User Tag List

Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks folks!

I went back and did considerable Copy/Paste to print and hand off to my Reflection dealer and/or to whomever I find to do the work. Sure glad it's Autumn instead of Spring.
    Gary & Erin + Kitty the '85# Border Collie/Lab
    2015 303RLS
    2018 F350 CCLB SRW 6.7PSD (1st Ford coming from '05 Duramax)
    http://www.kleenoilusa.com

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeDuty View Post

3. Has anyone attempted to get Extended Warranty to cover this?
    Our extended warranty did cover the repair but it would be best to check the fine print of your policy.
    Jim & Georgianne
    N. California
    2016 Reflection 29RS
    2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty PSD
    B&W Companion hitch
    Rubber turtle with no name

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update on my 2016 303RLS Reflection trailer. Brief summery: Flat original 2,600# springs August 2018 and replaced with 3,000# springs (4 leaf) November 2018, then curb side rear spring hanger break in May 2019 and new 3,000# springs installed on curb side, July 2019 RV technician noticed springs on road side were starting to flatten and excessive tire wear on the road side rear tire. Arrived home and tire is shot. Frame and Axle shop evaluated and recommended higher capacity springs 3,500#.
    Today, springs arrived at RV service shop. However, the highest springs the shop located are 3,300 pound rated but are 6 leaf. Manager took to the frame and axle shop. I will be taking the trailer in on Thursday to the frame and axle shop for the spring swap. I will also be inquiring about adding the V-Clip to spring hangers.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just did a search to see if I could find an image of the spring hangers Jayco used to use and low and behold what I found instead was FAILED LIPPERT SPRING HANGERS JUST LIKE WHAT THIS THREAD IS ABOUT! THIS IS A LIPPERT PROBLEM!

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...ger-64237.html

https://roadslesstraveled.us/fifth-w...rranty-repair/
    Last edited by Nuffsaid; 09-24-2019 at 09:11 PM.
    2023 GMC 3500HD CCLB DRW Duramax L5P, Banks Derringer/Idash/CAI 60 gallon fuel transfer tank
    2018 Solitude 310GK with Kodiak disc brakes 4000 lb Dexter springs, frame stiffeners
    RETIRED Maint Supervisor, Certified Welder, ASE Master Tech, Owner tire shop

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I reviewed the jayco Owners forum. One person suggested reporting the broken hanger issue to NHTSA.
    https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/VehicleComplaint/
    However, one person did so and reported no response from NHTSA. Perhaps if all of us report this issue NHTSA will respond?
    BTW: who performed the engineering calculations for the frame and suspension, Lippert or Grand Design?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My insurance will cover the broken hanger but nothing for the preventive mods on the others. Turns out they'll pay about $1100 of the $2500 bill. This includes MoRide, new hanger, and v-clips all around. Requested dealer closely check springs for arch and replace if necessary.
    Gary & Erin + Kitty the '85# Border Collie/Lab
    2015 303RLS
    2018 F350 CCLB SRW 6.7PSD (1st Ford coming from '05 Duramax)
    http://www.kleenoilusa.com

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorwinion View Post
    I reviewed the jayco Owners forum. One person suggested reporting the broken hanger issue to NHTSA.
    https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/VehicleComplaint/
    However, one person did so and reported no response from NHTSA. Perhaps if all of us report this issue NHTSA will respond?
    BTW: who performed the engineering calculations for the frame and suspension, Lippert or Grand Design?

I believe the frames are made to GD specs, but who designed the hangers...that would be Lippert most likely. As far as NHTSA , we tried to get people to report the greasy brakes and that went almost no where fast. The likelyhood of this getting reported enough to make a difference isn't likely judging from the brake reports.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seems the only thing NHTSA gets their shorts in a bunch is if the weight sticker plastered on the side of the RV is incorrect. They make the manufacturers put new stickers on. Meanwhile greased brakes, cracked frames, busted leaf springs and broken hangers aren't even on their radar.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Took delivery of a 2020 303 and they have not done anything new with these hangers. I’m going to box mine in like I did with the 2014.
    Jerry & Jeanine
    2016 Ram 3500 MegaCab Diesel
    2014 Reflection 293RES (sold)
    2020 Reflection 303RLS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New springs (again)

Quote Originally Posted by jbarnes4868 View Post
    Took delivery of a 2020 303 and they have not done anything new with these hangers. I’m going to box mine in like I did with the 2014.
    Did you wear your 2014 303 out in six years? If so, that leaves us with only two years to go with our 2016.
    See picture of how high my 303 is now with the new 3.3K six leaf springs. I had to raise the 5th wheel hitch in my truck. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191004_093518.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	96.1 KB 
ID:	23145The rear tire is the one that skewed when spring hanger broke, got that replaced since this picture was taken.
    BTW: My wife's cousin owns an Arctic fox 5th wheel, same size as the 303. The suspension system is beefy, even has shock absorbers and 6 leaf springs as well as six leveling pads. So, if we do end up replacing our Reflection, it might be with an Arctic Fox.

Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast