User Tag List

Page 38 of 40 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    jbarnes4868, I do have a question for you, are the wheels & tires still 15 inch or are they running 16 inch now?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 2014 was fine. The wife loved the new interiors. The 2020 is running 16” but still the Westlakes. Artic Fox are the best 5th wheels being manufactured in my opinion. Beefy frames, suspension along with quality build. But, they are heavy and have limited models.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I bought my Solitude, I wanted an Artic Fox for their build quality and frame construction, but my wife liked the bling of the interior of the GD. Wife wins.
    2023 GMC 3500HD CCLB DRW Duramax L5P, Banks Derringer/Idash/CAI 60 gallon fuel transfer tank
    2018 Solitude 310GK with Kodiak disc brakes 4000 lb Dexter springs, frame stiffeners
    RETIRED Maint Supervisor, Certified Welder, ASE Master Tech, Owner tire shop

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had V braces (this is what Lippert calls the V clips) installed today by Lippert. It took a while to schedule a time, but they did the work in an hour. I am very pleased with their service. The total cost was $161. The six V braces are $17.70, less that $3.00 each retail. I wish they had included them in the first place.

The service writer told me the manufacturer (Grand Design) decides what hanger they will install on the camper, it isn't necessarily what Lippert recommends. Lippert installs, as a matter of practice, the V braces on anything they service there for axle or frame work.

Dave
    2016 Reflection 27RL
    2015 Silverado 2500HD 6L
    B&W Patriot 18k slider
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave27 View Post
    I had V braces (this is what Lippert calls the V clips) installed today by Lippert. It took a while to schedule a time, but they did the work in an hour. I am very pleased with their service. The total cost was $161. The six V braces are $17.70, less that $3.00 each retail. I wish they had included them in the first place.

The service writer told me the manufacturer (Grand Design) decides what hanger they will install on the camper, it isn't necessarily what Lippert recommends. Lippert installs, as a matter of practice, the V braces on anything they service there for axle or frame work.

Dave
    Where did you have it done?
    Steve & Ann Ellis
    2018 Reflection 303RLS
    2019 Ram 3500 6.7 Cummins

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sellis1053 View Post
    Where did you have it done?
    At Lippert (LCI Service), in Goshen, Indiana
    2016 Reflection 27RL
    2015 Silverado 2500HD 6L
    B&W Patriot 18k slider
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last year we camped in Shipshewana, IN and a Grand Design authorized RV shop performed numerous repairs on our Reflection. I took my truck to a weld shop in Goshen for repair of the selector lever on the 5th-wheel sliding hitch. If I had known at that time about spring hanger’s potential of breaking I could have taken my trailer to Lippert as well.
    Back home, the frame and axle shop that replaced my springs told me the box tubing terminates too close to the spring hanger for enough material to weld a C brace. I am going to contact Lippert to purchase C braces and instructions. Perhaps with parts in hand and instructions, the placement and welding of C braces will be revealed.
    From Dave27, reply 374, perhaps that is why the original 2600 and then upgraded 3000 springs failed on my Reflection 303. Lippert told me the 25.5 inch spring was limited in load rating. GD needs to specify a higher rated spring.
    BTW: I agree somewhat with a comment from Joseph143, reply 300. However, everything my dealer has tried to repair has failed repeatedly or never repaired correctly. That is why we traveled 500 extra miles last year to Indiana to the Grand Design authorized RV shop Allegiant RV Service.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the reply I received from the email I sent to Lippert.
    Thanks for replying back, I cannot advise to add c clips to the hangers, i can only advise to keep the frame to factory specification, We built the frame to Grand design specifications, if you would want to add reinforcement to the hangers or modify the frames original intent i would reach out to Grand design for Approval,
    Thanks
    (I have withheld the Lippert employee's name)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorwinion View Post
    This is the reply I received from the email I sent to Lippert.
    Thanks for replying back, I cannot advise to add c clips to the hangers, i can only advise to keep the frame to factory specification, We built the frame to Grand design specifications, if you would want to add reinforcement to the hangers or modify the frames original intent i would reach out to Grand design for Approval,
    Thanks
    (I have withheld the Lippert employee's name)
    And yet, Lippert has no qualms installing V clips to GD owners who visit a Lippert Service Center or attend a GD rally. In my lowly opinion, one can’t go wrong beefing up an LCI built suspension. If that’s something you are thinking about doing, I wouldn’t let a letter which says basically says nothing deter me from upgrading the frame.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I posted my busted hanger fiasco on another forum but wanted to add mine to this list. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	29A45879-605B-49D8-8857-6678F50AB617.jpeg 
Views:	70 
Size:	168.8 KB 
ID:	23562

Had a mobile welder come out and I got back home to my winter site (we fulltime) and will need to get the hanger removed and rewelded before heading north in May. He did not do a good job, trying to find a good welder near Naples, FL. I will be heading to Goshen and Lippert will install the V Braces. I still think more reinforcement in the area or rear hangers would be a good idea. Learned a lot from this post.

Attachment 23564
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 71975615-99F4-4D06-A8A0-E3905ABC9201.jpeg  
    Last edited by Beachcamper; 11-19-2019 at 07:04 AM.
    Vivian
    2018 Reflection 303rls
    2018 Ford F-350 SRW Diesel

Page 38 of 40 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 LastLast