User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: It's here!

DennisK

It's here!

Just got the call from the dealer that our new 369RL was just delivered. We are going Thursday to take possession. Anything in particular that I should be on the watch for? Anything you would like me to report to the forum (changes, etc.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Grats Dennis and Melissa! I know y'all are excited
    Take your time with your PDI, make the dealership show you everything thing...every function.
    ...and yes, report on the changes. I think we all like to compare
    Renee & Bill -- Central Louisiana
    2014 Solitude 305RE #404
    2007 F250

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Great news Dennis and Melissa!

As Renee said, make them show you everything and how it works. Take a CD and DVD with you to make sure the audio and video equipment works. Open every drawer and every cabinet door, turn on every light, and check all the outlets. Make sure the A/C and Furnace works. I know it's summer, but make sure the furnace is putting out heat at all the outlets. Make sure they show you how to operate the 6 point leveling system.

If at all possible, go camping this weekend and test all the systems on your own, and have a great time!

Steve

DennisK
    Thanks. I never thought about the CD and DVD but will try those as well. The dealer owns a campground directly adjacent to the dealership and they put buyers up for 1-2 nights to shake things down. That way a technician can copme over and resolve any issues. Here is my question.... At what point would it be sensible to refuse the unit? A couple of small things that can be fixed on the spot are fine but what if it is something larger such as AC or refrigerator, TV, etc? When do you have the right to refuse to take it? I surely hope that wouldn't be the case but want to be armed with knowledge.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DennisK View Post
    Thanks. I never thought about the CD and DVD but will try those as well. The dealer owns a campground directly adjacent to the dealership and they put buyers up for 1-2 nights to shake things down. That way a technician can copme over and resolve any issues. Here is my question.... At what point would it be sensible to refuse the unit? A couple of small things that can be fixed on the spot are fine but what if it is something larger such as AC or refrigerator, TV, etc? When do you have the right to refuse to take it? I surely hope that wouldn't be the case but want to be armed with knowledge.

That would be up to you. You have the right not to accept delivery if there are any defects in materials or workmanship, especially if it has to do with safety. It's entirely up to you just how far you want to go with that. Of course, if there are any major components or systems that do not operate as designed, do not accept the unit IMO. At a minimum, I would not take the unit home until everything is working to your satisfaction. It's good that there is a campground next door to the dealership allowing you to "test drive" the rig for a few days and have issues fixed BEFORE taking it to its new home. Good luck and happy camping.
    Andy & Julie
    Gig Harbor, Wa
    2014 Solitude 369RL S/N 104
    2012 F350 SWR 4x4 CC 6.7 Diesel