User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Version of LevelMatePro has on/off switch for extended battery life.

I had looked at the LevelMatePro a few years ago and wasn't sure if I wanted to get them. When CW was selling them for $117 I thought it was worth looking at them again.

I did not buy the ones at CW because they were the old generation and tended eat batteries. This was the major complaint with the "version 1" units. Most of the other complaints seemed minor or rare, possibly related to early versions of the phone app.

Logic Blue did some mods to the app, but they eventually settled on an external on/off switch (version 2). Their beta test results suggested extended battery life to as much as 13 months depending on use. I think the official claim for battery life is now more than 3 months.

What is truly neat about these electronic levelers is how easy and fast it can make leveling. Just before entering the campgrounds, just switch on the LevelMatePro (it audibly beeps when powered on) and fire up the app. You can drive around and try to locate the most level spot available. The LevelMatePro, and most of its competitors use a algorithm that reads the data from the accelerometers to calculate how many inches off level you are.

LevelMatePro claims to use more expensive, temperature compensated accelerometer that are accurate to 0.2 degrees. Some of the competitors only claim about 1 degree of accuracy. This allows the LevelMatePro to measure off-level to within .25".

Using the bluetooth app for a towable, you observe what the app is reporting for left/right level and stop on the most level spot you have found. The app tells you how many inches you are off level left or right. You put the correct number of blocks to achieve that elevation, and then roll your trailer onto the blocks and chock the wheels. At that point the app should light up green for left and right.

Next to achieve fore/aft level disconnect from the TV. Once the hitch is off the ball, tell the app to remember this elevation. (When it is time to leave, you recall that elevation setting and then elevate the hitch to that elevation before reconnecting to the TV.) Then using the app lower/raise the hitch to the level position. The app will then show green for fore/aft level. Put your stabilzers down and extend slideouts if any.

What is really popular with these electronic levelers are the Anderson type crescent moon wheel levelers. These start out with less than an inch of lift and as the wheel rolls forward you can get anwhere up to 4" of lift. So instead of using block you put the Andersons under your wheels (one per axle) start driving forward until achieving left/right level, then brake, chock, and lock the wheels.

The most important thing to do is put the LevelMatePro where you can operate the switch and change the batteries. One my 2800BH, I put the unit in the passenger side cargo hold on the hitch wall above the cargo light. Even in the dark I can easily operate the switch and I have enough room to change the battery as well. Though the unit will go to sleep if not moved in an hour, be sure to switch off the LevelMatePro's power switch to conserve battery life.

I have only gone through this process once and even with the blocks I don't think it took me more 5-10 minutes to have everything deployed and locked. The bathroom door held its position true, and checking the bubble level on the floor and freezer showed dead on zero.

So far I am satisfied with the unit. I have not tested its competitors units to see if they hold up as well. Logic Blue has an OEM unit they sell to manufacturers which is powered from the RV's 12 volt power bus, and it may or may not have bluetooth.

It does work and is very useful and if I ever sell this trailer, the LevelMatePro comes with me.
    Foard County News & Sassy Schoolmarm
    Nathan & Susan Gifford
    Belle, & Danke
    53 days camping 8000 miles 2017
    2017 Imagine 2800BH
    '07 GMC Sierra 2500HD Duramax LBZ 4WD

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have the old version. I burn through a battery almost every trip.

Jim

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We’ve been using the LevelMatePRO (second generation with the on/off switch) and Andersen Levelers since last November. You are correct; the combination makes side to side leveling very fast, as well as front to back leveling. I typically turn the unit on before we leave a campsite so it’s ready to go when we get to the next campsite. When we arrive I start the app and see what we need to do to level, place the Andersen Levelers on whichever side needs to be raised, then watch the app on my iPhone until it reads side to side level. After doing front to back level I turn the unit off. I also set the tongue height on the unit to make hitching back up easier. So far after three major trips I am still on the same battery.

Unfortunately on our current trip our unit quit working correctly; giving very erroneous readings. I leveled the trailer manually and reset the calibration on the unit and a few minutes later the unit would read the trailer as being several inches out of level. I emailed the company and within a few hours I got a phone call from them. After discussing the problem Chuck advised the unit is defective and told me when we get back home to contact them and they will send me a new unit. I am looking forward to it. Using a carpenter level is a pain after getting used to the LevelMatePRO!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The on/off switch and extended battery life is just the half of it, in my opinion. Yes - as full-timers who travel a lot, we used to go through batteries frequently with the Gen 1 unit. The second, and to me, equally irritating characteristic of the first generation was their tenancy to drift or loose accuracy with significant temperature changes. Chuck has changed the way the tables are built (testing each board to wider extremes rather than extrapolating) and writing that data-based table to the firmware (as it was explained to me). Anyhow, we're much happier with our Gen 2 LevelmatePRO and haven't had to replace a battery or re-calibrate since we upgraded/updated.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

New Version of LevelMatePro has on/off switch for extended battery life.

I’ve been using this since we bought our camper, work perfect every time.

We’re on only our second battery after 4 months of full timing and using it about rvery 4 days. We move around a lot.

We don’t ever turn ours off, it just goes to sleep after an hour of not sensing movement, to conserve the battery.

Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post
    I’ve been using this since we bought our camper, work perfect every time.

We’re on only our second battery after 4 months of full timing and using it about rvery 4 days. We move around a lot.

We don’t ever turn ours off, it just goes to sleep after an hour of not sensing movement, to conserve the battery.

But... it's on and using the battery any time you're moving. The digital accelerometers that are the core of the leveling functions sense the movement and wake the unit up. The switch was added so we can turn them off while rolling - not at rest when they would go to sleep, anyway.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    But... it's on and using the battery any time you're moving.
    The digital accelerometers that are the core of the leveling functions sense the movement and wake the unit up.
    The switch was added so we can turn them off while rolling - not at rest when they would go to sleep, anyway.

Rob
    But, our Levelmate is mounted in the bedroom and we have a 220RK which has the slide that cuts off access to the bathroom and bedroom.
    If I turned the Levelmate off, right before we leave, pull the slide in, when we get to the next camp spot it isn't
    going to work until after I put the slide out, and can gain access to it to turn it on.
    I don't put the slide out unless we're already level.
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They make a OEM version that connects to the 12 volt buss. Unfortunately it is only available to the RV manufacturers.
    Foard County News & Sassy Schoolmarm
    Nathan & Susan Gifford
    Belle, & Danke
    53 days camping 8000 miles 2017
    2017 Imagine 2800BH
    '07 GMC Sierra 2500HD Duramax LBZ 4WD

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mounted the Levelmate on the forward wall of the same compartment I stow the Andersen levelers in on the street side. Pull up the app, jump out, open bin door, switch on the Levelmate, place the Andersens. By the time I get back to the truck the Levelmate has paired and ready to use. Get level and shut the Levelmate off. Easy access to change batts, too.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't know a thing about this and in fact until I read this thread, have never heard of this gizmo. I wonder if it makes any difference as to where in the RV, you mount it. Seems like the center of the RV would be best as trying to level the right rear corner would be difficult if the box is located in the right front of the RV. Thoughts ?
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast