User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

375RES Trailer Height Issue

So not long ago in a general section I posted that after delivery I noticed my springs had negative arch, which the dealer confirmed. After some back & forth GD decided to replace the springs. My guess is probably due to all the spring issues seen on here and other places. Now my issue is the springs that GD directed my dealer to use, (has a nice positive arch now) has raised the trailer almost 3 in. I measured it at 13' 8.5", the dealer measured it at 13'9", so either way she's over the legal height of 13'6".

Has anyone else had this issue? The dealer & I came up with a simple solution of simply re-drilling the shackle & center mount points higher up on the hangers which would lower the rig a good 2.5". GD's response was you do that and face legal action! So we obviously are now waiting on GD to come up with another solution, and I'm watching roadside clearance signs! I can't believe I'm the only Solitude 375 that has had springs replaced at the direction of GD and is now over height. So thought I'ld ask here if anyone's experienced this and what the solution was.

Thanks
    2016 Chevy Silverado 3500HD High Country Duramax
    Air Lift Air Bag Suspension
    2018 Solitude 375RES

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just FYI, most western states the height limit is 14' including WA. (according to rvsafely.com/rvroadlaws.htm)

GD... "Legal action" ?? not sure how that can play out.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes I know that, I just didn't list all the research I've done, but as you and research shows ... most not all. And east of the Mississippi it's typically 13'6" unless you have a special permit. I don't want a special permit, both the brochures and online say either 13'5" or 13'6", so that's what I want. Plus with her sitting higher I no longer ride level. The pinbox is already adjusted for maximum nose lift, and even fully inflating the air bags doesn't help. My avatar pic is from the day we picked her up, and everything is nice and level. That was before the spring replacement, she no longer rides level. Plus sitting higher the level up needs blocking as the actuators now have a shorter stroke. The "one step" entry has also needed blocks or another step all because it sits higher. So I have several reasons for wanting it lowered back to an as delivered height.

Again I can't imagine I'm the only one with this issue, and curious how others have had it corrected. Or maybe I just got the one built strange and everything has resulted in being too tall.
    2018 Solitude 375RES

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi- any update on your height issue? I'm curious how you netted out. Thanks!
    2021 Solitude 310GK: Linen/DP windows/gen prep/slide toppers/king bed/EOH disc brakes/Cooper-H tires
    2019 F-350: Lariat/CC/LB/Diesel/DRW/4x4/Bakflip MX4/B&W 20K/AirLift 5000
    Other stuff: TST 507 TPMS/2x BB batteries/Victron BMV-712/Champion 3500 dual fuel gen/Garmin 780 GPS/22" Blackstone

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well yes kind of an update. So GD did have my dealer replace the springs, but now it has a different issue. The new springs lowered it back down to the advertised height, only now she leans towards the drivers side. I'm fortunate in that I have a level concrete pad next to the house, so after I got her home something just didn't seem right. Got to looking and realized she leaned. In fact it leans towards the drivers side and is 3/4" lower than the curbside. So I emptied everything out (quite the job) to just as delivered, still leaned. Made arrangements, went to the scales first where it weighed 500# heavier than the factory sticker. Then to dealer who confirmed it was empty and also confirmed she does not sit level and is 3/4" lower on drivers side. Which raises questions of overloading drivers side tires/suspension etc. That was 3 months ago and we're still waiting to hear back from GD on what to do next.
    2018 Solitude 375RES

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would just put next size heavier springs on the heavy side and call it a day!
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been watching this thread and I really feel for you lowlevl. I have the same trailer but 2019 model. The weight slip that came with mine said it was 500-600 pounds (don't remember exact number) heavier on the street side. It did however sit dead level when I picked it up and still does when loaded for bear. It could be because mine has the outdoor kitchen and washer/dryer on the curbside but it also has the generator on the street side so who knows. Maybe they went heavier springs on the street side for 2019, who knows. I really hope you get yours resolved though...good luck!
    Last edited by Txfivver; 03-08-2019 at 06:34 AM.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff