Likes Likes:  0

Thread: hOME SCHOOLING

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hOME SCHOOLING

Hi, I was wondering if any full timers are home schooling their kids.If so, do you use virtual learning or is E-Learning still a thing after Covid. We're planning on traveling with my grandson and would like more info. We talked to the local school about travelling for three months with him to home school then him starting second grade when we return. School said no but then we saw a video about our local school that said we could. Tried a couple of times with his school for answers and haven't heard anything else.Any help in the right direction would be very helpful. Thank you.
    2021 imagine 2400 BH. 2021 Chevy Trail Boss, 6.2 engine.

Rolling Along
    Whatever state the landing gear sits upon (Texas c
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim and Patty View Post
    Hi, I was wondering if any full timers are home schooling their kids.If so, do you use virtual learning or is E-Learning still a thing after Covid. We're planning on traveling with my grandson and would like more info. We talked to the local school about travelling for three months with him to home school then him starting second grade when we return. School said no but then we saw a video about our local school that said we could. Tried a couple of times with his school for answers and haven't heard anything else.Any help in the right direction would be very helpful. Thank you.
    Every state is going to have different laws and different options. Generally, though, it's easier to do one or the other. You will want to check your state rules and regulations and go from there.

Our oldest will start homeschooling next school year, so we've been researching and planning. Being in Texas, we've heard it's much easier to homeschool than other states.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for your quick response. I appreciate your your info.
    2021 imagine 2400 BH. 2021 Chevy Trail Boss, 6.2 engine.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our oldest 2 have been homeschooled since 1st/2nd grade and our youngest 2 have never been to public school. We move a lot (I'm in the Navy) and it really depends where you are. Every state has different laws pertaining to home school. I think in your case it will depend on where he is currently registered for school or what state his residence is. There are lots of resources online, check out Fulltime Families and Homeschool.org (I think that's it, it's been a while since I've looked at it).
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We homeschooled our three from preschool through high school. Now one of them is homeschooling her children. Since her husband can work from anywhere that he has good Internet connection, they have actually considered road schooling.

Check the homeschooling laws for your State and be sure to follow them. If you don't like those laws, move to a State that has better laws. I'd suggest joining HSLDA if you haven't already done so. I'm sure they will have some good advice.

You may also want to join X-capers, part of Escapees, and see who else is already doing what you are planning. They will have some real-world advice.
    David Lininger, kb0zke
    Rev. 2:10c
    2022 Reflection 315RLTS, 2016 F350 CC SRW King Ranch
    https://www.smugmug.com/app/organize/2022-315RLTS-Solar