User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slauretani View Post
    We did receive a response today from GD and they are aware of the issue of the slide on the the 303’s.
    Can you share what Grand Design sent regarding the slide issues w the group? Very curios as it seems to be an issue w the newest units, given what I see. Wondering if they have/ plan a long term fix.

Thanks in advance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I fear it will happen again out of warranty and will Grand Design stand behind it knowing they have issues???

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    UPDATE! I picked up my 303 today after the slide repair. The approved Grand Design fix is to install 2 new slide rollers on the underside of the slide, near the front. Note these are in addition to the two underneath the bottom of the slide which are attached to the floor, that support the slide from the bottom. These two additional rollers support the front of the slide, rolling along the floor, as it opens and closes.

The technician that did the repair stated the instructions were vague, and he first installed them on the floor with the initial rollers, but the slide immediately ripped the new flooring as he tested it. They started over again with new flooring after they figured it out.

I've ran it in and out several times so far. Seems fine. We'll see what the future holds. Good luck to the rest of you guys in the repair.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can double down on this one. Retrieved 303RLS from service and when we opened it there was a big slice on the passenger side floor. We immediately took it back and service diagnosed as caused by a screw too long that secured the table to the floor. They got authorization to replace the floor but we decided that the repair work that was completed was very well done and declined the larger repair because we felt that larger repairs would probably look worse than the current fix. Then .... as we closed in the drivers side with all of the appliances, the floor on that side began to curl and roll up because the slide was down on the floor as it was being retracted. We're going to have it addressed when we take it in for winter storage. We don't want it sitting in the service bay this late in the season.
    2022 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Andersen Ultimate hitch
    2017 F-250 King Ranch Scrw, PS 6.7, SRW, shortbed, 3.55 rear end

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update, Got camper back with floor fixed and guess what? Floor tore on first time again. Am not happy with my camper.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz1234 View Post
    Update, Got camper back with floor fixed and guess what? Floor tore on first time again. Am not happy with my camper.
    Well that's not good to here. Will you be getting in contact with GD? Also can you let us know the fix that was just provided?

Brian

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can state that the repair (additional rollers installed on slide) completed on my 303 seems to be working. I have had that slide in and out 30 or more times since the repair - no wrinkling or tears. However, there is a slight marking beginning to appear on the floor where one of the rollers was installed. Just a faint line currently. I assume the cause is the weight of the roller wearing on the flooring as it rolls back and forth over the same spot repeatedly. It worries me because it will likely become worse over time, but what is one to do?

I would encourage anyone experiencing this issue to inquire about the additional rollers available.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting. My 12/18 build 303 does not have additional rollers. Slide was dragging floor. Dealer checked with GD and they only authorized slide adjustment. Dealer stated when it tears the floor they will probably be able to get GD to authorize additional rollers. I guesss time will tell as we haven’t loaded it up yet or used the slide much.
    2013 Ram Cummins 3500
    2019 GD 303RLS-SOLD

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We took our new 303RLS back to our dealer immediately after our floor tore. First time opening it! They opened it up once we arrived and it ripped more and the vynal floor started pulling away from the sub floor. We were shocked at what was happening to our new rig. The dealer replaced the ripped section and adjusted the slide. We have only been out once in it after the adjustment was done. We watched the slide as we close it and went slow as it got close to the island. It is still dragging and we fear it is going to rip again as well. We contacted GD in regards to our issue and concern and they recommended adding extra rollers to the slide. We have another issue that we are going back to GD to have them do the repair because we don’t feel confident with our dealer doing it, so we are also getting them to add the extra rollers to the slide while we are there.
    We do love our new rig and hope this will solve the issue!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our 337 is going in on Wednesday for the floor patch and the service manager said a 3-roller kit. I hope it works and we need it back by 3-12 as we are going to the Las Vegas rally.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3215.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	1.62 MB 
ID:	17754
    2017 F350 4x4 6.7 Turbo Diesel
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast