User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Doug, I'd love to copy your great improvement. Your explanation is excellent! We have a 2017 350M and since you have done all the leg work, I was hoping you could give me some details on the version of your One control touch pad (model#)? Curious to see if there was a change in the hardware from 2017 to 2019. I believe I understand the process but wanted to ask before I get into it. Any other tips would be greatly appreciated.
    Eric & Monique Cope...never left at home, our dog, Olive. Machipongo VA.
    2017 350M
    2017 F350 DRW, Crew cab, 8 ft bed, 4.10 axle. 27,500 lb. Reese Hitch
    Live by the Golden Rule!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GravesDiesel View Post
    DAMN I have GOT to do this! The lights controlled by only the "One Control" is my biggest gripe! Great modification!! Thanks for the advice. Where did you find those nice switch panels with proper labeling?

https://www.wiringproducts.com/5-pos...tch-panel.html

You fill out the online form and they will make it for you with custom labels.

$43 seems a bit pricey but they look very nice and work perfectly for this job.
    2022 Reflection150 226RK
    2022 F150 Powerboost hybrid with 3.5L Ecoboost

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cope View Post
    Hi Doug, I'd love to copy your great improvement. Your explanation is excellent! We have a 2017 350M and since you have done all the leg work, I was hoping you could give me some details on the version of your One control touch pad (model#)? Curious to see if there was a change in the hardware from 2017 to 2019. I believe I understand the process but wanted to ask before I get into it. Any other tips would be greatly appreciated.
    The numbers are on the unit in the pic in post #1 . Since that unit is where all the wiring happens that is the part you need to compare. The touch pad is not involved in the wiring add which i did.
    Last edited by DougW9876; 01-21-2019 at 09:22 PM.
    2022 Reflection150 226RK

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Doug, I must have misunderstood. You mentioned the following...... "There is some programming which I needed to do on the One Control touch pad. There are 2 choices for switch type in the programming of the ports in the One Control. Momentary and toggle. The kitchen ceiling was set to toggle, some of the others were set to momentary hence the varied results I mentioned above. With it set to toggle it simply turns the lights on or off with dimming being done through the One Control touch pad. I think this setting will work best for us so I set all of the switch types to toggle. With the switch type set to momentary pushing the switch and releasing it will turn the lights on or off. Pushing and holding a momentary switch will cause the lights to dim then brighten. When the lights get to the brightness you want you release the switch and they will stay at that brightness.

The LED controller that required the wiring is located in the basement? Is it near the other controllers? I believe my trailer may not have separate LED controller. Thank you for your reply. Eric
    Last edited by Eric Cope; 01-22-2019 at 09:13 PM.
    2017 350M
    Live by the Golden Rule!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cope View Post
    Hi Doug, I must have misunderstood. You mentioned the following...... "There is some programming which I needed to do on the One Control touch pad. There are 2 choices for switch type in the programming of the ports in the One Control. Momentary and toggle. The kitchen ceiling was set to toggle, some of the others were set to momentary hence the varied results I mentioned above. With it set to toggle it simply turns the lights on or off with dimming being done through the One Control touch pad. I think this setting will work best for us so I set all of the switch types to toggle. With the switch type set to momentary pushing the switch and releasing it will turn the lights on or off. Pushing and holding a momentary switch will cause the lights to dim then brighten. When the lights get to the brightness you want you release the switch and they will stay at that brightness.

The LED controller that required the wiring is located in the basement? Is it near the other controllers? I believe my trailer may not have separate LED controller. Thank you for your reply. Eric
    I misunderstood your question, thought you were talking about the unit under the stairs where the wire connects. In the bottom corner of my display it shows V2.5 543. The control unit the wiring is connected to is in the basement, under the stairs. Our unit is a 2019 that was built in July of 2018.
    Last edited by DougW9876; 01-22-2019 at 09:50 PM.
    2022 Reflection150 226RK

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Doug, I'll take a look under the stairs for the controller and the compare the versions for the display. I appreciate your posts. Hopefully I can repeat your success! Very informative!
    2017 350M
    Live by the Golden Rule!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DougW9876 View Post
    I got the light switches I have been waiting on, finding multiple mini rocker switches took some internet searching but i got some I am happy with.

I soldered a jumper across the back side to provide the 12VDC to the switches then connected the wires I had run to the One Control module under the steps. Cutting the hole in the cabinet was the hardest part, I think I measured 4 times before I drilled the starter hole and started up the jig saw. I simply turned one switch on, connected a wire to it, checked which light came on then moved the wire to the proper switch. When they all worked I screwed the switches to the wall and it all works as nice as I had hoped it would. The only thing left to do is to put some black paint on the screw heads so they won't show so much.

Over all, thus far, I am very happy with the results.

Attachment 15075Attachment 15076Attachment 15077
    What set of lights do the bunk lights come on with? Could they be put on the last switch you have there? I am really wanting to do this and hope I can do it as neatly as you did!
    2018 Grand Design Momentum 350M
    2018 Dodge Ram 4500 4x4 4 door flatbed Cummins Aisin 4.10s

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GravesDiesel View Post
    What set of lights do the bunk lights come on with? Could they be put on the last switch you have there? I am really wanting to do this and hope I can do it as neatly as you did!
    The light for the single bunk above the garage space has it's own switch up in the bunk area. The last switch is not used on my setup.
    2022 Reflection150 226RK

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DougW9876 View Post
    The light for the single bunk above the garage space has it's own switch up in the bunk area. The last switch is not used on my setup.
    My loft bunk light is controlled by the "one control" unit. I will need the last switch if I go with this setup. I really like the way you did yours! Thank you again.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Switches ordered from Wiring Products! Thank you! Gonna make this unit even more lovable!
    2018 Grand Design Momentum 350M
    2018 Dodge Ram 4500 4x4 4 door flatbed Cummins Aisin 4.10s

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast