User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slide problem 303rls

I recently unhooked camper from trip on level pad and the slide ate into my floor. I stopped and brought slide back in. It tore between island and fridge There are two holes that may be for countersink under the slide that one dug into floor. The slide seemed tight to floor as bottom seem to come out too far first before top started out. I have heard that slide is too heavy. Just bought new a few months ago and have had air in bedroom fixed as well. How many have had this to happen?

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 303 and mine started doing the same thing. the slide needs to be adjusted, too much weight on the rollers when it's in. They (GD) were supposed to fix mine at the annual rally last week but GD never showed up! We have been putting a thin rug under the rollers when we retract the slide.

Chuck

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clsfly View Post
    I have a 303 and mine started doing the same thing. the slide needs to be adjusted, too much weight on the rollers when it's in. They (GD) were supposed to fix mine at the annual rally last week but GD never showed up! We have been putting a thin rug under the rollers when we retract the slide.

Chuck
    Just wondering, did you turn in your Parking Ticket at the end of the registration line? We tried to get everybodys ticket but if you walked off to fast it may have not been collected , those are what GD used to find where everyone was parked. I do recall a few having to return with the ticket, it was being collected as we passed out the GD flags near the end of the line and stressed to those without it that is how service would find you.. Also did you go to the Service desk they (GD) had set up to check on your service order?

I'm just trying to find where the disconnect was so if things can be improved on next year by the volunteers we can improve on it.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes to both questions. When I checked on the status at the GD service desk.... they verified my phone # and my lot # she said they would call to make sure I was there. No call! I guess I will just live with it by putting something under the rollers.
    I don't think the volunteers can do much to improve GD service.

Chuck

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're right we can't improve GD , I was just making sure it wasn't on our end.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had the same problem. We drove it home and opened it only to find our brand new 303 had a tear in the vinyl floor. We took pictures and called dealer right away. We closed it up and took it back to dealer and it was even worse when they opened it!. They told us the same thing. The slide has heavy appliances on it. They adjusted the slide and repaired the floor for us. They told us they can’t adjust it too much or we could have rain come in. We are out this weekend for our first trip in our new rig and no issues but it is still tight in that same area.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is this a common problem on 303's?

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We did receive a response today from GD and they are aware of the issue of the slide on the the 303’s.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slauretani View Post
    We did receive a response today from GD and they are aware of the issue of the slide on the the 303’s.
    What's on that slide out that makes it so heavy?

Never mind, I looked it up. I was beginning to worry. But that slide out has a lot more on it than the one in our 26RL. I can see why it's so heavy.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had/ have the same issue. Brand new 2019 303 and first time out the floor wrinkled and then tore as I moved the slide in and then back out. Called the dealer and they contacted Grand Design, who approved new flooring. They stated the slide rollers were broken and have been replaced - I assume from the pressure from the mis-alignment. Just got the call yesterday it was complete but I have yet to pick it up. Hope it's a one off issue.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast