Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy New home on wheels

We brought our 303RLS home this past Saturday, opened out the slides and today it rained and the slide the fireplace is on leaked and the fireplace won't turn on either. After a call to GD and much discussion it was decided the circuit board is out in the fireplace and will need another one. The water leak is another story as I have to take it back to the dealer for repairs and they can't get to it till next week not to mention I will have put 320 miles on it once I bring it back home. Customer service has been great over the phone so far but I'm not feeling the love as far as the selling dealer is concerned.

titrtyca
    So sorry to hear you to are experiencing issues with water leaks. I have been posting about our issues with water leaks. Our Reflection 293RES has been at the dealer for 2 weeks so far for water leaks. This will be the second time we have had water leaks. As I have said before all Grand Design must be sure to experience precipitation with there RV as I believe there are issues with these RV that GD is not taking ownership of. I am not impressed with their customer service that they say they give. I hope you have a better experience then us. Spending a lot of money and watching it fall apart is sad.

Tim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where are your water leaks? Have they been able to identify how and where the water is coming in at all? I sure hope we haven't made a big mistake, I knew I was taking a chance on this company because it is so new but was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We spent 10 days at the lake recently where it rained hard almost every night. Our 303 was dry as a bone.
    Floyd - Lake Tenkiller, OK (and occasionally Okla City)
    2014 Reflection 303RLS #9
    2020 Transend Xplor 221RB
    2016 F150 SuperCrew EcoBoost w/HDPP and MaxTow

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is encouraging, I hope they can find the source and get it repaired. Thanks,

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have spent nearly 60 nights in our 303, and had quite a bit of rain in that time. Have yet to see any signs of water leaks.

Kay & Dave - Virginia Beach, VA
    Golden Retriever Molly - Been swimming in 28 states
    2019 Solitude 310GK
    2019 GMC Denali CC/LB SRW
    Previous rig: 2014 Reflection 303RLS #314 and 2008 Silverado 2500 D/A

titrtyca
    The dealer says he has identified the problem at the bottom of the slides. As you retract the slide the bottom gaskest roll or fold causing a gap while towing when the roads are wet. I think GD should issue a TSB "Do Not Tow When Roads Are Wet". Just kidding but I am a little frustrated with their reported great customer service. I am not feeling helped at all. I only get the standard answers from Ryan Prough, Warranty Manager at GD. I requested to please extend the warranty as it relates to water leak issues and he said no.

Tim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For what it's worth mine leaks sitting still and only when the slide is out.

titrtyca
    I was driving through the rain and got to our destination and was still raining. I also had the slides out In the rain. So I am not convinced that the leak is with the slides in while traveling. But for now I can only trust what the dealer says where the leak is. This is why I asked Grand Design for an extended warranty regarding this issue, but the would have nothing to do with that request. So again I say GD has some type of assembly issue that they of course would not share with its customers. As I have said before all Reflection owners must experience moderate to heavy rain with their new RV while moving and stationary prior to the warranty expires.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It has rained 26 days since I picked up my 303 from the dealership 37 days ago. It has slides in and out about equal length of time during rains. So far - no leaks have been detected and I pulled it during a thunderstorm that produced rain so intense traffic slowed to 30mph on the interstate. No leaks makes me happy ! Hope your leaks are properly fixed quickly.
    2018 GD Reflections 337RLS, 2021 Ram 3500 Cummins 4x4 CC w/auto level dually, TrailAir pinbox, B&W Companion hitch, Fold-A-Cover Tonneau

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast