harley Ultra Limited (Big Mike's)
    2015 Indian Chieftain (Mary Beth's)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have had the same problem ,I was positive it was thermal coupling replace it myself that didn’t take care of problem,
    Took it to the dealer,which I didn’t want to just because of hassle of it,
    I had to make 3 trip back to dealer to actually show them ,after 3 time they finally figure it out , they replace the control valve.
    Darwin & Linda
    Southern, Idaho
    2014 Ram 3500 SRW Diesel
    2016 Solitude 300GK

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    gws154 if what Big Mike is saying is true, perhaps a call to Suburban might help. Explain the problem to them and give them the numbers off your unit. There may be a service bulletin and they may just send you the parts.

John

Quote Originally Posted by Big Mike View Post
    Ok. I had the same problem with mine back in ‘14 on our ‘15 Momentum. Suburban had a batch of ovens that the orifice was too small to support the pilot when hot. At the first rally, the Suburban tech replaced the interior parts of the oven, I don’t remember the name of what he replaced, but it contained the orifice for the gas. I hope this helps.

Big Mike
    2018 Silverado LTZ 3500HD CC LB 4X4 DRW Duramax/Allison
    2019 Momentum 381M w/Full Body Paint
    2016 Can Am Spyder F3 Limited Special Series
    2017 Can Am Outlander 1000 XT-P
    2016 Wrangler Hard Rock Unlimited
    1997 Bayliner Capri 1950 affectionately named Skinnydipper
    MSgt, USAF (Ret)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]